SOTW #152: Noblesse [CLOSED!]

Alice

Nagisa signature looks great nice use of color but the white glow of your name kinda looks iffy

Yeah, I meant to fix that.  Even I noticed it was a bit too much, but been having such a bad week that I was not able to get to it.

Edited by Nagisa

Nagisa - Great signature but like others have stated, it seems the text is the focus when it should be the stock image. Would have probably lowered opacity of the text, lowered the brightness and added the glow around the character to give it more emphasis since it's sort of bunched into the corner.

dn_angel000 - I find that the thing designers ALWAYS screw up is the text. It's almost impossible to find a designer that gets text right imo.

Emrys - Would have probably made the white splatter less apparent as it seems to overule the entire signature. Not really likeing the background to the character... IDK it just doesn't seem to really "flow". Maybe the character just needed to stand out more somehow.

-------------------------------
Votes

dn_angel:
(+) I really like how small you made this sig, it's compact, clean and has an awesome flow to it.
(-) Personally I would have made the text a little transparent and wouldn't have placed it on the render.

Nagisa:
(+) Small sig, nice colors.
(-) Besides the text thing thats already been mentioned, my biggest problem with your sig is that the moon is on the side where the renders face is shadowed, I think it should have on on the other side to make it look like it was lighting up his face.

Emrys:
(+) Good render choice.
(-) The colors seem really off to me and the splatter is excessive, while the text goes well with the background, it really clashes with the render.
Runner Up

Tsukumo Yuma:
I'm guessing you didn't really like this theme?
It seems like you didn't want to put any effort into it, which I can understand, when I don't like/have no idea what to do with a theme I either make a joke sig or end up with something really awful.
Anyway what I was getting at is that I know you make better sigs than that and it just seems like you weren't feeling this theme.

• Like 1

Thank you for the critsism!

I had a hard time with this theme, so it is not my best.

It's understandable and at least you took the time to even enter, which I think is awesome.

also, after re-reading what I wrote earlier it seems a little harsh and I apologize if it came across that way to you too.

Woh, so much c&c this week. Haha, I feel like I should have more input.
This is just c&c as I have already voted. Just repeating incase this gets counted as votes again.

DNA00 - I like the colours, borders, renders, lighting, etc. The only two things I didn't like was the text and that white thing on the side. (what is that? it just keeps distracting me, haha.) I think text placement is fine, the signature itself is quite small so you can't put it anywhere else without it looking out of place. I felt like the text was a standard-stock text with an outline. (but I can't talk, I suck at fonts myself)

ParasiteEve - the snow is well done, like, very well done. And the colours fit the render reaaaally well. The snow adds in a subtle depth to the sig, it's nice. I think there's too much open space and the BG is a little bland. Text is soso, the lower case 'n' looks a bit strange to me. But again, I reaaaally enjoy the foreground and thought the snow + clouds/moon fit the theme perfectly.

Nagisa - Your BG is amazing. Really amazing. Your border is pretty good. I feel it adds to the 'noblesse' theme, as it looks upper-class. The text is really good too, aside from the size/placement. The biggest thing that got me was that the render felt neglected, making the theme kind of redundant. You blended the colours reaaaally well, but I feel like it would look better without the render. Just text + pretty landscape. (But then it wouldn't be fit for the SOTW competition)

Emrys/Tsukumo Yuma - I'm going to group the c&c for these together, as I feel it applies to both. They both lack a bit of depth as there is nothing on the foreground. Tsukumo has a bit with the shadows but it feels a bit disjoint from the sig. You both went with a splatter effect which is nice, and does fit the theme (noblesse = about vampires/supernatural) so that was really good of you. I'm sure with a bit more time and it would have looked like really good signatures, but as they stand it's kind of like. Good Render + Cool Splatters on a Plain BG. A little bit disjoint.

Just my 2c everyone. I'm pretty bad at c&c so hopefully I actually made sense with what I was saying. :x
Also I have no ill-intentions behind what I say, and think you're all amazing to even enter it. (Whatever you made is already 1000x better than what I didn't.)

• Like 1

Nagisa:

my biggest problem with your sig is that the moon is on the side where the renders face is shadowed, I think it should have on on the other side to make it look like it was lighting up his face.

Good point. I use to be really nitpicky about these things; but as I've not done any graphics really in several years and not really been in the C&C scene; I completely forgot / didn't even consider the flow of lighting.

Nagisa:

(+) Small sig, nice colors.

(-) Besides the text thing thats already been mentioned, my biggest problem with your sig is that the moon is on the side where the renders face is shadowed, I think it should have on on the other side to make it look like it was lighting up his face.

I knew my text was off.  I meant to fix but didn't get to it in time.  Sadly, I render would not let me do what you suggest.  I had to make my render and the one I did was the only one like it.

jhq8.png

Has you can tell I had to leave it right on the side.  As some suggested I not have my render right on the edge, but unfortunately I had too.  I had to this. I tried to find another image like this with more of him so I could place it differently...sadly, I was not able to find one.  I thought about not putting the moon in(another render I had to make), but then the SIG looked empty.  I do thank you all for the C&C. 

ParasiteEve - the snow is well done, like, very well done. And the colours fit the render reaaaally well. The snow adds in a subtle depth to the sig, it's nice. I think there's too much open space and the BG is a little bland. Text is soso, the lower case 'n' looks a bit strange to me. But again, I reaaaally enjoy the foreground and thought the snow + clouds/moon fit the theme perfectly.

Just my 2c everyone. I'm pretty bad at c&c so hopefully I actually made sense with what I was saying. :x

Also I have no ill-intentions behind what I say, and think you're all amazing to even enter it. (Whatever you made is already 1000x better than what I didn't.)

Aw thanks! I ended up with it like that because I wanted to try and make it into a gif and have the snow actually falling, but I can't make a good gif to save my life and ended up doing two layers of snow, one just normal specks and the other with a motion blur.

Yeah, I had some trouble with the background, I tried pulling in a tree silhouette but it looked so out of place, then i thought maybe more clouds would work and it didn't, so I crossed my fingers and hoped less would be more lol.

It was one of those weird fonts that don't come with uppercase letters (which I've never understood) >,<

Thanks so much for the C&C, I really appreciate it and need it. :)