Do you prefer the shorter anime or the longer anime?

Xanodus

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watch a lot of anime during the weekends with friends as this is the only time I get to see them. So during those times, usually 13 episode animes are better in that situation, although I do still watch longer ones. For example, I literally just finished FMA Brotherhood - well like 20 mins ago - and that took me a week to watch and was perfectly enjoyable.

I think it boils down to one thing; quality. For me a series could go on for 1,000,000 episodes and I'd still watch it providing I was still enjoying it. Granted that's reducto ad absurdum but I'm sure you get my point.

I have yet to watch the really long series like Inu Yasha and Gintama and have never really been interested in Bleach/Naruto/One Piece because from what I have seen of them the quality isn't maintained and there is too much filler.

I have yet to watch the really long series like Inu Yasha and Gintama and have never really been interested in Bleach/Naruto/One Piece because from what I have seen of them the quality isn't maintained and there is too much filler.

At least in One Piece the quality is maintained or just keeps getting better.

Also comparing filler amount of the big 3:

Naruto: somewhere around 38%

Bleach about 50%

One Piece: 8%

I can't remember the exact percentages but they are around that given the math Iki did on them from adding up the filler episodes and total episodes. As you can see, very little of One Piece is filler. When it does have filler it's usually small arcs of only a couple episodes and with the exception of one filler arc, the majority of it would seem canon if you didn't know any better. I'd definitely recommend you check it out.

It’s always been more a factor of the quality of the story/plot and character development then a matter of length in my liking. My favorites reflect that, ranging from the shorter-middle length series to the seemingly never-ending ones like Bleach and Naruto. Though I find those longer series to be less enjoyable as a whole, their arcs that have some series thought and precision in their creation (like the SS Arc in “Bleach” for example) are usually quite incredible. In terms of enjoyment of the entire series, however, I tend to find the shorter-middle length ones to be the most entertaining. Code Geass has always been and probably always will be one of my absolute favorite anime. It was just the right length and ended where and when it should have. I could never see that show going for 100+ episodes and still having the fan base it has now. At the same time I could not imagine the “Naruto” series being told in 50 so episodes. It depends on the story which is trying to be told in the anime.

I love long, as i call em "Epics" though waiting on them from week to week can be tedious so i tend to fill in the gaps with shorter shows that every minute is to the point and necessary for the story. One piece is my fav anime ever, but what would it be like without Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and the Tenchi Muyo's of the world :dhh::greedy: