Official Vent Thread

Arian

I can't get past the loading screen for MEGA, any suggestions? I restarted my router and cleared my cookies and all that crap it's working now restarting my laptop got it to work.

Edit: aaaaand I can't get past the loading screen again, first they double charge me for the month and now they won't even let me use the service, fucking wow dude

Edited by DabDeity710

3 hours ago, DabDeity710 said:

I can't get past the loading screen for MEGA, any suggestions? I restarted my router and cleared my cookies and all that crap it's working now restarting my laptop got it to work.

Edit: aaaaand I can't get past the loading screen again, first they double charge me for the month and now they won't even let me use the service, fucking wow dude

Damn, that sucks dude. On a positive note, I paid for a Pro account a little over a week ago and just the other day it started saying I have 4TB of bandwidth this month instead of 2TB. 

So it looks like they took from you and gave to me. xD

Let me know if you run out of bandwidth and I'll let you leach off of my account some, there's no way I'm going to chew through that in the next 20 days.

14 hours ago, Loyal Wolf said:

Koby will return my donator status when he has a next moment free he told me.

Yay! Jumping cats everywhere celebrate!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

Damn, that sucks dude. On a positive note, I paid for a Pro account a little over a week ago and just the other day it started saying I have 4TB of bandwidth this month instead of 2TB. 

So it looks like they took from you and gave to me. xD

They ended up giving me 4tb instead of 2tb, but I don't need it. I was happy with my 2. I'm afraid to downgrade my plan in fear of them switching me to 1tb cuz while I don't need 4tb I do need 2tb cuz it says I'm still Pro I despite charging me for Pro II and giving me the transfer/upload space of Pro II

4 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

They ended up giving me 4tb instead of 2tb, but I don't need it. I was happy with my 2. I'm afraid to downgrade my plan in fear of them switching me to 1tb cuz while I don't need 4tb I do need 2tb cuz it says I'm still Pro I despite charging me for Pro II and giving me the transfer/upload space of Pro II

I'll have to check the website later, maybe they're changing their product stack to attract more customers or something.

Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't mind paying a few bucks a month to not have to deal with download caps. Personally, I have better things to do with my time than mess around with download managers and swapping IP's to try and circumvent the limitations, and getting corrupted downloads half the time as a result. I need to be able to start up a 5-50GB download and just walk away, that's worth 5-10 bones a month, to me anyways.

9 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't mind paying a few bucks a month to not have to deal with download caps. Personally, I have better things to do with my time than mess around with download managers and swapping IP's to try and circumvent the limitations, and getting corrupted downloads half the time as a result. I need to be able to start up a 5-50GB download and just walk away, that's worth 5-10 bones a month, to me anyways.

At first I was like pay??? Isn't the point of piracy to NOT pay? But the more I found myself investing in hard drive space the more I realized how stupid that statement was. I also had subscriptions to other streaming services that were about $5-10 a month, so I figured why not just cancel them all and get a paid mega account instead? Excellent decision, and that's coming from the emperor of terrible decisions;)

20 minutes ago, Loyal Wolf said:

I am not getting corrupted files, and know a lot of people that download by switching IP. Really strange that you have this problem. You are scaring me with this message.

I've never had that problem actually because I have never used one. Half the time is an exaggeration, but it happens.  I've read multiple older comments when I first showed up here of people complaining that this episode or that movie was messed up and the uploader needed to fix it, and then they eventually become aware that it was JDownloader or Mega Downloader corrupting their file. 

Just because the file plays at first doesn't mean everything is good unfortunately. I had someone list something like 6 episodes in my Scooby Doo Show thread that stopped about 2/3rds of the way through. I asked them to check CRC32's I provided and maybe try downloading without using a download manager, but they never responded if that resolved their issue though.

If someone doesn't provide a checksum of some kind then the only way to verify that what you downloaded is exactly what they have is to watch and listen very closely to see/hear if there are any corrupted video/audio frames. Even then, you could miss a corrupted video frame just by blinking or looking away for a second. It's a giant pain in the ass. There's no excuse not to offer a checksum of some kind so other's can verify their download. 

