Favorite Rivals

Nero D. Ace

The duo that encouraged each other to surpass one another, which is your favourite?  

1. 1. The duo that encouraged each other to surpass one another, which is your favourite?

• Goku and Vegeta (DBZ)
    • Naruto and Sasuke (NARUTO)
    • Natsu and Gray (FAIRY TAIL)
    • Ikki and Kazu (AIR GEAR)
    • Lelouch and Suzaku (CODE GEASS)
    • Cloud and Leon? lol (FINAL FANTASIES)
    • Yusuke and Kazuma (YU YU HAKUSHO)
    • this is kiddy, but ... Yusei and Jack (YU GI OH 5DS)
    • Other ...

yup, goku and vegeta were a truly AWESOME pair.

Who could forget that Kamehameha vs. Galick Gun beam struggle that has been replicated in so many games?

And the time they went head to head as super saiyans? that was an EPIC moment as well, even though the fight didn't end.

And don't even get me started on the fusions. I must have seen the episode when Vegito was born 300 times AT LEAST.

For all that, Goku and Vegeta get my vote.

Although, if i HAD to pick another pair, I would go with Naruto and Sasuke in the earlier parts of the anime. After that, the rivalry just went to hell.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The Naruto/Sasuke rivarly in the beginning of "Naruto" really helped to make the series into something great. It pushed the storyline and the characters along and had a real bond that was both created and destroyed to some level. Part 2 of Naruto--while good at having the hate/lost friendship as a backbone--lacks the real intensity Part 1 had between both Sasuke and Naruto. Sasuke became too obsessed with revenge to see much of anything else.

Lelouch and Suzaku's strained relationship is a close second though. They are polar opposites when it comes to the methods of obtaining their dreams and visions, but at the same time they are so similar. Both too intelligent for their own good, with overlying principles and visions for Japan.

• 3 months later...

I knew that Goku vs. Vegeta would be the most voted. After all they Vegeta was always that one step behind Goku it was only near the very final DBZ episode that Vegeta worked out that he would never be as strong as Goku, but they put there best into trying to get one up on each other.

I wanted to see Vegeta at SSJ3 in the anime and for him & Goku to face off, that would have been interesting.

Naruto & Sasuke was going to be my second choice.