Last Live-Action Movie you Watched?

Koby

"Lockout". Hm... Nothing special. Decided to watch it because of some cool visuals, but was kinda disappointed. In trailer this movie looked much cooler, than it was in reality. I could rate it 5/10 at best. Well, the story was general (bad guys, good guy, nice chick (not much this time); good guy beats bad guys and hooks up with chick), characters were somewhat better (Alex and Hydell were kinda cool, with that Irish (I think) accent), special effects were... not so good. Compared to "Battleship" it were disappointing. If rate only it, it would be somewhere 5/10. Either way, evening was not so good watching this movie. Well, at least action scenes were decent, except in first part of the movie (scene with motorcycle; so unrealistic...).

• Like 1

"The Hunger Games". What a movie. Wonderful, just wonderful. Well, I got much more than I was expecting. 10 of 10 from me.

Story (10/10). Marvelous. All script was just wonderful. All that game "thing" was nice idea. Though ending was kinda... not that I was expecting for:

Well, I was happy that the ending ended happy. Main characters survived and such, but... From story I kinda expected the ending too be sad. Especially from the scenes when players started to kill each other (so sad), and especially the scene with Rue. Man, I can swear that I almost cried when she died and during the couple of minutes after that moment. That scene was just heartbreaking. So I kinda hoped that the ending would have ended in the same manner. Oh well. Either way I liked it, even if was expecting something different.

Characters (10/10). No minuses here. Main was chosen perfectly.

Special effects (10/10). Not like there were much of it. But still, the ones that was showed was good.

So overall 10/10. This movie surprised me.

Past weeks movies took away my anime. Dunno why, but for some reason I started watching movies more than anime. Well, not like it will last long... Either way: another addition to my collection:

"Dictator". Hm... What can I say. Not "bright" but good movie. Funny, sometimes very funny. Some scenes really unforgettable, like helicopter scene or that moments when "great leader" ordered to execute the ones he didn't like. One minus though: romance isn't something that I wanted to see in this movie. It was just out of place. And scenes involving romantic relationships and hints to romance was just... painful to look. Despite that I rate this movie as 8/10. Not as near as good as my recent entry "The Hunger Games", but was worth my evening.

The Hunger Games. I'd give it a 5/10. What a crappy movie. I feel bad for anyone who read the book(s). Hell, I feel bad for anyone who didn't read the book(s). Despite being quite a long movie, it had no character development whatsoever. There were no explanations for many things, and if you hadn't read the book(s), you wouldn't understand what you just saw or why they did what they did. And Cinna didn't get beat >.> The only good part was when Peeta was hiding xD

• 3 weeks later...

And I liked that movie. Very, very much. And if I read books (though that isn't going to happen; unless I wouldn't have access to net) I would like them even more. And my last addition to my movie list: "Dark Shadows". Bad movie. Brilliant (as always) Johnny Depp. Liked performance of his acting Barnabas Collins, but couldn't stand the movie itself. It was just... boring. At first seemed quite good, but after half an hour or so, I just couldn't force myself to watch it any longer. I was bored by it. I kinda liked atmosphere of movie (it was like times of hippies or what?), but script was just... not so Tim Burton. I don't know... His past movies were much better.

The Hunger Games. I'd give it a 5/10. What a crappy movie. I feel bad for anyone who read the book(s). Hell, I feel bad for anyone who didn't read the book(s). Despite being quite a long movie, it had no character development whatsoever. There were no explanations for many things, and if you hadn't read the book(s), you wouldn't understand what you just saw or why they did what they did. And Cinna didn't get beat >.> The only good part was when Peeta was hiding xD

Think you might be spoiling things from the 2nd book. I enjoyed the movie, but I agree that there wasn't enough explanation into Katniss' motivation. All that romance she did was supposed to be a calculated maneuver. They simplified it for the very little ones

Snow White and the Huntsman. I've wanted to watch this for a long time because I like Chris Hemsworth, but I've been putting it off because I don't like Kristen Stewart. But no longer! Anyway, I didn't like this movie. Kristen Stewart's acting was less than mediocre, and even with Chris Hemsworth to buffer that, it still wasn't very good. It reminded me a lot of The Brothers Grimm, which is another movie I don't like.

"Twilight" saga. All... four (if I'm not mistaken) movies in one evening. Well, it is obvious that I skipped almost all of the material. Movies for teenage girls, if you ask me. Some nice special effects, some good actors... Just story not for me. Well, I just watched best (I think) parts of each movie. Fighting scenes really, nothing more. So... like 2/10 from me. Werewolves looked cool.

Think you might be spoiling things from the 2nd book. I enjoyed the movie, but I agree that there wasn't enough explanation into Katniss' motivation. All that romance she did was supposed to be a calculated maneuver. They simplified it for the very little ones

The disparity is because the book was written in first person, allowing for the reader to know all the time what Katniss was thinking, what she was doing. Recreating that experience in a movie would require something extra, like a constant voiceover, or Katniss actually, I don't know, saying everything she was thinking out loud, which would make her look insane.

What the movie did instead, to make up for that lack, was offer a wider view of the world of Panem, especially into the Capitol--a view you do not see in the books because it is entirely from Katniss's limited perspective. The books were mostly about Katniss--and even then, by the time you get to the third book, Katniss fully realises that there are things going on in Panem much larger than her and far beyond her control. The movie turns that around. You can see things like the people controlling the games; to get to know more about Seneca and President Snow, even more about the announcer Caesar; to see what was happening in one of the districts (an opportunity you didn't get to see while reading the books). It gives you that broader perspective right from the start.

They're different because they're meant to be different. It's not the best movie ever, but I can understand the choices they made.

And yes, that part about Cinna happens later in the series, not in the first book. What they did leave out was the mayor's daughter, rewriting how Katniss obtained the mockingjay pin entirely.