Official Vent Thread

Arian

6 hours ago, kitkat said:

Is it bad?

3 hours ago, DRX said:

O boy, plz don't tell me it's shit:ah:

2 hours ago, cyborgicarus29 said:

is it worse than BVS and MoS? 

Same level I’d say, maybe slightly worse.

Here’s the thing. The folks at DC and WB clearly listened to all the criticism from previous movies, but they learned the wrong lessons. They forced Justice League to be 2 hours in runtime and lightened the tone of the entire film, thinking those were the problems of BvS and other films. They were not.

Instead, we get yet another trainwreck. I am going to assume people here are atleast somewhat familiar with the sypnosis of JL. Batman forms a team of superheroes to fight the most generic DCEU villain to date. And that’s it. From start to finish, that’s what the movie is about. Probably the most superficial superhero movie storyline I’ve ever seem. No subplots, no motivations, nothing. The reason said villain wants to destroy the world? He likes conquering and destroying worlds. Those are his reasons.

Compared to WW, this was a massive stepdown. I will admit the humour was a little better than BvS and MoS in JL, possibly because of Joss Whedon’s reshoots (he did Avengers/Ultron/Civil War). If you disliked BvS and MoS, chances are you will dislike JL too. No logic, just brainless action à la Michael Bay. Now featuring superheroes. As to be expected from Zack Snyder.

I was already hesitant when I saw the reviews, but this confirms it. I’m done (not even gonna pirate) with DCEU until a movie appears that gets better/similar ratings as WW.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Scyrous said:

Here’s the thing. The folks at DC and WB clearly listened to all the criticism from previous movies, but they learned the wrong lessons. They forced Justice League to be 2 hours in runtime and lightened the tone of the entire film, thinking those were the problems of BvS and other films. They were not.

Instead, we get yet another trainwreck. I am going to assume people here are atleast somewhat familiar with the sypnosis of JL. Batman forms a team of superheroes to fight the most generic DCEU villain to date. And that’s it. From start to finish, that’s what the movie is about. Probably the most superficial superhero movie storyline I’ve ever seem. No subplots, no motivations, nothing. The reason said villain wants to destroy the world? He likes conquering and destroying worlds. Those are his reasons.

Compared to WW, this was a massive stepdown. I will admit the humour was a little better than BvS and MoS in JL, possibly because of Joss Whedon’s reshoots (he did Avengers/Ultron/Civil War). If you disliked BvS and MoS, chances are you will dislike JL too. No logic, just brainless action à la Michael Bay. Now featuring superheroes. As to be expected from Zack Snyder.

I was already hesitant when I saw the reviews, but this confirms it. I’m done (not even gonna pirate) with DCEU until a movie appears that gets better/similar ratings as WW.

damn that sucks. DC really needs to get their shit together and hire better writers and directors for their big budget feature films.

On 11/18/2017 at 4:14 AM, Scyrous said:

I posted in another thread my displeasure of watching Justice League and waited for the inevitable die-hard 'fans' to attack me for not liking it. None so far. 

But I do agree with the points you made. I'm a fan of Marvel and DC, and other comic publishers, but my goodness DCEU is such a trainwreck. I don't expect every movie, with superheroes or otherwise, to be lighthearted or have lots of humor. I enjoy dark stories and then, but Zack Snyder's DC Muderverse is just all kinds of wrong. Wonder Woman was more or less going in the right direction, but I fear for her future and other good DC characters that aren't Batman or Superman. I mean JFC why are we getting 2 separate Joker movies?! Not to mention the many Bat family related ones in 2019 and beyond... I'll admit, I didn't like MoS, and really despised BvS, but in comparison, I fucking hate Dark Knight Rises much more and like Justice League a little more than those movies. 

While I'm sure people are probably tired of the MCU, I'm surprised no one is stopping some of the inevitable train wrecks that Sony and Fox will do with the Marvel properties they're still holding onto, nevermind DC and Warner Bros. not getting their shit together.

While I'm at it, I'll admit I'd rather watch Batman being raped in prison instead of something like the Teen Titans Go movie (or any of its advertising). I hope Deadpool 2 fucking destroys them next year.

On a side note, Joss Whedon left the MCU after Age of Ultron and therefore wasn't actually involved with Civil War.

Edited by Predaking-117

2 minutes ago, Predaking-117 said:

Wonder Woman was more or less going in the right direction, but I fear for her future and other good DC characters that aren't Batman or Superman. I mean JFC why are we getting 2 separate Joker movies?! Not to mention the many Bat family related ones in 2019 and beyond... I'll admit, I didn't like MoS, and really despised BvS, but in comparison, I fucking hate Dark Knight Rises much more and like Justice League a little more than those movies. 

While I'm sure people are probably tired of the MCU, I'm surprised no one is stopping some of the inevitable train wrecks that Sony and Fox will do with the Marvel properties they're still holding onto, nevermind DC and Warner Bros. not getting their shit together.

On a side note, Joss Whedon left the MCU after Age of Ultron and therefore wasn't actually involved with Civil War.

Glad to see someone who agrees. Wonder Woman was the first passable DC movie for me. On-par with some of the less popular Marvel movies like Thor (2) and The Incredible Hulk.

Batman Trilogy is in a league of its own imo. I've been a fan of Nolan for over a decade. I thought all three movies were lovely, but hey, to each their own.

Sony and Fox.. ugh. I heard Sony is starting up their own little ''Sony's Marvel Universe'', starting with Venom in 2018.

And yes, you're right. I tend to confuse Joss Whedon and the Russo brothers for whatever reason.

