Darkside

Empathy

Chapter 7 Rewrite (I rewrote this chapter and re posted it cos i though it a bit short, with some help from Renzourin. Comment please)

The two males faced each other, their blades swung into postion. A whirlwind began to swirl around them taking the papers up so they flew like birds around them.. The remaining books neatly stacked on their shelves trembled as if in fear of the two warriors.

Slash roared as Icarus remained silent charging at each other, the sound of metal against metal rang throughout the mansion. Icarus’ eyes pure electric blue, as he forced Slash back bringing his blade to drive into his opponents belly. The strike hit metal as Slash countered those red glowing eyes spoke of evil. The blades clashed together, meeting each other in pure skill.

The two men stand there facing each other amidst the whirlwind of their power; their blades bright and they're bodies gleaming with energy.

As Icarus yells to the wind; "I won’t let you hurt her Slash!"

Charging at the other man the young Cirrus pivots just before reaching the ivory haired male, arcing his blade into a spin bringing his sword viciously down upon Slash. He barely had time to block the incoming sword blow before darting backwards to sneer at Icarus; "Are you going to protect the girl boy?"

He charges at Icarus, bringing his blade hard in a wide horizontal arc. Icarus parrying with ease as blades’ energy crackling off each other like sparks from flint as the two men stare each other down.

Slash begins the second charge; first bringing his blade in a strong powerful arc that extends horizontally. As Icarus charges towards him at the same moment spinning into his own arc but as he observes Slash's movement he drops his spin lower to duck under Slash's attack. Icarus then making his own attack throwing Slash's blade out of position; the Cirrus slides his sword wetly across his enemy’s stomach in a blow that would've disembowelled any normal man left him only bleeding heavily.

Slash leaps backward to avoid another critical blow from Icarus. The brown haired male comes out of his spin with the glint of death in his eye as his voice a mere whisper as he says "Die."

Swinging the blade from high aloft in a single movement downwards; a blast of energy travels along the ground and smashes Slash into the bookcases, several books landing across the floor. Slowly he grunts getting to his feet, while Icarus charges towards him. Slash raises his sword high bringing it downwards fast like a whips, cutting through Icarus’ face and neck, roaring in triumph. His sense of victor fleeting as the image of Icarus disappearing before his eyes, his eyes slowly widening as he feels a presence behind him. Pivoting to meet Icarus’ eyes, before feeling the blade miss him as he dodges the blow, unable to miss the next as it connects with the crimson eyed man’s shoulder; leaving a deep bloody gash showing the white bone of his shoulder.

“Give up Slash!” Icarus roared over the noise of the vortex, his blade now glowing white.

Slash cries in pain holding his injured shoulder as realisation comes to him making desperate gamble flash stepping to Megara’s side. Instantly before Icarus can react slashing her throat wide open he grins as her life’s essence drenches the tiles

“What now? Chase me and leave her to die or ket me escape and attempt to save her pathetic life?”

“I’ll get you. I promise!” Icarus yells at the fading Slash as his laughter echoes around the room.

Icarus dashed towards the circle as the blood began to pool under Megara.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, well some errors I would gladly fix if asked but other then that it is once more a good read.

I have enjoyed the twists and turns you have had so far in your story, and unlike others I have read or written myself it does not change in pace, you have a steady exciting pace here, Keep it up ^.^

Mae wants More! =D

P.S the rewrite for 7 was good, that is the one I want to get my little fingers on the most ^.^

Chapter 9

A choking gasp filled the air. Megara’s eyes slowly fluttered open with a soft groan.

“Shhhhh. Shhh. Megara, I need you to stay still and let me work,” Icarus’ voice soft but stern, as his fingers slowly brushed her scarred skin. The skin slowly knitting together as the girl whimpered in pain, her eyes remaining shut. The only reminder of the terrible attack was a thin white line along her throat.

Gently as he could he lifted Megara into his arms, laying her carefully onto the table as if she were crystal. As he slowly scanned the room for any trace of Slash, his eyes drawn to the broken circle on the floor.

His soft footsteps reverberated off the bookshelves, as the silence now was suffocating. The books lay scattered like the dead on the floor, the pages that had come loose looking like ghosts on the dust floor. Gradually he drew nearer to the chalk markings, as Icarus crouched he noticed something was wrong. The black book was gone.

“Damn it…” his voice almost silent as he scanned the room, while on the inside he berated himself for his stupidity.

“Icarus,” her soft voice floated over to him, as she steadily sat up, her crimson hair covering her porcelain face, as she spoke again, “He took the book hasn’t he?”

“Yes Megara, he took the book. Why did he want it so badly?” Icarus’ voice stern.

“That book….” She soft sighed, before bringing her white hand to her face, “Has the whole history of my kind, my family and how to find the Immortal Crystal.”

