New Anime Spring 2013 March -> May Visual Guide

ZeroGG

High hopes (sequels and adaptions to things I've seen manga of)

Arata Kangatari
Date a Live
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S

Girls und Panzer ep 11 & 12

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W

Definitely will watch:

Suisei no Galgantia

Hayate (Well it is a sequel, and just like the first CTMEoY, I'll probably like it, but no high hopes)

Yahari

Hentai Ouji To Warawanai Neko

Jōjū Senjin!! Mushibugyō

I'll try if I hear some good things by about episode 3 or further from a certain forum or 2  (this one is probably one of them)

Photo Kano

Red Data Girl

Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge

Anything else will probably just be sequels to things I haven't watched yet. This season there is less that interest me than last, but it's definitely going to be better.

Edited by Ene

Yeah I plan on watching Hyakka Ryouran: Samurai Bride since I watched the first one in all of its blotness.

Oh and the Synopsis for Sparrow's Hotel on MAL made me laugh, "Sato Sayuri gets hired by a business hotel in the middle of the downtown as a receptionist and a guard. She solves troubles caused by annoying visitors by martial arts and big boobs." Big boobs... They solve ALL the problems!!!

The trailer for Shingeki no Kyojin does look fantastic. I'm looking forward to Valvrave as well, because I am a sucker for Sunrise original mecha anime, a hahaha. Suisei no Galgantia is a must watch, too, because what anime season is complete without one which fills you with utter despair, courtesy of Urobutcher??

Eh not that many interesting anime compared to the winter season for me. I'll be watching Karneval for sure since I've been following the manga and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous. Devil Survivor 2 because Atlus, plus if it's good I'll probably buy the game too. Might watch UtaPri S2 aswell since I sorta liked the first season but I'm not hoping high for it to be awesome.

Some others I'll try for a few episodes:

Joujuu, read 1 chapter of manga and looks interesting so far

Ginga Kikoutai, space stuff

Shingeki no Kyojin, saw a trailer for this

Kakumeiki Valvrave, because Sunrise

Suisei no Gargantia, because Urobuchi

Arata Kangatari, setting looks pretty awesome

Aku no Hana, cause the manga is so twisted and I'm curious how much they'll show in anime form. XD

I'd watch Railgun S2 too since I loved Index but I haven't seen the first season of yet.

I only picked up a single show last season. I typically pick up 4-7 shows every single season since 2007. So that was a first for me. This season is definitely better than last season, but I doubt I'd have time to watch much of these during their actual running season.

Sequels

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku Outbreak - Really enjoyed the When They Cry series, although I haven't watched the latest OVA which everyone claimed was complete fanservice nonsense. I still haven't watched Umineko either... so this will be picked up but it's unlikely I'll watch it during it's runtime.

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Hesitant about picking this up. The first Railgun was utter shit that destroyed character behaviors and development from the original series "Index". Index is a much better show than Railgun, so I don't have much hope for this show.

New Series

Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince - These type of stories seem to interest me. Space as a whole interests me. If you throw in some kind of political propaganda or aliens it can usually be a half decent show without trying much for me. Although this one seems a little iffy.. Not guaranteed to pick it up.

Shingeko no Kyojin - Another type of show that interests me? After the Apolocalpse. This one seems really interesting. Guaranteed pick up.

OVAs/Specials

Gundam Unicorn - Ongoing series.

Movies

Dragon Ball Z: Movie 14 - Battle of the Gods - How much are they going to keep drawing this show out? lol.. Well I'd prefer to hear this in English. The DBZ Japanese dub imo sucks ass. One of the few series where I dislike the Japanese audio completely.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku - A When They Cry movie? Awesome.

I can not express how happy I am about the anime this season.

Shingeko no Kyojin, this is going to be awesome! I love everything about the manga, and I'm hoping I'll love the anime just as much, if not more. :]

Aside from that, I'm looking forward to Yuyushiki, Aiura and Ore no Imouto. I find it a bit strange that there's a Steins;Gate movie since I felt it was wrapped up for the most part. I'll still give it a shot though! Hanasaku Iroha is another movie I will probably be watching. Also, yay for girls und panzer continuing too!

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Hesitant about picking this up. The first Railgun was utter shit that destroyed character behaviors and development from the original series "Index". Index is a much better show than Railgun, so I don't have much hope for this show.

... How about no? How about the fact that it actually shouldn't have had those things since it was before and during Index, not after? This one is going to need to have some though I'd think, considering what it adapts.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2013-03-03/gonzo-makes-leviathan-moe-fantasy-mobile-game-tv-anime

Why not. ._.

• Like 1

... How about no? How about the fact that it actually shouldn't have had those things since it was before and during Index, not after?

Yes Railgun is before and DURING, however my point is the fact that Misaka for instance was like a completely different character. Her behavior, thought pattern, actions, etc.. seemed to suggest it wasn't the same person at all from Index. I hated her in Railgun. The whole season 1 of Railgun seemed more like filler material than anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this posts really made it simpler for me to pick new animes to watch.

Will pick up Shingeki No Kyojin (no explanation needed the trailer is just awesome).

Will try Devil survivor as I love the shin megami tensei games.

Maybe Uchuu just for nostalgia, I wasn't alive when it first aired in japan but was when it was brought to my country (almost 16 years later, talking about lag ;)).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...