Official Vent Thread

Arian

@Loyal Wolf Is @ThePJzer messing with you?  That felonious fiend. First he takes attention away from me in my own dojo of whining and complaining known as the vent thread with this alien language he calls "checksums" and now he's bothering you too?

C80YBZZWsAAPh0l.jpg

I'll have to run this information through the bat computer right away

Edited by DabDeity710
  • Like 1

Don't you see Batman, he is the Riddler. It isn't alien language, they are riddles. He is plotting to spread fear all over the world! What ever shall we do!

*Screaming women in the background*

I hope the Anti-Crime Computer can decrypt that message. Or else, we are all doomed!

THE HORROR!!!! THE HORROR!!!!!

Next episode on Batman and the Crazy Fearful Wolf (cough and Robin too)

• Like 1

Of course, Riddler! He'd just love to convince himself that he actually is my most feared nemesis and not simply an afterthought, that is if he hasn't already. Ahh yes, Harley's Hyena's, they will be quite helpful in our crusade.

Cdo_vqAWIAEd64C.jpg

What's this...hold on...I think the batcomputer's found something: Hmmmmmmm, "when is a door is a not a door?"

• Like 1

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-animated-batman-and-harley-quinn-movie-is-getting-i-1796645402

This is some of the greatest news I've heard in some time. First Bruce Timm returns to DC Animated with a project he's heavily involved in, not just simply overlooking, a project that is Batman TAS as it gets and now this. Lord have mercy. The same team that did the Batman TAS comic series is doing this comic as well. So exciting. Wait, this is the vent thread, what the hell am I doing celebrating excellent news and spreading joy. I'm supposed to be bitching and complaining. Oh yea, this movie doesn't come out for another month. WHAT??? A WHOLE FUCKING MONTH???? 

batmanangry.jpg

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Loyal Wolf said:
5 hours ago, ThePJzer said:

and getting corrupted downloads half the time as a result.

This statement is false and an exaggeration and was not necessary. That was what I was referring to. It creates fear because it did with me and if others read it, it would probably also with them. You later state it was exaggeration and it never happening to you, making the point even worse.

Just because I made a statement that files can get corrupted during downloading and it scared you, does not mean that I'm intending to scare anyone or saying that it is a rampant problem with a high probability of happening. Like you said I recanted that "shot from the hip" statement immediately afterwards. I've read enough posts around here from people having issues with download managers that I just threw a number out there, it was not intended to be a global statement so stop treating it as such. 

I exaggerated in the spur of the moment, you've never done that before? Every statement after this one was factual and not exaggerated, but your treating them all as exaggerated statements when they are nothing of the sort. 

48 minutes ago, Loyal Wolf said:

The story about the 6 Scooby-Doo! episodes was a bit spreading fear. Because you can never know if it hits you...

This is me merely providing a recent example to show that it can and does sometimes happen to people on occasion, nothing more. Just because you perceived it as fear spreading doesn't mean that's what it's true intention was, regardless of whether it scared you or not. Have you considered that?

49 minutes ago, Loyal Wolf said:

The MegaDownloader story was also spreading fear, people that use it are like, WTF!

Again, just another example that it happens sometimes. People are like WTF? Is there some large ongoing discussion going on somewhere else about me just mentioning that this can happen and providing examples?

And please, enough with the "spreading fear" stuff. People occasionally getting corrupted downloads is nothing new, and you said yourself that you made a thread regarding corrupted downloads, so why are you responding to me like this? I'm scaring you with information about something you already know about?

If I wanted to spread fear, I would make a thread about it and fill it with fear inducing statements like "Happening to Everyone",  "Massive Downloads Corrupted", "You Should Be Worried", "DDL's Are Unreliable" ect.

But I didn't do that or say anything like that to you, did I? You took a statement regarding potential file corruption, which was said with good intentions by the way, and blew it way out of proportion in your own head. With all do respect, that is not my fault, and I'm not to blame for you perceiving it that way. 

1 hour ago, Loyal Wolf said:

Then you start about that all files are susceptible to corruption if moved after checking. Paranoia level through the roof. You are right but the chances are so incredibly slim of that happening and you still mention it.

Why are you getting so upset with me over stating something that is factual, and that you agree with? Is the chance small, yes. Can it happen, yes. Was this statement made to scare you, no.

I have some very old files that will be difficult if not impossible to replace. If I want to check file integrity after migrating 4TB of data from an older drive to a new one before deleting the data from the old drive what's wrong with that? It's better than ending up with some corrupt files because I thought the chance was so small I shouldn't bother. Hardly paranoia, more like playing it safe with important data.

I know how it works but people that aren't as computer savvy are like, what the hell is going on?

What people? If someone else is reading this they haven't chimed in.

It surprised me you forgot to mention that you can checksum corrupt files. Where did the person that is check-summing get the files? Are they good? You can go on and on. It never stops. 