Speaking of Russo brothers... Infinity War hype.

3 hours ago, Ryutai said:

First time using this thread and hopefully the last, 

Why I am the lazy piece of shit I am now, what am I doing with my life? fuck knows to both of those questions... I don't put effort into anything, I have no discipline, I forget the people who care about me, hell I'm not even happy, and for what??? literally nothing. I don't even have a valid answer let alone something that could possibly justify such behaviour. The self pitying is equally as shameful, I sit regretting and pitying the person I have become, what is this shit, why? I used be a some-what talented, healthy and well rounded person who had some prospects of a decent future but hey who needs any of that when you can just screw everything up anyways? I try to use excuses, blame the world around me, my lack of fortune, hell I've even blamed the only people who are willing to try and help me, I'm such a great person right? I promise things to people and let them down time after time and yet they never hesitate to help me and for what? I'm a waste of oxygen right now and I do not deserve any such respect. Treat me like the petulant child I have become.

Just grow up you piece of shit and stop being the lazy melodramatic dick-head you are right now.

You managed to find yourself on the Project crew of this website, which I haven't been able to do. There must be talent and skill somewhere in you.

It's thanksgiving day and the only thing I have to be thankful for is a few super close online friends, weed waffles and a bottle of vodka. No family, no irl friends worth mentioning, no job, no source of income, no education, no future, no relationship, no car, no driver's license even, no home of my own I'm stuck under the roof of one of the shittiest people I've ever had the displeasure of having in my life and a $6000 debt. I don't even have a thanksgiving dinner tn. Then my asshole dad says I don't have a right to be upset. Fuck you dad you don't even have the right to be outside of a prison cell after everything you've done to me, but you are. He's not even thankful for that fact ungrateful piece of garbage.

Well not only that but I can't even be thankful for being healthy cuz my health is so fucked at this point. At least I'm alive and conscious, that's something to be thankful.

Edited by DabDeity710

• 1 month later...

Haven't been on this forum in what feels like at least 2-3 month despite the fact that I'm as active as can be on Kametsu's discord but I am returning just to say my dad is still an asshole. That's all. Don't feel like giving details don't feel like explaining how deeply hurt I am don't feel like getting into it. I'm just really fucking upset.

Hopefully I'll return to the actual forum for real soon, I've been super fucking busy with music related shit. I'm still on Kametsu's discord 24/7 so you can find me there. Peace out from your favorite fuck up:byebye:

Edited by DabDeity710

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I wasn't considered for a clerical position at a physical therapy/rehab facility, and the same local hospital that I've been applying for a clerk position within 2 years turned me down for the 3rd time a few weeks ago. And on top of that, this scumbag at work lashes out at me because he feels that I'm gonna steal his role/seat/task/etc. What a piss poor day for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I did type all of this yesterday and the browser crashed. I lost everything I typed.

This all started last Thursday. It was a normal day at the intake window, as I was eating pancakes for breakfast. Some nosy asshole didn't like that so he went to my supervisor and complained about it. I got yelled at over some petty bullshit. I understood the fact that eating lunch within my department was banned not too long ago, but that didn't apply for breakfast at all. And I've eaten breakfast countless times at the window, so why this became an issue is seriously beyond me.

This really pissed me off. Later on during the day, I started developing influenza symptoms and started feeling like shit. Headache, fever, sore throat, chest pain, neck pain, runny nose and later on anxiety attack. Went to ER on Friday and I was partially fine afterwards. Went again last night as I started worsening due to anxiety and excessive palpitation on the heart. Now I can't go to work tomorrow due to this. I hate my supervisor. I dunno know how much longer I have to put up with his petty bullshit and this is my 3rd incident overall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A vent thread this is exactly what I need. I'm sitting here dealing with the stress of having almost lost the use of my right arm. This is been going on for almost a year and every doctor I've been to every test I've taken has led to more or less  process of elimination not finding a source. I've been on over 16 different medications in the last year trying to medicate away the problem. I can give you a two-page list of what it's not but no idea what's causing it. I lost a job paying $18 an hour USD because for some reason my right arm decided to go weak and numb. I went from being able to lift 50 pounds one handed to having to have two hands to lift 30. I've picked up two Burns one second and one third degree and multiple cuts on my right arm that I never felt and just noticed later. I just got married a little over a year before this started. My wife and I were really just starting out. She hasn't left me or anything she stood by me but this isn't the kind of life I was planning on us having. I went from being the primary provider to having to rely on my Works insurance policies to provide any kind of support. It's pretty bad when you go from being able to do whatever you need to do to being almost useless. To give more detail whatever this is also draining out my stamina to. The longer I carry something or do anything that actually requires any strength the weaker I get. It's like I could pick up and carry a 20lb bag of pet food and after I put it down have trouble lifting a gallon of water with the arm that's still unaffected. Another example we're having 90 plus degree weather and we have a black car, I can lay my right hand on the car with it sitting in the sun all day and not feel more than a little warm. If I lay on my left hand on the same car I can barely keep it on the car for the burning sensation. Frustration aggravation and depression keep building up and I don't want to vent to my wife too heavily because she has so much that she has to deal with. Hell before this started I was the one who always tried to cheer her up and support her when she was having problems, because not much bothered me. Now it's just medical bills feeling useless and fear about what's actually going wrong with my body. There is a plus side though, I'm catching up on a lot of shows I wanted to watch while I was working and didn't have the time.

I really want to hurt people who write certain TV series. For going over TV standards duration (11", 22", 44"), for writing endless bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla-bla, for having characters constantly interrupt each other, for making crappy comedies.