Yu-Gi-Oh: Some food for dueling thought.

TallFry

I have a question that you all may be interested in. With the decks that you have, and with the strategies you use, which ones are the most fun for you? I mean, I, myself have used at least five or six decks, and I have some things that I wouldn't mind sharing, but I want to see what kind of strategies the others around here would use. Of course, as is proper, I plan to post my first "fun strategy" in this post.

This strategy is the one that I tend to win most with my current main deck, which, as most people who have seen the list, is a Synchron deck that a lot of people would say is a tweaked Yusei deck. The strategy is something I've named "The Swarming Synchro". It's basically what happens when I usually go about it. I'll formulate my overall strategy based not only on my opponent's strategy, but on the possibilities I have, like most everyone, but the main focus that I'm most prone to going for is rapid, and sometimes simultaneous summoning of Synchro monsters, using the various Warriors and, of course, my signature Stardust Dragon. I've actually been able to really freak people out by bringing out monsters like Road Warrior and Nitro Warrior in a single turn, in addition to something me and passivecj call a "Super Junk" move, in which we tend to bring out a Junk Warrior that has no less than MASSIVE attack points.

around the first and second kametsu tournament I have been using Dragunitys for most of the duels in DN. my stratagie is simple, somehow get phalanx in the grave yard so that I can equip it to dux when I normal summon him to the field...

I use phalanxes eff, sp summon him to the field, synchro for vajrahana something or however its spelled and repeat phalanxes eff and go for stardust in one turn. Then I use trap to sp summon stardust assault mode. But after the new ban list it's been hell trying to pull it off, So.... I use scrapes now, I experimented with it and managed to get a pretty good build, they mostly rely on summoning Scrap Dragon and working around him, Managed to beat dark world decks 3 or 4 times now on DN. so I'm pretty happy with it.

Awesome. I've got about five or six decks on DN (under the screen name "Yuten") that I'm either using to see what I can do with them in real life when I can get them, or are decks that I've just wanted to use. One of them is made to help see if I can help a friend get a good strategy going for her Plant deck. Either way, if you want to have a duel or two(insert extra digits here) I'm open for one.

I tend to enjoy decks that allow me to win in unique ways(My Mill Deck), or decks that aren't based around winning, but are based around screwing with my opponent, because I'm bored and enjoy watching them suffer. I don't tend to win with these types of decks, but they're the decks I enjoy.

Awesome. I've got about five or six decks on DN (under the screen name "Yuten") that I'm either using to see what I can do with them in real life when I can get them, or are decks that I've just wanted to use. One of them is made to help see if I can help a friend get a good strategy going for her Plant deck. Either way, if you want to have a duel or two(insert extra digits here) I'm open for one.

It will only take one duel for victory O:< with my scrap deck I can take down any one who dares stand in my way towards becoming king of games(joking =P). ^_^ my username is Machina kid in DN so if I see you we can duel if your up for it. I have about 2 good decks right now and none of them are Dragunitys. I just made a deck for blue eyes that I've used 2 or 3 times already and won with it ones but it's still better than the others I have, except for scraps.

I enjoy Blackwings, which is weird because I hated them at first. Sure, I had all the cards for Blackwings but I never wanted to play them. But now that the deck requires thought and skill, and anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant, I enjoy it immensely. Blackwings is perhaps the best meta/anti-meta deck no one really plays. It's extremely versatile and can switch gears from a control deck to an OTK deck and vice versa without a hitch. It has powerful swarming capabilities, but it also can hold its own with only a few monsters because the Blackwings all work well together. The only theme with more synergy than Blackwings is Gladiator Beasts. It can Xyz or Synchro if needed, or it can win without having to use the Extra Deck at all. It's also pretty much EVERY deck's worst matchup, because there is no definite way to stop Blackwings.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wanting to make a Blackwing deck for quite some time now. I just don't pull the right cards to make it work/happen. I rarely get the chance to buy cards and when I do get even a single booster, the best thing I get (unless it's a specialized duelist pack) is something I can't even give away. Now that the Crow duelist pack is out, though, I have hope that a Blackwing deck is possible for me. Yeah, it's a supposed "meta" deck, but it still looks like a lot of fun.

I played Blackwings. It takes almost absolutely no thought or skill. It's simply broken and needs to be hit in the next ban list some more. It's the most versatile of the meta. It's been hit before but it's versatility has kept it on top regardless. True it takes a little more thought than Dragunity but that isn't saying much. A lot of the meta requires more thought and skill than Blackwings.

Koby,

Blackwings takes much more thought and skill then you're giving it credit.

This is Yu-Gi-Oh! it never has required much thought at all. Not saying Blackwings require no thought process at all, just saying they are far easier to play than you're making it sound. Their versatility makes it hard to really make any sort of bad play and it also makes it hard to kill the deck as shown with the hits that haven't really effected it at all. Out of the meta, there are several that require a bit more user thought than Blackwings.

• 2 weeks later...

I dislike the rapid metagame, so I've gravitated towards stall/mill/burn/rfg. The stalling is in the form of reaper and the like, burn with lava golems and stealth birds if necessary, mill with whatever is convenient, and rfg to make any milling actually work, and to screw with most archetypes. It sounds like a lot, but is more stall oriented than anything, and can actually work well. I just need to work on eliminating a few dead draws, and it'll be fun and decent. Kaiser colosseum is a killer anti-swarm card, and it makes synchro and xyz virtually impossible if used correctly and protected wit hdark bribes and solemn judgments. I really wish that the more popular decktypes required more thought, because playing against them is just an utter bore unless I'm having fun screwing with their strategies.

Blackwings are kinda garbage right now, I'm pretty sure they haven't topped at a YCS since Kalut was hit. Only the occasional Graveyard-based Blackwings that relies on Vayu summons tops in the OCG, and is almost never seen doing well here. /rant. They are a reasonably easy deck, if you play it like a synchro-spamming rush deck, but you tend to burn through most of your tuners in a short amount of time that way, so it's usually played as a slower-paced control deck, which definitely takes a bit more thought to be effective. Without an early Black Whirlwind, (limited to one) they're typically a joke. All of the new support, with one or two exceptions, has been absolute junk too.

As for my own decks, I tend to run a lot of them, my Dueling Network account probably has 10 or so right now, and I try to delete the ones I never use.

Lately my favourite has been a Nordic deck based on summoning Thor and Odin. Though I plan on testing out Dark World more in the future.

I also hate Burn/Mill/Stall decks, they're basically a single player deck that does nothing but ruin the game for the other player, definitely glad that Konami has done their best to keep it under control.