Kouhai

Hihi, Kouhai here. :>

I've dabbled in photoshop (and GIMP) before, but stopped some 6 months ago. I noticed the SOTW competition and was pretty interested so I spent yesterday cooking up a few things. 2/3 were failures, but it was fun. (here is the decent one).

555552_zps1e86c96d.png
summer2_zpsd969ab02.png
MakiseKurisu_zps969440f1.png
.GIF(1) + .GIF(2)
33333_zps4deef2a7.gif?t=1400462388
123123_zps834d8abe.gif?t=1400463217

gif-sig_zps59414dea.gif

knight_zpsbfd4f54a.png
SOTWneko2_zps6622b2ac.png

Kouhai-Sengoku2_zpsbdbf746a.png

KouhaiShinobunoeyes_zps2e37a7d8.png

ringosig2_zps4f3783d5.png

hatsunemikuGB_zpsf92e28ea.png

shiro_zps8afc7370.png

bloodmouth_zpse874ab10.png

purple_zpsfc06935c.png

sotwblue2_zps59296004.png

uSGAL4E.png?1

Msoc4SR.png?1?8529

3Vtlo17.png?1?3629

oug4DWV.png?1?1760

miyanagateru_zps46c38f23.png

*Note: Signatures in spoiler aren't 100% updated/

gY4RIwm.png?1
Latest Work

CnC is always welcome, and I look forward to being part of the gfx community. :P

Edited by Kouhai
  • Like 6

One doesn't have to be part of the staff team to be a part of the graphics community. Even just voting and commenting on people's work is enough to get you in, haha! I know I look forward to seeing you participate. :3

I like this signature a lot! The only thing I would do differently is not put the text on top of the render. But other than that, it's great!

• Like 1

Ah, thanks everyone! You'll find that I don't have the best imagination, so I was just making the suggested themes in the current SOTW. I originally put the text 'sotw#146' in the open space'.

After revising my 'Summer' one, here it is, along with the original kenshin one. (text still feels weak in the summer one)

I also made a Panda and Persona4 one, but they didn't come out as I had liked.

summer2_zpsd969ab02.png

55555_zpsd865706b.png

P.s. You can show off more by making me one... Muhahaha ^_^

Well... I DO like showing off! Ahah. But seriously, if you would like anything I make, I can always just change/add text. :P
I sort of make things on the fly though, so I can't make anything in specific. :x

P.S. What is this Magikarp!? I'm curious now!

Edited by Kouhai

Ugh, I feel like I'm spamming the forum with my thread now. But nonetheless just spent another day playing with photoshop. Results are as follows: Animation is hard.

@lemming; :x I shall try it the next chance I get. I'm downloading more fonts too. (yay)

@Kenzou; Thanks! :> I actually do little to the BGs, apart from blur, re-colour, and apply a few filters here and there. The credit goes to the various artists of pixiv.

@HeavenlyClassic; Bikini Render can be found here. Sadly I couldn't find the actual deviantart user page.

• Like 3

Ugh, I feel like I'm spamming the forum with my thread now. But nonetheless just spent another day playing with photoshop. Results are as follows: Animation is hard.

Nice!! :o

Do you want to make me one like this e.g. the rain gif? :D But like the one I'm using now :P

giphy.giffinal_getsuga_tenshou_gif_2_by_jlegend83

Edited by Emrys
  • Like 1

@lemming; :x I shall try it the next chance I get. I'm downloading more fonts too. (yay)

@Kenzou; Thanks! :> I actually do little to the BGs, apart from blur, re-colour, and apply a few filters here and there. The credit goes to the various artists of pixiv.

@HeavenlyClassic; Bikini Render can be found here. Sadly I couldn't find the actual deviantart user page.

It isn't spamming so long as you are posting things of value. Since your post has more than one word on it and isnt an advertisement or trolling, I think you qualify :P

Also your animated ones look awesome. It might be good to try and make them loop more smoothly, you can actually cut corners if you do it that way too since you don't have to make the animation as long. Still, as others have said, I would love to see more of your work!

• Like 1

@HeavenlyClassic; Yeah, haha. I have a habbit of starting my signatures huge, and trying to trim them down. (Though the width always stays at 500. I should fix that!)

@Kenzou; @Kei; Thanks for the vote of confidence! Unfortunately I have a hard time following instructions, or working in an organized manner. Because of that, it's next to impossible for me to plan to make something. So, I don't think I'll have a request section any time soon. (sorry)

@Emrys; I can apply the rain to your current sig, haha. Or I could use that exact bleach gif and put your name on top of it. But rendering ichigo + effects out of the gif and recreating a sig around it is a little beyond my skills. (I can't even render that well!)

@lemming; Thanks for the CnC as always! It's very insightful! Do you make graphics yourself?

I was actually annoyed at the loop too. (It's my first time trying the rain effect. I was following a tut.) I don't know how to get it to flow 100% smoothly like they did. It was a different version of photoshop in the tutorial, so I had to improvise half of it. If someone could tell me how to make it smoother, or how to make smoother gifs in general, I would love to know! (I want to get better at making gifs!)

@Emrys; I can apply the rain to your current sig, haha. Or I could use that exact bleach gif and put your name on top of it. But rendering ichigo + effects out of the gif and recreating a sig around it is a little beyond my skills. (I can't even render that well!)

That would be nice :) Its too bad you cant put the black flames onto my signature :P

Edited by Emrys

@HeavenlyClassic; Yeah, haha. I have a habbit of starting my signatures huge, and trying to trim them down. (Though the width always stays at 500. I should fix that!)

@Kenzou; @Kei; Thanks for the vote of confidence! Unfortunately I have a hard time following instructions, or working in an organized manner. Because of that, it's next to impossible for me to plan to make something. So, I don't think I'll have a request section any time soon. (sorry)

@lemming; Thanks for the CnC as always! It's very insightful! Do you make graphics yourself?

I was actually annoyed at the loop too. (It's my first time trying the rain effect. I was following a tut.) I don't know how to get it to flow 100% smoothly like they did. It was a different version of photoshop in the tutorial, so I had to improvise half of it. If someone could tell me how to make it smoother, or how to make smoother gifs in general, I would love to know! (I want to get better at making gifs!)

Well, 500 by 220 is the perfect signature size!

I wish I did, but I just have never bothered to spend the time to learn, or pirate legally purchase and download photoshop. Still, I do my best to give CnC with my colorblind eyes and bad fashion sense.

Also try looking at PLGF's tutorial for gifs. It might not help specifically for rain, but he does some really good gifs and if you PM him then he might be able to help out.

As for your request shop, most people will simply want a character or render. So it would be possible, just let them understand that what you make is what they get and it will take whatever amount of time it takes. I'm sure everyone would unerstand :P