Darkside

Empathy

Finally read chapter 2 and here you had chapter 3 out. So I read them both.

Great story, and excellent writing skills. You and Mae are both great writers.

You shouldn't belittle your talent when others applaud you for it.

Hope you continue to write more!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 4

Icarus starred at Megara, “But….Megara!”

“No arguments Icarus!” She softly sighed, “We knew why he destroyed my family, it’s time.”

Slowly the young female looked at the Cirrus, her eyes sad and haunted; as Icarus started to take steps back, “Please Megara, please!”

Megara turned away from Icarus, as she started to clear the room, pushing the table out of the way, before leaving the room. The young man was trembling as he looked at the pages of the book.

Ut reperio crystal. Voco mihi , accerso mihi three vicis , voco mihi , ego sum cruor , ego sum poena , accerso mihi , quod ego mos ostendo vos ut crystal.

Icarus’ trembling got worse as he was screaming in his head, Megara came back with candles and chalk.

“You can’t do this Megara! Please!” He held the book to his chest tightly, his hands trembling, as he watched the vampiress.

“Hand the codex over now Icarus.”

“NO! I won’t let you do this Megara!” Little crystal droplets fell from his piercing blue eyes, as he starred at the girl he saved all those years ago. “You can’t do this Megara, I’ll stop you!”

The female’s expression softened as she softly whispered, “I have to Icarus….I can’t watch anyone else die for it. Not even you.” With extreme ease she removed the book from his fingers. His strength left him as he crashed to his knees starring into those endless eyes whispering silently, “Please.”

She took the book into the centre of the room and began to draw a small chalk circle. Gently she sat within the circle as the young Cirrus sat there and watched trembling and continuing to cry.

“EGO dico super elementum ut temerarius quod iuvo me.” Slowly she began to chant the circle surrounding her kneeling body lighting up like a bulb.

Icarus tried to run through the circl only to be blasted back thudding into the bookshelves, a few crashing down around him, scattering old yellowed pages across the dusty floor.

“I dico super aer amplexus nos usquequaque quod spiritus vita in totus creatura adveho quod suffragium me.” As she spoke these next words she lit a small bundle of lavender and placed it, in a small earthen bowl, placing it to her right. An eerie wind starting up swirling up the lost pages around her.

“I dico super incendia , plenus of affectus giving nos instinct nobis totus , adveho quod suffragium me.” These next few words she lit a white candle, placing it behind her, the flame flickering as her hair began to swirl around her, the room becoming hotter.

“I dico super unda , frigus nos quod regimen nos , adveho quod suffragium me.” As she slowly placed a small bowl of water to her right there was a soft groan from Icarus. He was slowly using the shelves to pull himself to a standing postion. He screamed against the noise of the wind and the sound of waves, “Stop this Megara!”

“I dico super orbis terrarum , humus nos quod giving nos nostrum nutrition , adveho quod aid.” Finally she tugged the small crystal necklace away from her throat leaving a small bloodied mark on her white throat; placing the small violet flower shape crystal in front of her. A large wave coming from the circle as the vortex became wilder with Megara at its centre. The blast sending Icarus skidding back, as his voice broke whilst he cried against the din. “MEGARA STOP!”

“Thrice EGO dico vos” Megara’s eyes had changed into the colour of quicksilver.

“MEGARA PLEASE”

“Thrice ego narro" The circle’s energy was getting brighter and more powerful with each second. As the young man was crawling to get close. The books flying off their shelves if they were alive.

“MEGARA!”

“Thrice EGO requiro vos temerarius meus lacuna.” With these finally words Megara turned to Icarus, her eyes alien to him now, as she smiled evilly. Flinging her hand out towards him to send him spinning towards the fireplace.

Oh I would so love to get my hands on this and edit it xD

I am not trying to be mean here, but I found it really jumpy to read. Some of the lines were awkward when read loud. Having written god know how many works (most will never be read by anyone but me) I have learned that you have to read aloud to yourself and if it sounds awkward or jumpy it is time to try and fix it.

Don't get me wrong, I know there are parts in mine I still need to fix and I am so not happy with, that is why I am telling you this now >.>

I really am not meaning to cause any offense here, it really is a great story.

Chapter 5

Icarus slammed his back into the bookshelves with an loud thud, crashing to the floor to be swamped by fallen books. Megara slowly stood, her crimson hair swirling within the vortex around her, her eyes with their ice glare starred at the unconscious Cirrus.

