A Suggestion

Scott

A unregistered area. It'd be a section seen and viewable by all unregistered users. It should have a guide on how to register (people are stupid) and that they need to get a certain amount of non-spam posts)and some download threads with a couple full series/movies (only a few) to show them what they can get when they register and start being active.

I think that this is a pretty good idea, its one of the reason I joined a few sites is because of the teasers there. I say try it, and if it doesn't go too well then scrap it? You could throw the links from EDK into there since there is already no need to register for them or something?

• 3 weeks later...
Then again, there will always be people who only leech what is in the unregistered area and then never come back until more stuff is posted there.

More stuff won't be posted. It would only be a couple series/movies or something and it will be the same one. It would just be a 'taste' of what active members get and it will be stuff that registered members already have access to of course.

actually, im registered at some other forums which has a rule that 'if a person / member can't post a message / reply within a certain length of time.. their IP's will be block, so be it with their accounts. in that way, most of the users in that site / forums tend to atleast thank / or say thanks to the persons who uploads certain files.

but yeah, it's a good idea to have a separate page for the visitors in the site.. so that they will be obliged to register in this forums.

A unregistered area. It'd be a section seen and viewable by all unregistered users. It should have a guide on how to register (people are stupid) and that they need to get a certain amount of non-spam posts)and some download threads with a couple full series/movies (only a few) to show them what they can get when they register and start being active.

can we make this happen like today or sometime in the near future because the spamming is becoming a huge problem and this would help curtail it even though it might be a little work getting this together. i think its a great idea scott!!!!!

but i really think that 5 post is quite a low number for getting the downloads.. i truly believe that this is a good forums since most of the links that i found here are almost dual audio and dubbed.. i think that 5 post number rule is very low for people who will just registered and then make 5 post.

at one point in time just a month or so ago you would log on and youd look at the large list of users who visited in the last 24 hours and over 10 would be banned for spamming and now theres 2 3 so thats pretty damn good improvement and while we hate those leechers it is those same leechers that keep our links going