MEGA Enforcing File Limit

TheLastOfUs

Gmail now requires you to verify with a phone number. Since there is no way in hell i'm giving out my # lots of my uploaded files will be deleted. Grab and import the disney ISOs as they will be deleted soon.

Do you mean that MEGA requires you to verify with a phone number when making a new account with a gmail email or are you talking about Gmail in general?

More Bad News -

Mega Icon

Your Account is Over Quota

We see that your account is using 67.92 GB, which is over your disk space allocation of 50 GB.

As your account is over quota, we have disabled uploads and synchronization using MEGAsync.

To continue to use MEGA, please subscribe to one of our paid monthly or yearly plans. If the account remains over quota your files, folders and shares will be permanently deleted.

Start the upgrade process by clicking on the red button below, or visiting https://mega.nz/#pro

Subscribe to MEGA

If you need any further information, please contact our support team.

Best regards, 

Team MEGA

Edited by Blitzepidemic

Just use the gmail trick that everyone is mentioning with Mega. If you take your original gmail address (let's say Blitzepidemic@gmail.com) then just add a "+" and whatever to the end and it will automatically forward to your original Gmail account each time. So register in MEGA as [email protected] or [email protected] and so on.

It works, thanks for clarifying that little trick. Now just need to create around 20 new + Mega accounts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found this, not sure if its real or not.

Mega Technique 

by Anonymous Coward

I've seen some criticism from open source advocates and hackers that Mega can't be trusted because the source isn't available.What assurance could you give someone to the point that their files may not be kept secret while hosted on your platform? 

Dotcom: I'm not involved in Mega anymore. Neither in a managing nor in a shareholder capacity. The company has suffered from a hostile takeover by a Chinese investor who is wanted in China for fraud. He used a number of straw-men and businesses to accumulate more and more Mega shares. Recently his shares have been seized by the NZ government. Which means the NZ government is in control. In addition Hollywood has seized all the Megashares in the family trust that was setup for my children. As a result of this and a number of other confidential issues I don't trust Mega anymore. I don't think your data is safe on Mega anymore. But my non-compete clause is running out at the end of the year and I will create a Mega competitor that is completely open source and non-profit, similar to the Wikipedia model. I want to give everyone free, unlimited and encrypted cloud storage with the help of donations from the community to keep things going.
Edited by Blitzepidemic
  • Like 1

https://torrentfreak.com/kim-dotcom-mega-trade-barbs-over-hostile-takeover-claims-150731/

This would be more reliable... and seems Dotcom is talking out of his ass because he has no rights to MEGA and hasn't since sometime in 2013.

That article makes it sound like Dotcom had a sissy fit, lol. I'll be interested in checking out his new site, if it truly is going to be free.

Just got this email. Oh boy...

t8XuXHj.jpg

Looks like it's RIP time. Anybody got any bright ideas? If I "transfer" or "share" the file onto another account, will it still remain if the original account/file gets deleted in a non-DMCA manner?

So... I thought that this only happened like a week ago and I had some time left. However, I just looked back and realized that I gotta get on this ASAP as I'm already 2 days over the warned time limit. 20 new accounts here I come (albeit I don't have any time to do this in the next few days). Hope it stays up until then.

Got a mail from mega recently saying I was over the limit (I'm at 150GB), they mention my folders will get deleted if I don't upgrade, but no date on that yet.

But I really can't be bothered to create multiple accounts to transfer so i'm likely just going to delete all my files there so I can keep the account for other stuff.