ISP Speed Test

Koby

You are all so lucky! Im stuck downloading at 140 kbs max. and upload is about 20 kps. and im paying $60 a month for that! verizon sucks.

Although I have heard good things about their fiber optic internet. I wish I could get that.

I had Verizon DSL one time. It downloaded up to 450 KBPS, and uploaded up to 200 KBPS. Not bad really, but was about $40 if I remember right.

Getting upgraded from 1.50 Mbs Download speed to 10.00 Mbs Download speed within couple of days prolly be tomorrow. Yeah about time now I'll be able to do alot of stuff faster.

And I am paying for 16mbps and look what I get

It must be some mistake lol.

I would Really have a Talk with your Internet Service Provider if Yall Aren't Getting what yall are paying for. I would make them fix it and have them give a discount for it being like that for so long or make them give a month free.

My old one.

739985289.png

My new one

853049751.png

Im happy

Thats is one hell of an upgrade im glad for ya man. I know for fact that your happy. well have fun with it man

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, new thread here

I've just switched ISP to UPC. I'm on their 100Megabit fibre optic plan. Since I'm sharing the connection with one other dude at the moment, that means I get about 40-50 megabits. Just a few minutes ago, I did a speed test.

Last Result:

Download Speed: 37080 kbps (4635 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 7346 kbps (918.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 23 ms

So what's your ISP like? What package are you using and do you get what's advertised?

Remember, there's a difference in bytes and bits. In my example, I'm on 100 megaBIT package. Divide that by two (two people) and I get 40-50 megaBITS. 1 megaBIT is 1-eighth of one 1 megaBYTE, so the result up there says I get about 4.6 MegaBYTES a second. If I download a 700Megabyte CD, it would take me roughly 100 seconds or so.

Just last night, I tested my connection with a Modern Warfare 2 torrent. It was 11 gigs, and I'd already gotten about 1.5 downloaded. In about 3-4 hours, my new ISP had polished off the remaining 9.5 gigs.

EDIT: Just redid my speed test

Last Result:

Download Speed: 44551 kbps (5568.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 8790 kbps (1098.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 49 ms

My connection is Great, I upgrade from a 1.5Mb to this,

6.9Mb Download

0.49Mb Upload

My ping is 30

Mp3 file (5 Mb) - 6Sec

Video clip (35 Mb) - 41 Sec

Movie (800 Mb) - 15 mins

I got a RoadRunner Internet With Brighthouse TV and Phone... Very Pleased with the speed, but the wallet hates the $145 a month bill

• 2 weeks later...

I use a FTTH connection from BSNL, its not that great, 16megabits per second(speed independent most of the time), although I get somewhere about ~500kbps~ to ~7megabytes per second~ does not make much difference, cause my net crashes most of the times, sometimes, refuses to turn the internet on >_<, but has low ping of 22mS.

Oh I am so glad there is a thread for this lol.

True Down: 360 kbps

True up: something like 100 kbps

And now...my f^^cking isp is going to get a new A hole.

-WHAT SERVICE USES A REGULAR 192.168 local ISP messing with ANY wireless router you connect to it...

-WHAT SERVICE USES THE STANDARD ADMIN ADMIN PASSWORD COMBINATION ON THEIR ROUTER!!!

-WHAT SERVICE MAKES YOU OPEN PORTS JUST TO PLAY THE PLAYSTATION ONLINE...(I had to figure this one out by myself >.>)

I could keep going...but I think you get the point. I live in northern Maine and the internet here is a joke. Speed is non-existent, and, the internet goes down quite a bit. The people who work for the internet company are incompetent, and, I could probably replace half of their employees and still make their company more efficient...and I AM STILL IN COLLEGE!

.................My ISP is trolling me........................:beat_brick:

<~~Comcast~~>

Blast package( ordered performance but they messed up the order and today I went to have a talk with them and now I pay for performance with blast speeds lol)

MP3 (5mb) 2sec

Video Clip (35mb)12sec

Movie (800Mb) 4min

Download 24.97Mb/s

Upload 3.67Mb/s

Ping 12ms

Server tested on Chicago IL - Distance ~100 mi

love my beastly new internet ^_^

• 2 months later...