Arian

Official Vent Thread

6 hours ago, kitkat said:

Is it bad?

3 hours ago, DRX said:

O boy, plz don't tell me it's shit:ah:

2 hours ago, cyborgicarus29 said:

is it worse than BVS and MoS? 

Same level I’d say, maybe slightly worse.

Here’s the thing. The folks at DC and WB clearly listened to all the criticism from previous movies, but they learned the wrong lessons. They forced Justice League to be 2 hours in runtime and lightened the tone of the entire film, thinking those were the problems of BvS and other films. They were not.

Instead, we get yet another trainwreck. I am going to assume people here are atleast somewhat familiar with the sypnosis of JL. Batman forms a team of superheroes to fight the most generic DCEU villain to date. And that’s it. From start to finish, that’s what the movie is about. Probably the most superficial superhero movie storyline I’ve ever seem. No subplots, no motivations, nothing. The reason said villain wants to destroy the world? He likes conquering and destroying worlds. Those are his reasons.

Compared to WW, this was a massive stepdown. I will admit the humour was a little better than BvS and MoS in JL, possibly because of Joss Whedon’s reshoots (he did Avengers/Ultron/Civil War). If you disliked BvS and MoS, chances are you will dislike JL too. No logic, just brainless action à la Michael Bay. Now featuring superheroes. As to be expected from Zack Snyder.

I was already hesitant when I saw the reviews, but this confirms it. I’m done (not even gonna pirate) with DCEU until a movie appears that gets better/similar ratings as WW.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Scyrous said:

Same level I’d say, maybe slightly worse.

Here’s the thing. The folks at DC and WB clearly listened to all the criticism from previous movies, but they learned the wrong lessons. They forced Justice League to be 2 hours in runtime and lightened the tone of the entire film, thinking those were the problems of BvS and other films. They were not.

Instead, we get yet another trainwreck. I am going to assume people here are atleast somewhat familiar with the sypnosis of JL. Batman forms a team of superheroes to fight the most generic DCEU villain to date. And that’s it. From start to finish, that’s what the movie is about. Probably the most superficial superhero movie storyline I’ve ever seem. No subplots, no motivations, nothing. The reason said villain wants to destroy the world? He likes conquering and destroying worlds. Those are his reasons.

Compared to WW, this was a massive stepdown. I will admit the humour was a little better than BvS and MoS in JL, possibly because of Joss Whedon’s reshoots (he did Avengers/Ultron/Civil War). If you disliked BvS and MoS, chances are you will dislike JL too. No logic, just brainless action à la Michael Bay. Now featuring superheroes. As to be expected from Zack Snyder.

I was already hesitant when I saw the reviews, but this confirms it. I’m done (not even gonna pirate) with DCEU until a movie appears that gets better/similar ratings as WW.

damn that sucks. DC really needs to get their shit together and hire better writers and directors for their big budget feature films.