Avacyn Restored

Faronil

Avacyn Restored

It seems here aren't often discussions about Editions or stuff like this, so I start one by myself for the new Edition "Avacyn Restored".

I would like to hear you're opinion about this Edition and the hole Innistrad-block...

My opinion is that the newest Edition "Avacyn Restored" is the best part of Innistrad. The mainidea is quite nice but the first two parts weren't that good so I hope they'll take more advantage from the last part... Until now it looks really good with all the Demons, Angels and Devils.

I do have to say that it is an interesting concept, but really I cant say too much until I draft some and see the commons. However, from what I have seen, I think that this set will be entertaining but nothing special. Miracle is actually one of the more balanced powers that they have come out with, and being able to do 5 damage for 1 red and things like that will be entertaining but will also make your hands less important. Card advantage will be rendered useless if this is being used for standard.

My biggest complaint is the two cost plainswalker. WTF!!!!! Your hand doesnt matter already, and it allows you to destroy the opponent just by getting him out and popping an angel or two. Again, I will have to play it to see but I think that this will be one of the more unfair plainswalkers since his cost actually makes him playable.

I don't think the planeswalker are that good... The only really good about them is that they're so cheap... I appreciate it that each color plays in this Edition really his own way: Black - One man standing; White - Fly high, strike deep; Blue - catch me if u can; Red - Let it burn; Green - can't touch this...

I hope the prerelease is going to be as good as I hope it will be...

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually quite pleased by this set. After going to some of the release events, I can say that this set is a good compliment to the other parts of this block and there isnt anything that is super unfair. I am still a little miffed about the red plainswalker, but it isnt that powerful for any draft or sealed events. Also, YEAH BLUE ISNT THE MOST POWERFUL COLOUR FOR THIS SET!!!!!! Now the best decks are red/white. Oh, and miracle isnt as fancy as I thought it would be

My favourite card out of this set is Cathar's Crusade for sure, basically makes sure that token decks are unstoppable.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In my opinion, the best cards from this set are Cathar's Crusade, Griselbrand, and Vexing Devil. Cathar's Crusade is insane for tokens. Griselbrand gives black the drawing power it has always demanded but never gotten. And Vexing Devil simply gives them the choice to take a beating now or get hurt worse over time. Turn one it is absolutely PIMP.