I'm extremely grateful to everyone sharing in the Cartoon forums, but they seriously need to start providing a way to verify downloads. The anime forums here know what's up though, 99% of what's shared there has checksums provided.

Edited by ThePJzer
Apparently I type in Engrish today

@ThePJzer That is why I always share in RARs. Also solves that problem. Checksum is also great. I just find RARs the most trustworthy because of the password and encryption option.

JDownloader has a CRC check option that is not enabled when you initially install it. Everyone should enable that. I never seem to get corrupted files *knocks on wood*

I would like to get a MEGA account as well but the download limit annoys me. To be honest, the 1TB is gone in like a week with me. And 2TB is not that much either. And paying 20 euro is just crazy business. And I also have a usenet account and a seedbox which is damn expensive.

Edited by Loyal Wolf

10 minutes ago, Loyal Wolf said:

JDownloader has a CRC check option that is not enabled when you initially install it. Everyone should enable that. I never seem to get corrupted files *knocks on wood*

I've never used JDownloader, but I'm pretty sure that function only works if the file includes a CRC32 checksum in the file name. If a CRC32 value isn't provided with the file, then how will JDownloader be able to verify file integrity with one? ;)

10 minutes ago, Loyal Wolf said:

That is why I always share in RARs.

That's definitely an improvement compared to not having a checksum for the file, since it will usually fail when unpacking the  .rar if it's corrupted in some way. However, I still would prefer a checksum be generated for the file itself before being packed up in a .rar file. I'm sure it's exceedingly rare, but if the file gets corrupted during .rar packing, then it will extract fine even though the file contained inside is corrupted. I honestly have no idea how often something like that happens, but I could see it happening if someones computer is somewhat unstable due to a bad stick of RAM or a dying CPU, which will cause all kinds of data errors.

Edited by ThePJzer

15 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

I've never used JDownloader, but I'm pretty sure that function only works if the file includes a CRC32 checksum in the file name. If a CRC32 value isn't provided with the file, then how will JDownloader be able to verify file integrity with one? ;)

When I download something, whenever it finishes, it says that it checks it. I am not the maker of the program so I honestly don't know.

From what you are saying I should stop downloading like this because it is an amazingly untrustworthy way of downloading. Torrents or usenet can be trusted way more it seems. Feel like I am going to run into corrupt files a lot in the future and then it's hoping they are still on here. I download a lot to watch later so I am in for a lot of surprises then.

24 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

That's definitely an improvement compared to not having a checksum for the file, since it will usually fail when unpacking the  .rar if it's corrupted in some way. However, I still would prefer a checksum be generated for the file itself before being packed up in a .rar file. I'm sure it's exceedingly rare, but if the file gets corrupted during .rar packing, then it will extract fine even though the file contained inside is corrupted. I honestly have no idea how often something like that happens, but I could see it happening if someones computer is somewhat unstable due to a bad stick of RAM or a dying CPU, which will cause all kinds of data errors.

Have to look into how to make a checksum, don't even know how to :embarrassed:

1 hour ago, Loyal Wolf said:

When I download something, whenever it finishes, it says that it checks it. I am not the maker of the program so I honestly don't know.

I did a quick search and couldn't find any specifics on it, maybe I'll download it later to satisfy my curiosity. I will say this though, if the file name doesn't have a CRC32 value in it, and no .sfv file or .txt file is available with the checksum for that file, then JDownloader has nothing to compare it's calculated CRC32 value against, so it has no idea if the file is corrupted or not.

It'd be like me coming up with a random address and saying "I think this is where you live", but I have no idea if I'm right because you never gave me your address, so I have nothing to compare my address against.

Torrents or usenet can be trusted way more

When a torrent file is created it has checksums for each chunk of data which is verified in the background unbeknownst to the user, which is what the "recheck" options uses if you've ever done that. Once you move that data somewhere else, like another hard drive or storage device, it's free game to become corrupted.

I've never been on usenet so can't speak to that. 

