Favorite Final Fantasy Battle System?

Koby

Favorite Final Fantasy Battle System?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Final Fantasy Battle System?

• Materia System - Final Fantasy VII
    • Junction System - Final Fantasy VIII
    • Slot System - Final Fantasy IX
    • Sphere Grid System - Final Fantasy X
    • Dressphere System - Final Fantasy X-2
    • Gambit System - Final Fantasy XII

Well I didn't like the Materia System. The Junction System was okay but didn't care for it. The Slot System worked fine but could be improved some, and the Sphere Grid System was alright but it was too easy to over power your character or make another character worthless by adding that persons characteristic moves to another. The Dressphere System while unique, was kind of pathetic. And the Gambit System, I've yet to fully try it out to give my opinion. Therefore I'd have to for now go with the Slot System.

Well I've played them all bar FFXI, and my favourite would have to be the Materia system, although the slot system was good, the Materia system was just a good one for me. You had penalties for having too much materia on, like less hp, but that could be evened out with a HP Plus Materia. <3 It was a nice system.

I had to go with the sphere system because it rids you of all the junctioning of magic or stocking up on it and it allows you to shape a charecter to fit his or her ability. If you complete the grid for each charecter, you have a black/white mage with incrdible strength and speed and strong sterdy defense. It gives you a perfectly well rounded charecter.

I had to go with the sphere system because it rids you of all the junctioning of magic or stocking up on it and it allows you to shape a charecter to fit his or her ability. If you complete the grid for each charecter, you have a black/white mage with incrdible strength and speed and strong sterdy defense. It gives you a perfectly well rounded charecter.

And that can make completely out of character, which is the major downside of the sphere system imo.

Your missing the point, it ruins what that character is, and makes them something they're not. D:

That's one of my reasons for disliking the sphere grid system myself, it's alright and all but, I might try Expert Sphere grid on another file If I make one. I've heard it locks each character to their own grid or something, and keeps them as what they're supposed to be.

Materia system eeeh, you could assign any role to your characters in that but it's generally going to have Cloud using his attacks more than his magic. And Red for some stealing/damage dealing with his attacks. Tifa too. >>;

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I liked the Materia system better. It was very simple to do and understand. The Gambit on FFXII is....BS! The Licenses are simple on it but I don't like the Gambit. The FFX style wasn't too bad either. But the Materia system was great...they should have used them more in the FFVII movie

so far i'd have to go with the materia system, i just like the way that any characters you choose in FFVII can use any spells, summons, add-ons, command, support materia. it just makes the game just that little more flexible and some of my friends don't understand it. i haven't played the gambit system as the game FFXII is not released over here (UK) until later in february. so i may change my opinion once i play it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmm thats a tough one, I didnt really care for FFXII battle sequences, I like the way the old games are done where you are taken off-screen to a battle field. I didn't really care for FFVIII's 'Draw' function mainly because if I used magic that was drawn and equipped it would drain my status and I had to sit around for to long just drawing magic out of enemies...still liked it better than FFXII's though, not really into the real time thing.

So I can't really choose between VII, IX, and X's system, all were great.

Hmm..I should have picked Junction over Sphere..oh well..too late now. Sphere grid got to say that it was very simple to understand. One of the easiest battle system out there too, besides materia. I would have voted for two if I could. Junction was a bit more harder to understand than Sphere Grid, but had it's usefulness.

• 1 month later...

My favorite battle system was the Gambit system in FFXII. I loved not having to hit the x button a million times. I hope they stick with ones like that for the future.