Captain_Marvel_poster.jpg

If it's not made clear already, this Captain Marvel is about the MCU movie & character Carol Danvers, not the title Shazam from DC (though he was created by Fawcett Comics before it was absorbed into DC & was called CM for a while) used to have. Moving on...

Captain Marvel is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. Produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, it is intended to be the twenty-first film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). The film is written and directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, with Meg LeFauve, Nicole Perlman, Geneva Robertson-Dworet, Liz Flahive, and Carly Mensch also contributing to the screenplay. Brie Larson stars in the title role, alongside Samuel L. Jackson, Ben Mendelsohn, Djimon Hounsou, Lee Pace, Lashana Lynch, Gemma Chan, Algenis Perez Soto, Rune Temte, Mckenna Grace, Clark Gregg, and Jude Law. 

Plot: Set in the mid-1990s, Captain Marvel follows Carol Danvers, a former military U.S. Air Force fighter pilot, as she turns into one of the galaxy's mightiest heroes and joins Starforce, an elite Kree military team, before returning home with new questions about her past and identity when the Earth is caught in the center of an intergalactic conflict between two alien worlds. 

Release Date: March 8, 2019 (US)

And we got our first trailer today: 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/26/2019 at 5:28 PM, Kid Boruto said:

Anyone else hyped for this movie? Definitely watching opening weekend if I can find someone to take me.

I'm not 'hyped' for it, but I'll definitely watch it. Although it'll probably be when it comes out on iTunes or Blu-ray rather than seeing it in theaters.

I've seen every MCU film thus far.

• Like 1

I hope it's good...though I hope they don't just force though her origin.

Seems like Ms Marvel is going to be written out of this film.
Then again, that's probably not a bad thing given that one of the MS. Marvel's biggest story lines (in the comics) involved her getting brainwashed-raped, birthing her rapist, and then marrying her rapist.

Probably no the kind of thing ya want in the MCU.

While we are gonna see some things about Carol's origin, I don't think the movie will just dwell on it too long. Maybe it'll jump around similarly to the first Deadpool movie where we see what she's doing modern day while rediscovering more of her past with us along for the ride. I'd just hate to see this & Endgame somehow not do as well & cap off Phase 3 of the MCU on a not-so-high-note.

Also, I'm really tired of the Captain Marvel debate between Carol & Shazam.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Antigonius said:

So, basically, Marvel's take on Superman? Fair enough.

Yes , pretty much . Carol Danvers is one of the 6-7 heroes that was Captain Marvel . The first Captain Marvel was actually named Captain Mar-Vell . There is a whole Superman - Shazzam ( the fitst hero who was named Captain Marvel ) and Marvel's Captain Marvel debate . If you have the curiosity...

https://www.newsarama.com/43256-captain-marvel-shazam-name-history.html

Edited by Grundy