The shadows slowly shifted, as glowing scarlet eyes shone through the soft candle light. Soft rasping footsteps moved towards the overwhelming woman. The energy pouring off her form, as her head lazily turned towards the shadow.

Gleaming white shone, perfectly contrasting the black velvet; as a slow malicious laughter echoed around the peculiarly sided room. Her head rested on her shoulder, her eyes relaxed as she starred into the gloom.

The heavy leather bound books began to shift as he started to wake up. He soft groans drowned by the laughter, as he once again tried to pull himself up. The books lay scattered on the floor like bodies, discarded as if they were garbage, while Icarus towered over them like a murderer. The young man slowly shuck his head clear of the fog, blinking away the scarlet fluid that dripped into his eyes from a gash above his eyebrow. Icarus was panting hard, as the blood started to seal his right eye shut.

“Megara…stop…this,” he wheezed, his clear blue eye trying to meet Megara’s, as he slowly moved towards her with difficulty.

Her head slowly moved to meet Icarus’ eyes, as her smile turned feral, those swirling eyes almost like starlight, but shone with a sinster depth. The laughter slowly stopped.

“Oh young Cirrus; the one caster who shall keep the balance of the worlds even, and take on the dark no matter the cost to himself. The last of his kind, as he refuses to let love enter his icy heart, nor let passion cloud his all seeing vision,” a deep echoing voice came from the darkness, as he slowly came into the firelight. His hair bright white and his eyes the colour of fresh blood, his body wrapped in a black cloak. A small smile curved his lips to look like he was a cat who got the cream.

Icarus growled, “Slash. What are you doing here?”

Slash slowly flicked his fringe away from his compelling eyes, as he continued to smile. His soft footsteps walking towards young Megara with effortlessness that Icarus couldn’t find. Megara looked at the man walking towards her with a strange softness, moving within the white circle to be closer.

“Poor Icarus. Always alone…Starring at the world through the glass of his abilities,” Slash now stood just outside the circle, reaching through the vortex to cup her cheek.

Megara’s eyes flickered shut as she began to purr, the man’s smile intensified. His next words spoken with a velvet texture, “She’s mine.”

Chapter 6

Icarus stood frozen amongst the fallen books, starring at Megara as she nuzzled the hand on her cheek. Hi stomach bubbling and his fists clenched.

“Oh look, dear one. The Cirrus is getting mad. Oh whatever should I do?” Slash’s sarcastic voice booming, as Icarus’ had his ears filled with his blood pounding.

“Get away from her,” the young man’s voice was shaking, as was his fists, his tone softened as he addressed Megara, “Please Megara. Come back.”

Megara continued to smile in her lost way, still within the glowing circle, shutting her eyes as she cooed. Slash gently moved his pale lips to her ear and whispered something, his crimson eyes constantly meeting Icarus’.

The ivory haired man continued to stroke the young vampiress’ cheek, “She is no longer listening to you. She is mine. I told you all those years ago; you either take what you want or expect it to be taken from you.”

“Get away from her!”

“Awww, your no fun anymore,” he lovingly stroked her cheek. “If you want her, come and claim her. Or is that against your precious oath?”

Icarus roared, as power encased him in a potent aura. His hand moving to his side as from no where, a large sword was created. The handle made well worn leather, with the hilt moulded to look as if the blade had been grown instead of crafted. The blade shimmered with an unearthly emerald shine, as the ancient runes glowed like rubies. The Cirrus’ face torn between fury and joy, as he felt his power surge through his body, the papers and books flying as if they were birds away from the imposing male.

Slash smiled with pure malevolence, as he drew his hand away from Megara’s cheek, with a spin, he drew his black cloak away from his body, to reveal a black shirt similar to his opponents, but the same black leather trousers and tight boots. His other skeletal hand going to the hilt of the blade sheathed on his back. Slash slowly unsheathed his blade, as sword looked as if it had been carved from the darkness itself. The dark runes gleaming with a dark pulsating energy, as the ivory haired Slash moved to stand opposite the brave Cirrus.

The energy grated against each other, as the males’ eyes made contact showing a burn of power within each of them. The vortex from the circle fading as Slash siphoned off its energy to surround the two warriors within their own energy field.

