Last Live-Action Movie you Watched?

Koby

Chronicle. BDRip from... can't remember. Not my taste. Skipped almost all of it. Well, just kept watching parts where special effects were present. I think the main thing that irritated me (and obviously made me decide not to watch) was camera. Like in "Cloverfield" and some other movies (can't remember their titles). I just couldn't stand the whole concept of it. It was like the main characters new that they were only actors and was acting in the movie (well I can't explain it really). It just was unrealistic with that filming. So only 2/10 from me. By the way special effects were kinda good. And actors maybe... Can't say for sure.

• 2 months later...

Red Cliff. This John Woo movie was originally released in Chinese theaters in two parts and is over 4 hours. It is however a very epic and visually impressive movie, but apparently only 50% historically accurate. I'd recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys historic war movies with grand battle scenes and clever strategies/counter-strategies.

• 2 weeks later...

Battleship [Eng] [EngSub] [bDRip] (2012) [KiNGDOM]

Long story short: good movie. 8/10 from me.

Short story long: good movie only in a sense of special effects (wonderful computer generated visuals; I just loved them), everything else - not so good. Well, as I wasn't expecting anything good apart special effects I got what I was hoping for: beautiful visuals. That was enough for me. But as it stands out I must point out some minuses. I just must:

1 minus: acting; Rihanna isn't good actor; well, I can forgive her as it is her debut (I think); same goes to majority of actors out there; it just didn't feel real; kinda seemed that they weren't able to feel characters they were performing.

2 minus: aliens decided to invade Earth; three on three; why the heck to leave the last enemy ship intact? I don't get it. Ordinary, you should remove all obstacles (meaning not leaving anyone alive who later can become a threat). So why? Are they so stupid? I just don't get that alien thinking.

3 minus: as it seems humans are very...strong. They can be beaten up by extra terrestrial life form, but still able to stand up without any traces of blood. I wonder would that work in real life?

4 minus: Why aliens ships had to jump over the water like frogs? Visually it was beautiful, but it kinda irritated. They were able to get to Earth through space, but wasn't able to fly (or swim) over the water smoothly? That was strange. And didn't they have any better weapons. For crying out loud: they were aliens, who were able to get to earth. And what they had in storage: some shield, some running circles, and some shitty bombs. Where lasers, were missiles and such. I was disappointed.

6 minus: ... O.K. Enough with that. Even more will make you think that I didn't like this movie. Though I did like it. Thought it wasn't very bright from the script side. But it was O.K. (very O.K.) from SE side.