“THE Immortal Crystal? The one source in this world that can change the balance! Why have you kept this to yourself Megara!” Icarus’ voice full of astonishment, as this crystal was a possession many had died for and it had been under his nose for decades.

“Because as part of Darkside it was my duty and an honor to protect it and now….Now one of the most dangerous men of all time now has it. If Slash finds it before we do, then it would have been better for you to let me die Cirrus.” Megara’s voice grave, as she moved her hair back to show those incrediably clear violet eyes.

“Oh Megara….” He whispered, before shaking his head, “So what do we do?”

Chapter 10

Icarus slowly stands to look at the young vampires with the heavy burden on her shoulders. He had heard of the Immortal Crystal as a young boy, it gave it’s holder immortality but also power over others. The thought of it being in the hands of Slash made him shiver with regret in letting him go so easily.

Megara slowly slipped from the table, crashing to her knees. The Cirrus dashed forward to help her up, “Megara you need more blood,” he softly whispered in her ear, lifting his wrist to her lips.

Roughly she pushed his arm away, unsteadily moving out of his arms. “I will drink when I need to!”

She crashed to her knees trembling, her arms tight around her body as she attempted to get back to her feet. Icarus moved to help only to have his hand slapped away. Gradually she got to her feet, as she said, “Go Icarus. Get out of this mansion!”

“Megara, you need me to help you!” Icarus implored to the girl his heart getting heavier within his chest. Something was not right, his skin felt too tight.

“I told you to go Icarus!” Megara didn’t look at him, as she stumbled away from the library.

He trembled, he stomach churned madly as though it was full of acid. His skin covered in goosebumps and a thin layer of sweat. He crashed into the table smashing it into splinters.

Megara heard the crash and slowly creeped back in. He was on the floor writhing and convulsing, as though he were under attack from an invisible force. He began to scream, sending chills down her spine. The sound seemed to rip out his throat from the agony.

She slowly moved to touch his shoulder, when he stopped altogether. The silence overbearing, but all she could hear was the blood rushing in her ears. Her voice unsteady as she whispered, “Icarus?”

His eyes snapped open, as all the eye was the colour of tar. A cruel smile spread across his lips, as his tongue darted across his lips; as an animalistic growl emitted from his throat. Megara fell back and began to crawl rapidly towards the door. Icarus easily got to his feet and was upon her before she could reach the remnants of the table. Those pitiless eyes staring into her lavender ones, as he took a sniff and growled. “Mmmmmmm….Food.”

hey guys this is the last chapter I'm writing as I'm going away next week. If your thinking of bugging Ren to find out.....Well he knows nothing. He's reading this at the same time as you guys. Hope you guys enjoyed the story up till now. Empathy

WOW O.o I have missed so much!! you do a great job at drawing people back and the past few chapters where great so I can't wait to start on the ones I have not yet read.

Edit1: Slash= Bad@$$!!!! got to love to hate him!

Edit 2: EPIC BATTLE!!!! short chapter 7 but still just as great! and Megara!!! is she!? or? ah!*back to reading*

Edit 3: Chapter 7 Rewrite was just the thing I was looking for! don't get me wrong, the first one was great but I like the changes you made, also have to feel bad for Icarus, he is trying so hard!!! :'(

Edit 4: wow..... all cought up now and just wow...... *rubs eyes from reading so much* Will make sure NOT to miss the next chapters

Chapter 11

Icarus loomed over the trapped Megara. Her fear shinning on her cheeks and glowing in her wide eyes. He slowly licked the sickly sweet sweat running down her exposed throat. Her pulse thundering against his hot tongue. His eyes boring their darkness into hers.

She slowly curled her legs up into her body. Icarus totally entraced by the feel of her racing pulse against his lips. forgotten was his cool calm deamnear, replaced with bloodlust and anger so potent that his very blood felt like magma.

She knew she only had one chance at this, if she should fail…. No one would appose Slash.

Throwing he muscles in her legs against his body she surprised him, throwing his form away from her giving her the precious seconds she needed to escape the library.

The adrenaline now pumping through her body, her mind swirling trying to make sense in the fog of fear. Before she could think she was half way down the staircase. Then she heard it. The howl. Echoing hunger and need.

Jumping off the banister she vaulted the staircase landing, dropping to her knees. Her legs jarred from the impact, they screamed in agony. Stumbling across the hallway. The snarling loud now, ending cold sweat down her back.

It was her fault. Why did he get so close? If she hadn’t of bit him. Shaking her head sternly speaking to herself inside her head; survive now, think of Icarus later.

The bellow alerted her as she spun. His aura a pulsing black as saliva ran down his chin. He howled once more before leaping down to her.

Chapter 12

She ran. Heading towards the right. Her mind trying to think lost in the tendrils of her fear. Icarus was right behind her slobbering and snarling.

