MEGA Enforcing File Limit

TheLastOfUs

^ Then you have obviously never heard of or used Userfiles, Solidfiles or hugefiles.

Hugefiles used to work well for me but hasn't recently. As for userfiles and solidfiles, I'll be honest, you're right. I haven't tried those.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll check them out if I ever find links for those for animes I want to watch.

Just to clarify, MEGA is enforcing SOME sort of limits, but it seems random. It certainly isn't enforced at 50gb. I think it probably starts enforcing after a certain number of files have been uploaded. That might explain why the range is so random as to when people get locked out of uploading

Also try Jdownloader. It makes getting a lot of files, as well as captcha less troublesome

Just to clarify, MEGA is enforcing SOME sort of limits, but it seems random. It certainly isn't enforced at 50gb. I think it probably starts enforcing after a certain number of files have been uploaded. That might explain why the range is so random as to when people get locked out of uploading

Well, before they would just send a notice to "upgrade" or get under the storage limit but it never did anything. I've personally never even gotten a notice before. However, with the migration to the new mega.nz site, it looks like they're getting strict from what I can tell. As I said, I don't know the exact details which is why I'm trying to poll and ask around here to get a good idea of what MEGA is doing as a lot of us upload to MEGA.

66aa2bf5cb.png

Since when did MEGA have a 'bandwidth' limit? Apparently after 10GB is downloaded from your account in a month, no one can download from you until the next month. That limit is pretty small considering your average movie would be more than 2GB; you'd essentially only be able to let ~5 people download a movie from you before your account is locked for the month.

66aa2bf5cb.png

Since when did MEGA have a 'bandwidth' limit? Apparently after 10GB is downloaded from your account in a month, no one can download from you until the next month. That limit is pretty small considering your average movie would be more than 2GB; you'd essentially only be able to let ~5 people download a movie from you before your account is locked for the month.

They "technically" had a bandwidth limit but it was never enforced just like the storage limits (other than some very very very rare cases). Of course, I don't know if they're enforcing the bandwidth limits now. I'd be interested in finding.

In regards to making throwaway email addresses for new accounts, you don't need to. If you use gmail, which I'd assume most people do, you can add a plus sign '+' then put something like Mega1 before the '@'. All emails sent to that email are forwarded to your normal email.

Eg. If my email is [email protected], I can use [email protected], [email protected] etc.

Any email sent will be forwarded to [email protected], so you would be able to get past the account verification and only need to use the one email address.

• Like 3

@Darkshadow6400 - well that seems like the best option yet (granted you have a gmail account). 

Seen as there are so many users here who use Mega, wouldn't it be worth getting together, contributing set $ about (well € in this case) and getting their biggest plan? I would be more than happy to pay half...

@Darkshadow6400 - well that seems like the best option yet (granted you have a gmail account). 

Seen as there are so many users here who use Mega, wouldn't it be worth getting together, contributing set $ about (well € in this case) and getting their biggest plan? I would be more than happy to pay half...

Pretty sure they have algorithms in place so that if too many IP's log in to a single account it'll set off red flags.

Pretty sure they have algorithms in place so that if too many IP's log in to a single account it'll set off red flags.

True, though they were pretty relaxed about users going over their limits, even before the whole Paypal thing that I dont think they will worry. Mega is still getting money - that said, wont multiple free accounts from the same IP also set off flags?

Edited by Moodkiller

In regards to making throwaway email addresses for new accounts, you don't need to. If you use gmail, which I'd assume most people do, you can add a plus sign '+' then put something like Mega1 before the '@'. All emails sent to that email are forwarded to your normal email.

Eg. If my email is [email protected], I can use [email protected], [email protected] etc.

Any email sent will be forwarded to [email protected], so you would be able to get past the account verification and only need to use the one email address.

Thanks for this suggestion. This is a solid temporary work around (in a sense) for now. I'll use my new account and see when they implement the storage limit. I hope it's closer to 100GB rather than 50GB...

Thanks for this suggestion. This is a solid temporary work around (in a sense) for now. I'll use my new account and see when they implement the storage limit. I hope it's closer to 100GB rather than 50GB...

I was cut off at 101GB, but the limit will probably get reduced again

I have been locked out of uploading new material to all my accounts, one had only 55 GB. I can still import from other Mega accounts though. I will try to create a new account and see if I can continue to upload.

Edit - I can still create new accounts and upload...for now.

Edit too - I have lost the ability to import files to accounts over the 50G limit.

Edited by Blitzepidemic

We see that your account is using 865.01 GB, which is over your disk space allocation of 50 GB. As your account is over quota, we have disabled uploads and synchronization using MEGAsync. To continue to use MEGA, please subscribe to one of our paid monthly or yearly plans. If the account remains over quota your files, folders and shares will be permanently deleted. Start the upgrade process by clicking on the red button below, or visiting https://mega.nz/#pro   If you need any further information, please contact our support team.

Best regards, 

Team MEGA

Just got the notice email but the part that caught my attention was that if my account remained over quota, they will delete the data. I didn't believe this before but I think that it might happen now. RIP my uploads?

Edited by deanzel

So I have been looking into Cloud-to-Cloud transfer sites recently because of the limit (for example copying the files in your MEGA account to BOX or GoogleDrive, etc) and the only one that I found that supports MEGA is cloudsfer, and it only allowes you to transfer up to 10GB for Free.  More than that and you have to pay.

Does anybody know of another free transfer site/service that supports MEGA?

Edited by slick1109

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this email. Oh boy...

t8XuXHj.jpg

Looks like it's RIP time. Anybody got any bright ideas? If I "transfer" or "share" the file onto another account, will it still remain if the original account/file gets deleted in a non-DMCA manner?

Edited by deanzel

Just got this email. Oh boy...

t8XuXHj.jpg

Looks like it's RIP time. Anybody got any bright ideas? If I "transfer" or "share" the file onto another account, will it still remain if the original account/file gets deleted in a non-DMCA manner?

It should be fine if you import your files over to another account. I've imported files from one account to another and then deleted them off the original account - they still appeared in my other account. The only problem you'll have is that you will have to update all of your links to your uploads - they do change when files are imported from one account to the other. Considering you have a lot of data, that might be a pain to do, unfortunately.

With deanzel's remuxes, only 4 movies would put him at the MEGA account limit, haha.

But yeah man, you can import to other accounts and then delete and it'll be fine. You're looking at needing 18 accounts already though to handle the data you've accumulated. So that's going to be quite the hassle. Especially remembering later which account holds which series, etc..

Luckily there is a trick with gmail so you can use the same email address over and over. IIRC it's like say your original is [email protected] well you can do [email protected], [email protected], and so on... and the emails all come to your original email but you fool MEGA into accepting it as differences.

• Like 1