ISP Speed Test

Koby

• 2 weeks later...

Just yesterday, my net got really really weird.....

For some reason my download speed was way above of what I'd normally get, and surely it wasn't normal.... O.o

So I took a test:

speed.io.png

1552304069.png

o______o

Is there any possibility that my ISP got glitched? Coz I have no idea how the bloody hell it rose to over twice the speed I'm supposed to be paying for.... :shocked:

(Hope it stays that way xD lol)

• 4 weeks later...

Australia pretty much sucks ass when it comes to Internet speed, but the future could look bright if idiocy doesn't get in the way.

Type: ADSL2+

Speed: 800-900kbs; 90~kbs for Uploads)

Cost: $89 per month (I go halves with my parents)

Usage Limit: 500gbs and then 'Slowed' to basically Dial-up speeds.

I used to have Cable where I lived, which could provide download speeds of 1.4megabytes per second, but sadly not where I now live. Melbourne is the best state in 'Oz for the fastest Internet.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is mine at about 20:00, so it peak times. Still it's lower than I thought. We pay £23 a month ($35.85) that's with phone line, broadband & TV tuner, lol supposed to be 10MB I'll test it later. Unlimited downloads so at least that's all good.

1644919749.png

EDIT

Just retested at about 1:00 and got these results

1645393606.png

So much better now, so I'm happy.

Here's mine one,

1442536176.png

(4G Wireless)

1641832312.png

(Crappy ADSL)

4G one I pay $50 AUD which equals to about $50 USD and ADSL I pay $90 AUD which equals to about $90, so I pay $140 dollars for internet alone each month. 4G I get 15GB with line speed from 0.5-40/1-2MBps (never get passed ten, always around 4-8MBps), and ADSL I get

500GB with line speed of 30/1MBps (Never get 10MBps on WiFi) I could upgrade to 100/1MBps and pay an extra 10 dollars but no way.

Actually I don't pay for it my parents do, we are too lazy to change it so we are actually getting ripped off.

50MB Down / 5.8MB Up.

Kind of glad I read this thread today. Did a speadtest and it said 1.4 MB up and was like wtf. Turned router off/on at plug and no change. Rebooted it via router admin and voila back.

I hadn't check upload speed in a while and had no reason too as I hadnt uploaded in quite a while and gaming was fine, aswell as download. Occasionally, Every few Months, I wake up to or come home to no internet , but I just turn off/on at wall and its back instantly.

Now im wondering if the no internet every so often is a dirty little trick my ISP is trying to conserve bandwidth.

Yeah, I know, Paranoia :sweat:

• 1 month later...

I live in France and have 30Mbits per second download and 1Mbit per second upload. Yeah crappu upload speed compared to the download but couldn't have better without paying extra for TV I don't want. I also have unlimited phone towards other french landlines and mobile phones and all that for 30€/month

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...