Do you prefer the shorter anime or the longer anime?

Xanodus

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah depends what I feel like, if it's short then it must be eye catching and shouldn't waste any time telling the story, if it's long it has to have a story that I would wan't to know the conclusion of and decent and eye catching events that would actually keep my attention.

Well, I personally don't mind. As long as it isn't OH-SO-LONG and incomplete ((ongoing)). I mean, if it's like 200+ episodes and completed, I don't mind. I just find it harder to watch and get caught up on if it's very long and ongoing. But if it's long and completed, I'm good to go. But a lot of anime I do indeed like aren't exactly long. In fact, my absolute favorite anime is only 26 episodes long, and that's s-CRY-ed.

But then again, I do think it depends on the storyline, well drawn, and worth the watch.

This is tricky, Some shorter anime dont get far enough into the story or just have limitless possibilities (S-Cry-Ed,Hellsing, Fullmetal Alchemist, Raxephon) But some end just perfect, Other LONGER series anime a amazing and have embraced their potential (Bleach, Naruto,One Piece) while others the story just begins repeating ..... "Oh bad guy lets train and see if the artists can find a new way to draw me to look strong enough to beat him" All in all I would say the longer ones just because you have better character development and have more time to become attached to you favorite hero, But there is a point where you just have to retire,

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

I LOVE S-Cry-Ed

I would say shorter but only because there are very few if any long anime that I have come across that have realized that we don't care about nor want filler episodes. I would rather not have a filler episode and find something else to do with my time than bother sitting there for 20 minutes wasting my time. Series like Naruto and Bleach have taken fillers to an extreme too where they do whole arcs of filler that take a month or more...I would rather they just say, "hey we will be back in december, bye", and leave it at that.

It really depends for me. Sometimes I enjoy a short, 25 or more episode anime, and then I enjoy some animes with over 100+ episodes. It all matters on how they keep the story going. Animes like Samurai Champloo or Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi, are too short in my opinion and left me wanting more. Bleach is way too longer, half the times the fillers confuse me because they have nothing to do with the what's actually going on, but I still watch it. Fairy Tail is good though, they don't spend like five episodes on one fight and they don't have too many fillers.

But I mostly end up watching short animes, since it doesn't take as long, but sometimes I'll watch those seemingly never-ending ones if I have time.

Shorter anime because all the ones i've seen that are long have waaaay too much filler, waaaaaaaaay tooo much filler, which is mainly the super power fighting anime, im lookin at you bleach, naruto, and one piece. A long anime with no filler and constant story advancement would be great tho