an idea

Wake

I thought it might be a nice idea here to help bring down the level of spamming in the forum.

Idea: a Thanks Button; for sections that do uploads, so people don't have to post just to let someone know they are happy about the upload. I button at the bottom of the threads first post and at the bottom of the page or something have all the names or the number of thanks for the upload. I don't know how you would really go about doing this (not all that computer savvy) just a brainstorm...

Posting a "thanks" in the uploads is not considered as spamming. On contrary, it's encouraged.

I didn't mean to say; saying thanks is spam, I just meant that having a button for a thread would help keep the real conversation in the thread closer together (easier to follow) and to get rid of the one liners people say to get 5 posts (for downloading) "like this anime is awesome" or "nice download" not that I saying that saying that is bad. I was just thinking that trying to make people say something more than that if they were going to post. So put in a Thinks Button for all the people who wish to say thanks and nothing more. I was really just thinking about how long threads get sometimes just because people want to say thank you (which I am very much all for!) but then the rest of the conversation in the thread gets stretched out and hard to follow from all the posts. I don't know maybe this was a better thought in my head...:beat_brick: lol

I didn't mean to say; saying thanks is spam, I just meant that having a button for a thread would help keep the real conversation in the thread closer together (easier to follow) and to get rid of the one liners people say to get 5 posts (for downloading) "like this anime is awesome" or "nice download" not that I saying that saying that is bad. I was just thinking that trying to make people say something more than that if they were going to post. So put in a Thinks Button for all the people who wish to say thanks and nothing more. I was really just thinking about how long threads get sometimes just because people want to say thank you (which I am very much all for!) but then the rest of the conversation in the thread gets stretched out and hard to follow from all the posts. I don't know maybe this was a better thought in my head...:beat_brick: lol

Yeah, you have got a point, i never thought about that from this point of view... but people who do that for post count will still do that, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

I definitely see where you are coming from. The thanks could come in the form of a private message or something so that the person is aware who thanked them and from what post, but it won't fill up the forum. I hope Koby takes this suggestion to heart.

I would like to agree, but I can not at this time. Thanks to all the hard work from staff members the spamming is now down to nearly nothing, and when it is spotted it is quickly dealt with. So for now I will have to say; while the idea is a good one, at the moment it will be rejected.

Koby is welcome to change the decision if he wishes, this thread is now going to be closed.