Do you prefer the shorter anime or the longer anime?

Xanodus

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to say that if the anime is as long as, let's say Bleach or Inuyasha (not pointing fingers or anything), I wouldn't stay committed to it because I like to have answers questioned and questions answered. But, a series like FLCL is too short, because an entire series of that would be simply amazing. So a length like Soul Eater or Rurouni Kenshin would probably be my cup of tea.

I don't really have a preference but I find that a lot of the short anime series that I have watched I wish were longer. I also find it easier to watch a short anime without subs as opposed to a long anime because there are a lot less episodes and it isn't as time consuming.

• 2 weeks later...

Definately longer, I just can't seem to find many long term anime's out there that I enjoy. I dont think short anime's should be extended for the sake of it or with "fillers" but if i find an anime i like, i would prefer it lasted longer or was ongoing.

Only recently have I decided to venture further outside the Bleach realm. With Shakugan no Shana/2 being the first one that I've completed, I'm already more partial to short animes.

It's also less time downloading. Currently trying to fill up a new external HD with as much anime that I can download until I build a better computer.

Long animes take too long to finish... I don't feel I have much time or patience, and it feels like they drag on soo much... but I mean, it's still really bad if an anime is longer than it's supposed to be, if they have fillers or just drag on even if they're short. If people tell me that an anime is over 100 episodes I just say no, I really can't watch that long to see how it ends. I mean it's not that I only care about how it ends but sometimes it feels like long animes make you wait and wait and wait on purpose and it just gets so annoying.