Megara’s eyes fell shut as her body collapsed to the floor, curled into herself as her breathing become slow and shallow. Icarus’ head turned towards the girl, trying to make his voice heard over the roar of the whirlpool surrounding him and his enemy.

Slash smile was wiped clean, as he flashed to be just in front of his opponent. Icarus barely got his sword up against his chest in time to stop the blow.

“No matter what you do young Icarus. You will always fail,” Slash’s voice barely louder than a whisper.

The blue eyed male pushed his blade up, to push the other warrior away, as he said, “This time it will be you who fails.” His eyes illuminating to be a bright blue.

Chapter 7

The two males faced each other, their blades swung into postion. A whirlwind began to swirl around them taking the papers up so they flew like birds around them.. The remaining books neatly stacked on their shelves trembled as if in fear of the two warriors.

Slash roared as Icarus remained silent charging at each other, the sound of metal against metal rang throughout the mansion. Icarus’ eyes pure electric blue, as he forced Slash back bringing his blade to drive into his opponents belly. The strike hit metal as Slash countered those red glowing eyes spoke of evil. The blades clashed together, meeting each other in pure skill.

“Give up Slash!” Icarus roared over the noise, his blade now glowing white.

“Awww Icarus, don’t you want to play anymore?” Slash showed his teeth making him seem more menacing, “Fine, we’ll end this now!” Slash back flipped towards the circle where the unconscious Megara lay unconscious.

“NO! Leave her out of this!” Icarus ran towards the pair, but not before Slash had ran his blade across her throat.

“You have a choice, either come and kill me…Or save her.” Slash laughed as he faded into the darkness. The vortex slowly died to have the books, fall to the ground with loud thumps.

Icarus dashed towards the circle as the blood began to pool under Megara.

Chapter 8

The blood thick and dark as if a rich red wine. As the iron smell hit Icarus, he skidded to her side, her soft gurgling coughs pulled at his long forgotten heart. His eyes seeping back to normal, but still the same amazing blue colour; throwing his blade to one side with a loud clatter of metal on tiles. The young looking Cirrus loomed over the girl as she fought for breath; “Stay with me Megara, stay with me!”

The vampiress’ eyes slightly opened to show the light violet colour, as her hand slowly reached up to touch Icarus’ cheek. Her voice bubbly, as blood slowly ran down the corner of her lips, her soft cheeks started to look like snow, “Ic-Icarus.”

“Please don’t try to speak….Please stay with me Megara,” He gently moved her head onto his knees, as his knuckles ran down her cheek. The woman’s eyes slowly fading, “NO! Megara stay awake!”

Megara’s eyes shut, her skin like a snowflake; as her chest barely moved with each breath. The man who held her trembled, his powers began to build within his body. The emotions within his heart made it grow heavier, crystal tears rolled down his eyes as he watched her fade.

“NO! Not again! NOT THIS TIME!” Icarus roared, as pure green light exploded from his shaking form. His eyes back to being a pure electric blue, his hands moving with a confidence unlike before. One callused hand went to her heart the other scared, over her throat. Icarus’ lips turned blue as he began to mouth words at an unbelievable speed.

The air around the pair began to pulse as if it were alive. Megara gave a final sigh. Her body limp on Icarus’ lap. The roar of anguish sounded throughout the dark and empty library. As he grabbed his sword, slashing his throat enough to leave a cut. He pulled her limp body into his chest, as his trembling hands pulled Megara’s bluish lips to his bleeding throat, as he began to chant once more, the tears leaving marks on his cheeks.

Every other word he choked on, as he shut his eyes trying to concentrate on his casting. His dark chocolate coloured hair floating over his face and sticking to his wet cheeks. He gasped as he felt as though a cold hand had clenched over his heart. His eyes flew open and he head snapped back. His once blue eyes now bleeding slowly into darkness

Finally got around to reading some more and you had 5 new chapters out since I last read any. You sure are writing chapters pretty quickly. Well I caught up now and read chapter 8.

Each chapter really does end on a great cliff hanger, though I was able to move on to the next chapter right away until the last one since I was so far behind.

I'm not sure what that book was meant to do, but it seemed to do little more than allow Slash to pretty much have her and to upset Icarus. So I hope that more about it gets explained eventually. Unless I just somehow missed what it was suppose to do.

Not really anything to say about what could be fixed or improved, it's already really well done. Just keep posting more, and I'll read them when I am able.