From what you are saying I should stop downloading like this because it is an amazingly untrustworthy way of downloading. Torrents or usenet can be trusted way more it seems. Feel like I am going to run into corrupt files a lot in the future and then it's hoping they are still on here. I download a lot to watch later so I am in for a lot of surprises then.

Hey man, I'm not trying to put the fear in you or anything, I mean, what choice do you really have when what you want is available from a DDL and there's no checksums provided. Even if you're using a paid Mega account and not using a download manager it's a roll of the dice. I recently helped this guy out who kept getting a corrupt download, can you guess what the problem was?

I'm in the same boat as you in that I am currently acquiring must faster than I am consuming, for this very reason I am extremely grateful to those who provide checksums, this at least lets me know that what I have is identical to what they have on their computer. If there is an issue with the file, it came like that from the source and can hopefully be fixed. Checksums can save the uploader and downloader time and bandwidth because it can be quickly determined if it's a download issue or a source issue.

Have to look into how to make a checksum, don't even know how to :embarrassed:

CRC32 is the most widely used for video/audio files. It perfectly suited for this kind of content, and it scans relatively fast. I like RapidCRC because it can batch scan files and will check the file name for the calculated CRC32 value, if it matches then it displays that the file is ok. You can also scan files with no CRC value and have it add them to the file names automatically which is a huge time saver. 

If you have files with no checksums but you know they are good since you've reviewed them then go ahead and create CRC32 values for them. Going forward you will have a way to verify their integrity when migrating data to a new hard drive, or others can verify their downloads if you share them with someone.

Check out the spoiler for a Rapid CRC how to I put together. Super easy. :D

Download - http://rapidcrc.sourceforge.net/

Spoiler

How To Use RapidCRC

CRC1.png

1. Start RapidCRC and go to Options.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CRC2.png

2. Under Algorithms only have checked CRC32.

3. Under General only have checked Display calculated CRC in ListView

4. Under File Creation only have checked Create WinSFV-compatible SFV files.

5. Click OK

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CRC3.png

6. Drag and drop the files you want to calculate checksums for into the program window. The scan will automatically start.

7. CRC column displays calculated CRC value. RapidCRC will check to see if the calculated CRC value is listed in the file name, if it matches, Info column will display File OK.

8. If there is no CRC in the file name, Info column will display No CRC Found.

9. Under the Action section on the main window, you can click Go next to Put CRC into Filename and the program will automatically add the calculated CRC values to the file names. (This is optional, but convenient) 

10. Under the Action section on the main window, you can click Go next to Create SFV file, and it will generate the file and by default save it in the folder that the scanned files are located in. (This is nice if you don't want CRC checksums in your file names)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRC4.png

11. The SFV file can be opened with Notepad. The calculated checksums are listed just to the right of the filenames that were scanned.

12. You can upload this file, or copy paste the text with the CRC checksums to a location of your choice.

13. Now you rock because no none has to worry about possibly having corrupted files that they have downloaded from you.

Edited by ThePJzer
Add download link for RapidCRC

@ThePJzer MegaDownloader is known to corrupt files for some people, I even have my own topic about it right here on Kametsu ;)

You are comparing apples with oranges, you should not do that. JDownloader 2 is not MegaDownloader. Some people have problems with a downloader, does not mean everyone has them. You are creating fear and you really shouldn't. When I placed a message saying MegaDownloader was corrupting files @Moodkiller was also terribly afraid his downloads were corrupt, in the end, it was my configuration and some people just have that problem, not all people. He is using MegaDownloader with much satisfaction. I am using JDownloader 2 with great satisfaction and see TONS of people that do online. You always have people with problems, nothing is 100% safe or perfect for every configuration.

Have also watched MANY episodes recently without any problems at all. Not even a stutter or whatever *knocks on wood*.

Thanks for the CRC tutorial, will check it out. Looks easy enough.

I always say, love your computers, my babies! Lube them, massage them a little, ooh baby, sexiness is too much to handle, all those nuts and bolts, damn!!! :beauty::embarrassed: (for people that think I am serious, I am joking)

I need to make a USB drive for my mom with Windows on it to install it but this freaking program just doesn't want to continue. All over the internet it says I have to do this but the program doesn't work for me. And there isn't anything else I can do. Unbelievable!

