MEGA Enforcing File Limit

TheLastOfUs

I highly suggest people "import" their excess files from 1 mega account to another to avoid an entire account from getting deleted. They are starting enforcement for free accounts over 50GB+. The Import function is essentially a Cloud Drive to Cloud Drive 1:1 copy which is super fantastic. Definitely the way of the future.

I wouldn't call it enforcing... all they've done is notice that people are over the limit and sent emails to all the accounts. They haven't said anything about deleting accounts. Who knows... they probably think people are going to buy a new account just because of the email.

Nor any mention of removing files if you dont upgrade. I guess some people would feel the pressure to get more space/want to keep their files, so it might pay off for Mega.

..and we know how slow MEGA's upload speed is/capped at.

Really? What upload speed do you get? Mega maxes out my given line's speed. (~1.1MB/s or ~10mb/s)

Suddenly I have download speeds maxing out at 200 KB/s ...not sure what happened to MEGA in the past few days..but my download speeds there have become legit crippled when downloading from someone else's folder. It's sad

Ok, that could be due to the user accounts allocated bandwidth being used up and Mega applying limiting on their account? Granted their account would have to have had a lot of activity on it...

You never answered my previous question though ;) 

The same happened with Mega Upload. First they had virtually no limits, to draw everyone in and then once it was popular and widely used they then started to put on limits, one at a time, from total space to eventually the ridiculous download limit they had. Wouldn't be surprsed if Mega does the exact same thing since it is owned by the same person after all. and especially now that his lawyers quit because he can't afford to keep paying them anymore.

Indeed....seems MEGA.co.nz is gonna go to shit soon.

Why do you say so?

If anything becuase their service for free users is so good compared to the other files hosts around (no download limits, no upload limits etc etc), more people would be tempted to buy a pro account with them and they would do well. The only way I feel they would go to shit is if they had their site taken down as was with megaupload. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with MK on this one. MEGA 4 life. Kim DotCom is the man. I've got over 320+ GB and haven't received an email or had anything placed in the Rubbish bin. But this is also why I release torrents and to AnimeBytes just in case something happens.

But I guess that it is more fun to...

D05N5DP.gif

Edited by deanzel
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...