Pots and pans clattering to the floor as she ran through the kitchen. The discarded pans slowing him down slightly. Her ears deafened to all but the cry of Icarus, the sound between that of a bloodhound and that of a man.

Trumbling through the backdoor. Slamming it behind her. The door rattling from te beast that once was Cirrus Icarus as he attempted to escape the house. An old panel of wood lay amongst the clutter of the garden. It used to be part of the shed. It lay just out of her reach almost hidden under the overgrown grass.

Her chest heaving as she gasped like a revived drowned victim. Keeping one hand firmly secured to the door she stretched towards the wood.

Her fingers barely scraping against the very edge.

The howling now high pitched as she used the tips of her right boot to draw the wood closer. Her eyes squeezed shut as she sliently weeped and prayed. The door violently shaking and banging within its frame.

She felt a soft thud against her left boot. She got it! Bending to grab the wood the door shifted. It was not going to hold much longer. Her strength that of a babe compared to his. She slammed the wood, once in her grip, into place under the handle wedging the door into place. Slowly backing away she saw the door trembling.

“Sorry…so sorry….” The tears dripping to the ground. She ran to the front of the mansion.

She saw it Icarus’ most prize possession his sleek black GSX 1300R. Black and shiny, its wheels large and midnight like the smooth body, with 1340cc engine, it was fast. It’s why Icarus had got it, he lived for speed. Throwing her leg over the large sleek midnight body. She twisted the key, the machine growled beneath her like a trapped beast, as she kicked the stand off. Slowly she squeezed the throttle, sending the bike into a three hundred and sixty spin.

The powerful snap of the wood going followed by a bellow. The wild beast shaped like a man that once was Icarus came charging towards her.

Letting go of the brake, the bike was pulled up onto to its back tire as it sped. Crashing through the iron wrought gates, snapping them like twigs.

Chapter 13

The bike between her leather clad thighs growled like the beast she left behind. Her tears rolled hotly down her cheeks no longer knowing if it was from the guilt or from the wind blasting her eyes, as her flame like hair flew in the wind.

The darkness slowly changed as her mind drained into memory The first time she met the young Cirrus. Her lips were at a cut he had gorged into his throat, his arm tightly around her whispering softly, “Don’t me a liar little one. Stay here…Come away from the dark.”

Those endless crystal luminous eyes were what struck her first, glowing in the dark of the ruined ballroom. His callused hands soothing the tears from her cheeks as he realised she was awake, whispering, “It okay M’lady..It’s going to be okay.”

He arms pulling her into his body protecting her as her mind finally caught up. What once was her whole life came crashing down upon her, her body trembled as her eyes went to the other side of his throat. Icarus just held the young vampiress, feeling her mourning as he rocked and murmered nonsense into her ruby hair.

“My name is Icarus…..I’m sorry I wasn’t here to save them,” the young strangers voice full of mourning, but the deepness shocked and somehow soothed her. “I made a vow to proctect you Megara….”

Megara snapped to her senses, growling like the machine, “Snap out of it….He’s not here now get a hold of yourself and get to Godshill.”

Rearing the beast of a machine she revved the engine seding it racing into the gloom.

Chapter 14

Angels Meadow. It was a quaint little village. All the cottages had large thatched roofs and all the roads were narrow lanes. Perfect if you were riding a bike. All those tight bends. The village was silent and the windows dark. Dawn was two hours away.

Megara slowed the bike down so it purred beneath her. The house she was looking for was in the village centre. Well it wasn’t a cottage more like a small shop owned by an old friend of the family.

The people of the village, didn’t know that their village was home to some of the most dangerous supernatural beings in the world. It was said that the first inhabitants of the village were two fallen angels, and they built their house in the centre of the meadow. The remains of the house still stood there today, burnt out, making it a tourist spot; not if many of the current residents minded it.

Slowly Megara rolled the bike around to the back of a smaller house, in front stood two tables and against the side a folded advertisement. Selene’s Fortunes! Come have your future revealed.

Mortals, Megara thought, No matter how long they remain they still wish to know what happens after death.

Slowly switching the bike off and propping it up on it stand with a soft click. The vampires moved to the front door. Softly tapping on the door, she knew that Selene would be asleep, but she had no where else to go at this point.

• 3 weeks later...

oooooooooooooohhhh

nice story empathy seriously, the detail you put in your stories is amazing.

Seriously it's like I'm there sure there is the occasional bad grammar but I can look past that quite easily considering my grammar is 10x worse.

1 thing I like about stories is that if it's a brilliant t story it brings me into the world that it's set in, and your does that excellently and with ease, please bring out more.

1 thing I did notice while reading this is that 1 of the best bands to listen to while reading this is apocalyptica (there a rock orchestrated band, really unique) .