Favourite Planeswalkers

lemmingllama

Onwards I trek to make Magic more popular in our sadly underused TCG board. But no matter. So what is your favourite planeswalker, and why do you so love it?

Personally, I love Jace, Memory Adept since it works so well with my mill deck. For 0 I can make people mill 10, and his -7 can wipe out the opposing players entire deck.

If you dont know all the planeswalkers, look at the wiki here

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My favorite three are Koth, of the Hammer; Karn Liberated; and Vraska the Unseen.

Koth just makes straight red decks playable again. He animates a creature every turn, ramping the amount of damage you can get through, until you can get his emblem out and turn All of your lands into less vunerable timmys. Sweet.

As far as Karn is concerned, the field is simply a snack to be consumed before he gets big enough to self destruct. Which resets the game minus the "snacks" he regurgitates back onto your field. This may not have been that useful in Standard, but it is amazing in Vintage/Legacy and even sometimes in Extended; where he now resides.

How can you not love Vraska. She makes them sacrifice creatures to stop her growth and makes them want to do so. If her third ability goes off they are simply screwed 90% of the time. Three mini-phages that can be duplicated with everything from Doubling Season to the new Populate mechanic. To round things out, her second ability is an extremely versatile removal spell. In my opinion, she is much more of a consistant threat if put in the right deck than Jace, the Mind Sculptor ever was. AND SHE IS NOT BROKEN.

• 2 months later...

I think my favorite would easily be Jace. I just like his mind reading powers and the fact that blue is control. To date, I own two Memory Adepts and like, three regular Jace Beleren's with different art on each (A Regular one, Japanese One, and a Foil English Dual Deck one).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...