Do you prefer the shorter anime or the longer anime?

Xanodus

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It takes a really good Writer to pull off something decent without holes or abrupt endings in a 12/13-episode series, I find. 26 episodes seems to be a pretty magic number, as it allows a pretty good amount of time to get to know the characters/World in-depth. In the end though, I hate it when a good thing has to end, so I suppose there is no pleasing me no matter how many episodes a show has, haha. Fullmetal Alchemist does a nice job without needing hundreds of episodes or painful fillers, but in saying that I didn't have too much difficulty enjoying the bulk of Dragon Ball Z's near-300 episodes or Naruto's 220.

I guess to sum it all up, if the anime is short I'm going to be very critical when it comes to holes in the story and the way it ends, where I will be far less harsh with a longer series. And no matter how excellent the ending, I'll still wish there were a hundred more episodes. :D

short series of anime to me are like cowboy bebop and trigun. They have about 26 episodes or so and thats all there is to the anime.

Like s-cry-ed, DNAngel and death note. even if death note had 34 episodes or 36, it was a pretty short watch after you had them all.

and on going series today like OP Bleach and Naruto could have been done in parts instead of adding fillers to keep people entertained to an extent.

I prefer short anime series, over long ones.