Are you an Artist

Lantern89

I am studying art and would like to share some of my work as well as see and talk about the work of the other members of this forum. please post images of your work and discuss also any tips for improving my work is appreciated..

Here is a piece i was working on a few years ago and also my profile pic. It has reached a standstill any suggestions?

DSC00278.jpg

Edited by Emotional Outlet

It looks really nice, but I don't know what the chain is for. xD I use to be more of an artist.. In fact I use to pay to take art classes every week from a local artist. But I just stopped drawing for some reason, probably a lack of time and ideas/creativity.

Would love to see some other works by you. ^_^

it was created for a student show my third semester in college. It was part of a riders of the apocolypse series i was working on until i sort of lost interest. I used oil paints. the painting is a bit further along than the image shows but i will put up more recent photos later. what u see is mostly the under painting done in burnt umber on canvas. the majority of the work was done in one night with no sleep and i think that may be what killed my interest. Too long time spent on one thing is a good way to get burned out lol

• 3 weeks later...

You really did a good job on these and I do know how long you worked on them. Compared to a few years ago you never even finished your picture but now you push yourself a little harder so you can put the effort into finishing them. I think more people that do drw should post their work here i really enjoy looking at them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats great! :) I have never been great when it comes the writing. I tried my hand a poetry a little while back and in my opinion it wasn't what i would call great so I stick to what I Know best. But anyway art is art so if you would like to post some of your work here anyway i would be glad to read it and I am sure other members would too

wow.... where did u learn the shading.... first of all can it be learnt?????

I just picked up on the shading on my own. Its all about drawing what you see. If you see shadows then draw shadows. Also still life drawing really helps inform your work. When you draw what is in front of you enough it makes it easier to create realistic shading on what is drawn out of your imagination. So in short it can be learned it just takes work. :)

But anyway art is art so if you would like to post some of your work here anyway i would be glad to read it and I am sure other members would too.

She did post some of here work here, two stories and a poem. I really enjoyed reading it.

http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?t=3939

http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?t=4547

http://forums.kametsu.com/showthread.php?t=3940

And your pictures are really amazing Lantern!