I'm sorry, you say you don't want to argue but this feels like an angry attack from you towards my intelligence, with the intention of provoking me. I said that if a CRC checks out and there are still issues then there is a problem with the source the file was obtained from, same difference. I never said that a checksum is a guarantee that there are no issues with a file, just that it's guaranteed to be a good download.

3 hours ago, ThePJzer said:

I'm in the same boat as you in that I am currently acquiring must faster than I am consuming, for this very reason I am extremely grateful to those who provide checksums, this at least lets me know that what I have is identical to what they have on their computer. If there is an issue with the file, it came like that from the source and can hopefully be fixed. Checksums can save the uploader and downloader time and bandwidth because it can be quickly determined if it's a download issue or a source issue.

You just put the fear in a lot of people with this.

I know anyone can read this thread, but who are all these people? You're the only one involved in this conversation with me that I'm aware of. No one else has made their presence known here or posted anything regarding their discontent for my comments.

In fact, You, me, and Dabdiety are the only recent people who have browsed this page. If you went and started a conversation somewhere regarding serious issues with DDL corruption based on my comments then you're the one putting the fear in a lot of people, not me.

Mac is not Windows, they are operating systems but not the same. I call that comparing apples with oranges. You have a different opinion and you are entitled to it. But do I need to say that apples and oranges are both fruit...

I do not disagree with this statement, but you're comparing two different things now to make a point about a previous comparison. 

I respect you a lot, and you know that, this just did not go right. But you obviously do not agree with me.

I appreciate that and I respect you too, but I'm not sure what it is that we are disagreeing about? The sum of all my statements is "Corruption happens, and checksums are good" which you apparently agree with.

What I do disagree with are these statements that I'm trying to instill fear in others when I'm doing nothing of the sort. That perception of this entire thing was created by you, not me. I'm sorry if what I said made you worry, or fearful that you might have serious issues with your downloads, but you blew this whole thing out of proportion.

Just because someone says something that makes you scared or worried does not mean that it was their intention. So please, stop implying that it was my goal here to scare you and others, because it was not. Consider the possibility that you are overreacting to my statements at least a little bit.

I was trying to be helpful and informative, and you went off trying to demonize me over the whole thing. 

So let's just drop it and as gentleman forget about it. I don't need to be right, you don't seem to me like the kind of man to need to have the last word and who needs to be right. Anyway, I will not continue with this discussion anymore and stop here.

I agree, feel free to reply to this post if you wish. Regardless of what you say, I will consider the matter dropped, as I've wasted enough time on trying to defend my position on this regarding my "spreading of fear". 

My final word on the matter is I did nothing wrong, and you're getting upset with me over absolutely nothing. 

Take care buddy :x

21 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

I agree, feel free to reply to this post if you wish. Regardless of what you say, I will consider the matter dropped, as I've wasted enough time on trying to defend my position on this regarding my "spreading of fear". 

My final word on the matter is I did nothing wrong, and you're getting upset with me over absolutely nothing. 

Not exactly sure what went on here as I skipped over most of it out of a lack of understanding/stubborness but if I had to guess PJ was just trying to help in terms of everything that's been uploaded not being corrupted/the best possible upload it could be, I doubt he meant any harm

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

Not exactly sure what went on here as I skipped over most of it out of a lack of understanding/stubborness but if I had to guess PJ was just trying to help in terms of everything that's been uploaded not being corrupted/the best possible upload it could be, I doubt he meant any harm

^ Hit the nail right on the head. Your powers of perception are uncanny Batman!

5 minutes ago, DabDeity710 said:

Speaking of which I solved the riddle, when is a door not a door: when it's a ajar or slightly open. A jar, why is my weed jar empty PJ???

Because you waited to long to re-up Batman. You may have uncanny perception, but clearly your skills are lacking when it comes to foresight.

For real though quit rolling J's all the time, to much waste. Use a glass bowl and a piece of an index card or chunk of cardboard from your pack of smokes to cap that shit and put it out after taking a drag. Shit lasts longer and doesn't uselessly burn up while you're holding your puff in.

Economics bitch! :D

6 minutes ago, ThePJzer said:

For real though quit rolling J's all the time, to much waste. Use a glass bowl and a piece of an index card or chunk of cardboard from your pack of smokes to cap that shit and put it out after taking a drag. Shit lasts longer and doesn't uselessly burn up while you're holding your puff in.