Come on Winnie! Think boi! Think! What can it be!

Edit: I know!

101095518-135165692.530x298.jpg?v=138124

Problem solved!

Edited by Loyal Wolf

18 minutes ago, Loyal Wolf said:

You are creating fear and you really shouldn't.

Well, I said I wasn't trying to put the fear in you, and I'm not trying to put the fear in anyone else either. I was simply saying that it would be beneficial to have checksums available from more uploaders in the cartoon forum.  

Not sure why it's being implied that I'm being a fear monger for suggesting something that would benefit everyone. That's a bit unfair, it's not like I'm in here spamming to everyone "all your downloads will be corrupted!". 

You made an inquery and I implied in an informative and matter of fact manner.

26 minutes ago, Loyal Wolf said:

You are comparing apples with oranges, you should not do that. JDownloader 2 is not MegaDownloader.

Well, they are both download managers for DDL's are they not? That makes them both apples, with one apple being better than the other. I've seen people having issues with JDownloader2, as well as using Megasync and downloading through their browser. As you said, it's just a thing that happens sometimes.

Anyways, Im glad that you and your friends had not had any issues. Still doesn't change the fact that checksums being provided is a benificial thing, and only takes minutes for a user to create before uploading their files.

8 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

Well, I said I wasn't trying to put the fear in you, and I'm not trying to put the fear in anyone else either. I was simply saying that it would be beneficial to have checksums available from more uploaders in the cartoon forum.  

Not sure why it's being implied that I'm being a fear monger for suggesting something that would benefit everyone. That's a bit unfair, it's not like I'm in here spamming to everyone "all your downloads will be corrupted!". 

You made an inquery and I implied in an informative and matter of fact manner.

I never inquired anything, just commented and you answered.

You forgot your first message:

3 hours ago, ThePJzer said:

and getting corrupted downloads half the time as a result.

This statement is false and an exaggeration and was not necessary. That was what I was referring to. It creates fear because it did with me and if others read it, it would probably also with them. You later state it was exaggeration and it never happening to you, making the point even worse.

The story about the 6 Scooby-Doo! episodes was a bit spreading fear. Because you can never know if it hits you...

The MegaDownloader story was also spreading fear, people that use it are like, WTF!

Then you start about that all files are susceptible to corruption if moved after checking. Paranoia level through the roof. You are right but the chances are so incredibly slim of that happening and you still mention it. I know how it works but people that aren't as computer savvy are like, what the hell is going on?

It surprised me you forgot to mention that you can checksum corrupt files. Where did the person that is check-summing get the files? Are they good? You can go on and on. It never stops. You just put the fear in a lot of people with this.

But I don't want to start an argument, just stating my opinion and my opinion is not a fact but an opinion. It's all about the message and how it is told.

21 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

Well, they are both download managers for DDL's are they not? That makes them both apples, with one apple being better than the other. I've seen people having issues with JDownloader2, as well as using Megasync and downloading through their browser. As you said, it's just a thing that happens sometimes.

Mac is not Windows, they are operating systems but not the same. I call that comparing apples with oranges. You have a different opinion and you are entitled to it. But do I need to say that apples and oranges are both fruit...

26 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

Still doesn't change the fact that checksums being provided is a benificial thing, and only takes minutes for a user to create before uploading their files.

You are correct, like I said before, checksums should be added to all shares. We share the same opinion in that. Otherwise I wouldn't have said I would look into the checksum making and thank you for the tutorial.

I respect you a lot, and you know that, this just did not go right. But you obviously do not agree with me. So let's just drop it and as gentleman forget about it. I don't need to be right, you don't seem to me like the kind of man to need to have the last word and who needs to be right. Anyway, I will not continue with this discussion anymore and stop here.

Or else! I will let Batman let Scarecrow out of Arkham Asylum after you and put some real fear in you. Right @DabDeity710? :big_smile: