Last Live-Action Movie you Watched?

Koby

• 1 month later...

Well about a week ago I was surfing through my computer and saw the Road Warrior. I hadn't watched it in a long time so I did. I always love how absolutely crazy that movie is and how cool Mel Gibson's car is. "You wanna get outta here, talk ta me." God I love that part.

So I just saw Man of Steel and I gotta say it was pretty cool. The story diverges an awful lot from the original plot of the comic book's but, there is some reference to revamp graphic novel's like Birthright and World at War. At first I wasn't to pleased with the whole "Let's flip the story around for the sake of people who have never read the comics or watched the cartoon's" but, I've grown used to accepting that if you want a box office smash then you need to make the story more plausible for the average Joe. I had a great time seeing a new unique story and the part of Jor-El was played by Russell Crowe who is always a fun actor. Highly recommend this one especially since Christopher Nolan had a hand in it.

Last night I watched Hitch hikers guide to the Galaxy again. I don't know why but, this movie has always been a really fun quirky movie for me to watch. I really enjoy the character's and the story is hilarious. It's almost like watching an anime that was made into a movie and then condensed for time. I owned the book at one point (found it for free on a second hand bookshelf) and found out that the movie is just one story from three books in the series. I think I'm going to look into buying all three book's they seem like a fun read.

Just finished a boot leg copy of Pacific Rim Last night. It's probably my favorite movie of this year. I have to say I love giant robot's after all chicks dig giant robot's. The whole movie kind of "copies" a semi-similar story to the anime Dai-Guard another favorite of mine which I own on DVD. Basically these giant monster's called Kaiju (Japanese for giant monster or strange creature) come out of a giant dimensional rift in the pacific ocean and after a hard fought battle that cost billions of dollars just to kill one the people of earth decide to commission giant robot's called Jaeger's to fight the monstrous Kaiju. There's a price though. At first the Jaeger's seem great but it soon becomes apparent that the machines cause massive brain trauma when used so the people of Earth decide to condition two pilots per Jaeger to share the burden of piloting the giant mech's. The cast includes Ron Pearlman and that funny guy with a squeaky voice from "It's always Sunny in Philadelphia" and the story run's a plot similar to Armagedon. We are racing against the clock to kill the monster's before they kill us instead of we are racing against the clock to kill the giant asteroid before it kills us.

Some of you may or may not enjoy the movie the story is so-so but, if your a giant robot fan you will love it. The idea behind the creation and piloting of the mechs is a combination of an Evangelion style plug suit that stimulates brain activity mixed with a G-Gundam style you move the robot moves control system. I greatly enjoyed this movie and hope you all do to.

Long time since I watched something called "live action". So here it is: "Oblivion". Science fiction movie with Tom Cruise (that guy got old). Good movie, well even better than expected. Not brilliant, but good enough to make my day better. Stunning visuals (main reason for watching it), not bad story (at least much better than expected; though with many questionable parts, mismatches and so on), decent actors (though was saddened that Morgan Freeman couldn't show his whole potential; deserved much better part in this movie / and about Tom,.. well he was much much better at "Interview with the Vampire"). Either way let's give it 8/10.

EDIT v1:

"World War Z". Surprisingly good one. Well, this one was in my plans to watch, but to say the truth I didn't expect much of it. Seeing Brad Pitt playing family loving father was a little bit strange. But... after couple of minutes into the movie I realized that it (movie itself) might be not so bad. And further this movie went, better it got. And in the end I was very pleased. Nice special effects, nice story, maybe just that all "family" thing wasn't very my taste. 9/10. Very good zombie movie. Much better than expected, though could have shown more "colossal action" scenes towards the end (like in Israel).

"The Colony". As expected: bad. Well, I like dark movies, but this one was boring. Nice atmosphere, but overall like "B" movie. Good actors, decent special effects (not much though). Story (sadly) wasn't anything good. So dropped it. Not like expected anything else, so no worries from my side.

EDIT v2:

"After Earth" 7/10. Rather good, but expected more. Nice special effects, not bad actors (won't badmouth Will Smith; he always is good; though I question decision to put his son as lead; not very suitable; not bad, but missing something), somewhat lacking story (too much talks, not so much adventures on forgotten Earth). Either way didn't ruined my evening, so was happy about that.

EDIT v3:

"Pacific Rim". Was disappointed by it. It was only one movie that I was waiting eagerly to see, but sadly after seeing it realized that I was waiting for nothing. Had to skip a lot. Special effects were marvelous; all that fights with kaiju (or whatever) really were impressive, but sadly that was the only good thing. Actors so so, acting not better and story lame. I'm not saying this movie was bad; it was rather good - average, but sadly I expected much more out of it. 7/10 or less maybe.

Edited by dudefromLT

• 3 months later...

"Man of Steel". Quite not bad, considering that I myself not much into man that wear tight clothes. Well, story was so so and actors not very my taste, but special effects... It were rather impressive. Mostly that made this movie worth my evening. I can't say that I enjoyed it much, but it wasn't very disappointing considering my negative opinion before watching it. I could rate it somewhere averagely. Though when you think about it, of all superman movies this one is yet the best.