Economics bitch! :D

I haven't smoked in a couple days my nose just can't take it anymore lol, strictly edibles again. Plus my dad broke my Bellsprout pipe:(he said he'd get me another one but I said forget it wait till my nose is fixed no reason to shell out money for something I can't currently use when both of us need cash for so many other things

Edited by DabDeity710

I just want to say thanks to all my Kametsu friends for keeping me company, I've had a very rough last few days really a rough last few months and I've been so fucking lonely throughout the only friend I really hang out with has been too busy to chill as of late so I never see him anymore and as I already said he was the only person I've been hanging with at all other than the parasite I just canned so I've been all alone especially since I don't go to school or work and just recently moved back to the town I've lived in since 4th grade after living in a ghetto for a few months full of people who were nothing like me, back to a town full off people I can't stand a true center of scum the few people who weren't scum (the goodie two shoes kids who looked down on me like I was a lesser person due to my lifestyle choices) have all moved on with their lives and moved far far away from this hellhole and I haven't made friends with my new neighbors I think they all already think I'm a fucking degenerate already and already want nothing to with me one of them even called the cops on me after a fight I had with my dad fucking cocksucker so I'm literally completely alone from sun up to sun down cuz I don't have a job and I don't go to school and I'm not part of any clubs or any shit like that I only have 4 friends to text who all work all day so they often don't even have time to text me back your company means so much to me I can't put it into words thank you all so much:red_heart:

Edited by DabDeity710
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ThePJzer said:

I exaggerated in the spur of the moment, you've never done that before? Every statement after this one was factual and not exaggerated, but your treating them all as exaggerated statements when they are nothing of the sort. 

Ouch, pointing fingers. Please don't do that. You made the mistake, not me so don't go pointing to me now okay ;)

This is me merely providing a recent example to show that it can and does sometimes happen to people on occasion, nothing more. Just because you perceived it as fear spreading doesn't mean that's what it's true intention was, regardless of whether it scared you or not. Have you considered that?

Have you considered people have different opinions? Different views?

And please, enough with the "spreading fear" stuff. People occasionally getting corrupted downloads is nothing new, and you said yourself that you made a thread regarding corrupted downloads, so why are you responding to me like this? I'm scaring you with information about something you already know about?

Pointing fingers again. -_-

Why are you getting so upset with me over stating something that is factual, and that you agree with? Is the chance small, yes. Can it happen, yes. Was this statement made to scare you, no.

I am getting upset? You are writing almost an essay towards me my man, I am not upset at all. Was watching a damn good show, enjoying myself. I was having a discussion in good terms and you see it as me attacking you, who I consider a good friend. I find that VERY insulting. People have different views and I respect yours and you should respect mine which you clearly don't. Criticism is part of life.

What people? If someone else is reading this they haven't chimed in.

The goddamn 15 people in my head man! You know, those demons man! Gnawing at my insides man!

But serious. I agree that there aren't many people here, I didn't think about that. As a man, I admit to my thinking mistake (hint hint) ;) but I have to ask, if I am the only one, am I that unimportant to you? Because that stings man! Right in the heartstrings. Damn!

I'm sorry, you say you don't want to argue but this feels like an angry attack from you towards my intelligence, with the intention of provoking me. I said that if a CRC checks out and there are still issues then there is a problem with the source the file was obtained from, same difference. I never said that a checksum is a guarantee that there are no issues with a file, just that it's guaranteed to be a good download.

This is just silly talk, come on man, I did no such thing. You always talk to me like I know nothing about computers when I can build and repair them and know a goddamn lot, and I fucking hate bragging but you made me do it ;) , look what you made me into! ;) . I did not provoke you either because I said I wanted to stop it. That is even proof of it.

I know anyone can read this thread, but who are all these people? You're the only one involved in this conversation with me that I'm aware of. No one else has made their presence known here or posted anything regarding their discontent for my comments.

In fact, You, me, and Dabdiety are the only recent people who have browsed this page. If you went and started a conversation somewhere regarding serious issues with DDL corruption based on my comments then you're the one putting the fear in a lot of people, not me.

And I mean nothing, I am a nobody, a being of no value to you at all, that is clear.

I was trying to be helpful and informative, and you went off trying to demonize me over the whole thing. 

Saying I am demonizing you, bit of a drama queen are we. And you say I exaggerate? This is just uncalled for.

I agree, feel free to reply to this post if you wish.

Did not know I had to ask permission ;)

you're getting upset with me over absolutely nothing

Because it is all bullshit because only thePJzer is right. What a wonderful world you live in!

... First give him hell, and then say this. Good job!

To close this off, I know you had good intentions, I said so in my previous messages. Your messages are just very fear invoking to me, but as said before, I am not important. You may have said sorry in this last message but also said that it was my own fault and my own mind that did it so that says to me that you just don't mean the sorry.

It was a simple discussion, nothing more and you made it personal. Saying I attacked you and your intelligence and that I am demonizing you. I expected more from you.

But alas.

I will consider the matter dropped, as I've wasted enough time on trying to defend my position on this regarding my "spreading of fear". 

If you do, I will respect you greatly. This matter can be dealt with via PM as well.

Edited by Loyal Wolf