Does anything really annoy you?

Dark_Angel13

Anyone who's ever spoken to people has had that happen to them, human beings are odd

I agree completely, but the lengths some of these people will go to makes me lose faith in humanity. It gets to the point where any criticism even constructive will get you banned, what's the point in sharing something you've made with others if you're just going to ban and delete the comment of anyone who points out a flaw? Yes some people will hate on it just because they can, but if someone points out a legitimate problem there shouldn't be any issues.

• Like 1

Anyone who's ever spoken to people has had that happen to them, human beings are odd

I agree completely, but the lengths some of these people will go to makes me lose faith in humanity. It gets to the point where any criticism even constructive will get you banned, what's the point in sharing something you've made with others if you're just going to ban and delete the comment of anyone who points out a flaw? Yes some people will hate on it just because they can, but if someone points out a legitimate problem there shouldn't be any issues.

I agree with you, some people also really cant take critism and think they're completely 100% awesome and that if someone questions that they're wrong lol. Deleting comments and dishing out bans over shit like that is fucked up, it's just a way for pathetic ppl who are wrong to hide their mistakes and/or make them go away

• 1 month later...

One of the fora I lurk around currently has some person posting largely incomprehensible gibberish and turning their nose up at everyone who doesn't understand their horrifically dense and dry posts.

Yes, but opposite can also be a flaw. Western literature was long hampered by a slavish dependence on the poetic theory of Aristotle. Literary theories frequently suffer from pettiness, sterility and moral prescriptivism, compared to the things they criticise, which need not subscribe to any particular set of regulations to be good. It obviously depends on the critic to a large extent - a pedant will view things pedantically, a moralist like a censor. Monique still enjoys her television series, without condeming it on the basis of her femininst philosophy, so I wasn't suggesting that that she errs excessively (though "it's still pretty good" does suggest she is giving it a report card based not on its artistic merits but on how closely it conforms to her philosophy's construction of an ideal work of art). Anyway, I think it inherently wrong-headed to approach any work according to the dictates of an -ism.

I don't think I used any big words, unless you think words like 'pedantically' obscure. (Though, yes, I probably haven't have said 'prescriptivism', which does have the stench of academia.) As for feminism, I did not criticise it in the slightest, though it may have seemed that way when I compared Monique's use of its criteria to the narrow application of Aristotelian literary theory in the past. Dogmatism usually errs, even when it is on the side of what it thinks good - which it always is.

They're also extremely condescending and generally a terrible person.

This annoys me. I am annoyed by people who do this.

This is a forum about a webcomic.

One of the fora I lurk around currently has some person posting largely incomprehensible gibberish and turning their nose up at everyone who doesn't understand their horrifically dense and dry posts.

Yes, but opposite can also be a flaw. Western literature was long hampered by a slavish dependence on the poetic theory of Aristotle. Literary theories frequently suffer from pettiness, sterility and moral prescriptivism, compared to the things they criticise, which need not subscribe to any particular set of regulations to be good. It obviously depends on the critic to a large extent - a pedant will view things pedantically, a moralist like a censor. Monique still enjoys her television series, without condeming it on the basis of her femininst philosophy, so I wasn't suggesting that that she errs excessively (though "it's still pretty good" does suggest she is giving it a report card based not on its artistic merits but on how closely it conforms to her philosophy's construction of an ideal work of art). Anyway, I think it inherently wrong-headed to approach any work according to the dictates of an -ism.

I don't think I used any big words, unless you think words like 'pedantically' obscure. (Though, yes, I probably haven't have said 'prescriptivism', which does have the stench of academia.) As for feminism, I did not criticise it in the slightest, though it may have seemed that way when I compared Monique's use of its criteria to the narrow application of Aristotelian literary theory in the past. Dogmatism usually errs, even when it is on the side of what it thinks good - which it always is.

They're also extremely condescending and generally a terrible person.

This annoys me. I am annoyed by people who do this.

This is a forum about a webcomic.

These are the people who I call PATHETIC! They clearly have no life and just sit there spewing out their own opinions across the internet hoping that someone somewhere will go "HE/SHE'S GOT A GOOD POINT THERE" It's nonsense and really stupid, if you need to spout your opinions that badly or you need validation then buy a dog, it's loyal, it'll listen to your utter stupidity because it has no choice and it'll give you validation by lying all over you and licking your face. Much better then being pathetic I think,.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have to agree that slow talkers annoy me too

^ that guy in particular man he irritates the hell out of me with all the nonsense and non english he spews, but honestly i kid i kid things that irritate me are stutterers and when your reading a good book and someone keeps interrupting you

Lol real nice Ren. I stutter a bit myself and I know it irritates people which is why I usually don't speak

• 3 weeks later...

People who add you on Facebook for no apparent reason, probably just for the friend count. I ask beforehand who they are and they never respond, so obviously I'm going to ignore you.

Have to agree with this, I get so many of these and I'm just left going who the hell are you and why did you add me for... Like seriously..

• 10 months later...