Bleach

Guest Morpheus

i dont think bleach can get boring it is one of the best anime series out there

AGREED! Bleach is one of the top ranking anime's out there in terms of storyline, plot, and overall success. And there's good reason for that. Bleach is an all-around amazing series that like so many other great ones, has it's lagging moments. Sure, there are slow spots where even the manga is not as fast-moving, but there's always some interesting turn-around that Kubo provides (Exp: Chapter 459).

But I do agree that the fillers are overkill. But one thing I do like about Bleach fillers is how contained they keep them, collecting them into arcs so if you choose to, you can just skip over the entire season(s). And I personally find Bleach fillers to be more entertaining than say...Naruto/Shippuden filllers.

AGREED! Bleach is one of the top ranking anime's out there in terms of storyline, plot, and overall success. And there's good reason for that. Bleach is an all-around amazing series that like so many other great ones, has it's lagging moments. Sure, there are slow spots where even the manga is not as fast-moving, but there's always some interesting turn-around that Kubo provides (Exp: Chapter 459).

But I do agree that the fillers are overkill. But one thing I do like about Bleach fillers is how contained they keep them, collecting them into arcs so if you choose to, you can just skip over the entire season(s). And I personally find Bleach fillers to be more entertaining than say...Naruto/Shippuden filllers.

It's not 'Top ranking' in terms of story line or plot , just because it is popular doesn't make it good.In my opinion Bleach got boring after episode 60+ but I still watched it until the part where

'Aizen dies'

So yeah I just don't like Ichigo and the whole 'I'm going to magically get stronger because I have to thing' The story doesn't interest me at all and it seemed as if they were trying to stretch the whole series with not just filler episodes but also random things that didn't even need to be in the main story.

Fillers are another HUGE problem I mean if there are whole ARCS of fillers there is definitely something wrong.

But then again this is just my own opinion...

It's not 'Top ranking' in terms of story line or plot , just because it is popular doesn't make it good.In my opinion Bleach got boring after episode 60+ but I still watched it until the part where

'Aizen dies'

So yeah I just don't like Ichigo and the whole 'I'm going to magically get stronger because I have to thing' The story doesn't interest me at all and it seemed as if they were trying to stretch the whole series with not just filler episodes but also random things that didn't even need to be in the main story.

Fillers are another HUGE problem I mean if there are whole ARCS of fillers there is definitely something wrong.

But then again this is just my own opinion...

There are certainly anime fans out there who dislike Bleach and fans of Bleach who dislike it at certain points of the series. But whether you find it good or not is really your own opinion. Bleach is a very popular anime. Therefore, the general conses is that it is good or it would not be as popular as it is.

I do agree with you in the fact that Ichigo's strive to power is stretched. It almost seems like there is no limit to his power and he can gain just about any kind with just a little bit of training.

And sure, fillers are an issue I suppose. Bleach apparently has more than the average series. But fillers are created why? When the manga catches up to the anime (or an arc needs finishing before new material is added). The anime has simply caught up to the manga too many times. The amount of filler in Bleach can be easily ignored...

The amount of filler in Bleach can be easily ignored...

Um no it can't. It has over 5x as much filler as One Piece while having only a little over half the amount of episodes over all. While it has 9% more filler than Naruto (and Shippuuden combined) while again still having less episodes.

On top of the fact it's got less episodes but more fillers than any show ever... it also adds filler characters into the canon making it impossible to skip the fillers and know 100% of whats happening. Add to the fact the fillers cut in the middle of canon arcs over and over (even in the exact same arc) because Tite Kubo fails to write a story that can last thus why they eat through so many chapters of manga with still little happening. It's his failed story telling that has lead to the anime catching up, after all he spent years on one arc that should have been completed in a couple months at most.

After you consider all that you then have to think about how Tite Kubo only got to where he is not on his own original ideas but by stealing ideas directly from other more popular and better classics. In the beginning he was turned down by his publisher as cited for 'being too similar, ripping others works'.. and was told to go home and alter it. He did just enough to get it accepted but even still there are tons of elements and story taken from Dragon Ball Z and mostly Yuyu Hakusho.

The only reason Bleach has remained popular is due to blind fanboys and fangirls who just either don't know a good series, or haven't really been a fan of enough anime to really tell how bad the show is. The other watchers are those who enjoyed the show in the beginning, now dislike it, but don't want to drop it because they still have hopes that it will once again someday get back to not being crap.

On top of the fact it's got less episodes but more fillers than any show ever... it also adds filler characters into the canon making it impossible to skip the fillers and know 100% of whats happening. Add to the fact the fillers cut in the middle of canon arcs over and over (even in the exact same arc) because Tite Kubo fails to write a story that can last thus why they eat through so many chapters of manga with still little happening. It's his failed story telling that has lead to the anime catching up, after all he spent years on one arc that should have been completed in a couple months at most.

I don't deny that the fillers are too much. Nor do I deny that Kubo has failed at storytelling in some areas. Bleach has an "overkill" amount of fillers (more than any other show) and it's irritating beyond belief. All I meant is that if you chose to ignore the fillers, it can be done. Other than the introduction of the mod souls in the Bount Arc and a few lesser important characters, filler characters haven't remained in cannon material (only showing up in other filler episodes). You can easily watch only cannon material of "Bleach" and still understand what is going on. You'll just end up waiting for anime material (non-filler) to be produced. And I am not defending that statement. The more cannon material uninterrupted by filler, the better. As for the filler material that cuts right in the middle of cannon material...I agree. It's a complete pain. But this is more an issue of the animation studios rather than Kubo. Season 6 and 7 could have easily been combined by eliminating filler and episode material edited (like anywhere from 2-7 mins of recaps before every episode). Season 8 and 10 the same, thus eliminating an entire filler arc. Though Kubo probably should have taken less time in production of his works, he is not the one who animated a filler season. Animation Studio's should simply put that series on hold until new, cannon material can be made. The same goes for Naruto and One Piece. It has been done for the less popular anime, but because Bleach is among the big-namers who pulls in big money for the companies, it won't.

And I've heard once before that Tite Kubo had "taken" original ideas from other manga as bases in his own. Though I don't know if this is true or not, I'd definitely lose a little respect for him as an author if he based all of Bleach off of other material. If that was the case though, the series would have been pulled off the market long before it even hit publishing. Though I fail to see how this reason makes "Bleach" boring or not...

And again, whether you find Bleach to be a good series or not is due to your own opinion/liking. I do agree with the fact that Bleach as a whole is nowhere as good as it used to be, and that there is better anime/manga and story lines out there, but I still enjoy Bleach and don't find the series overall boring. Personal opinion.

I don't deny that the fillers are too much. Nor do I deny that Kubo has failed at storytelling in some areas. Bleach has an "overkill" amount of fillers (more than any other show) and it's irritating beyond belief. All I meant is that if you chose to ignore the fillers, it can be done. Other than the introduction of the mod souls in the Bount Arc and a few lesser important characters, filler characters haven't remained in cannon material (only showing up in other filler episodes). You can easily watch only cannon material of "Bleach" and still understand what is going on. You'll just end up waiting for anime material (non-filler) to be produced. And I am not defending that statement. The more cannon material uninterrupted by filler, the better. As for the filler material that cuts right in the middle of cannon material...I agree. It's a complete pain. But this is more an issue of the animation studios rather than Kubo. Season 6 and 7 could have easily been combined by eliminating filler and episode material edited (like anywhere from 2-7 mins of recaps before every episode). Season 8 and 10 the same, thus eliminating an entire filler arc. Though Kubo probably should have taken less time in production of his works, he is not the one who animated a filler season. Animation Studio's should simply put that series on hold until new, cannon material can be made. The same goes for Naruto and One Piece. It has been done for the less popular anime, but because Bleach is among the big-namers who pulls in big money for the companies, it won't.

And I've heard once before that Tite Kubo had "taken" original ideas from other manga as bases in his own. Though I don't know if this is true or not, I'd definitely lose a little respect for him as an author if he based all of Bleach off of other material. If that was the case though, the series would have been pulled off the market long before it even hit publishing. Though I fail to see how this reason makes "Bleach" boring or not...

And again, whether you find Bleach to be a good series or not is due to your own opinion/liking. I do agree with the fact that Bleach as a whole is nowhere as good as it used to be, and that there is better anime/manga and story lines out there, but I still enjoy Bleach and don't find the series overall boring. Personal opinion.

I got to say I totally respect you for actually defending the show and given valid reasoning to it. Unlike most Bleach fanboys who simply say 'i <3 bleach it's awesume cuz i saiz so if you no agree i stab u wid ma nife' yeah bad grammar intended.

I got to say I totally respect you for actually defending the show and given valid reasoning to it. Unlike most Bleach fanboys who simply say 'i <3 bleach it's awesume cuz i saiz so if you no agree i stab u wid ma nife' yeah bad grammar intended.

Yeah, you get a lot of those unfortunately. And thank you. The same to you. I respect you for your opinions, and having extremely valid reasoning behind them.

Fillers can have great content if they're done right. They just need to elaborate on aspects already in the canon without actually changing it. See the Muramasa arc for example. This introduced new characters like Muramasa and his master while also giving us an insight into all of the existing character's Zanpakuto spirits.

What the Bount arc did wrong was trying to introduce new characters and a situation that many felt was "tacked on" rather than them feeling natural to the series because there was never any mention of them before. This continued on with the Kasumioji arc, but the current arc has it's own special sort of problems.

The current filler arc is boring simply because we've seen it all before. The Bankais and abilities of the captains are well known to the audience by now and seeing them all again just for the sake of it has just become an exercise in monotony. The only few things it does right is giving us a chance to see the result of certain captains fighting each other and also giving us some more insight into why the captains fight (though this only happens rarely). Giving us insight into how the Mod Souls were created has also been entertaining since it's an expansion on already existing canon.

Once again however the current arc suffers from "tacked on" characters. Kageroza and Nozomi have a decent amount of character development but just make the arc feel lazy because we know these are the only two new characters we're going to see. Meanwhile the rest of the arc is just the same old Bankais, abilities, and personalities we're already overly familiar with.

Filler arcs can be done right, but it takes a fair amount of effort from the writers to find areas of canon that can be elaborated on and then to elaborate on them in an entertaining way.

• Koby unlocked this topic