7 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite MTG color?

• Black
    • Blue
    • Green
    • Red
    • White
    • No favourite

So there are the five colors in Magic, and each has its own special stuff. White has lots of weenies that can be powered up and the best enchantments in the game. Red is all about burn and doing damage. Black is about straight up killing and using the graveyards. Blue is all about controlling all the cards. Green is about big nasty monsters and getting them out quickly. So what is your favourite color and why?

you forgot about the colourless artifact cards & the multi-colour cards! but no I don't think I have a favourite colour in MTG because I have awesome cards in all colours.

Red: dragon tyrant, dragon mage, mordant dragon, dragon roost, dragonstorm, relentless assault.

Green: gaea's liege, ivy elemental, thorn elemental, living hive, xantid swarm, nostalgic dreams, alpha status.

White: avatar of hope, commander Eesha (x2), angel of retribution, rolling stones, beacon of immortality, worship.

Black: anowon the ruin sage, kalastria highborn, hypnox, tomestone stairwell, planeswalker's scorn, diabolic servitude.

Blue: sharding sphinx, rootwater thief, covenant of minds, peer pressure, windfall, stupefying touch and finally my prized possession, my mythic rare planeswalker card: Jace, the Mind Sculptor! I love my Uber-powerful god-like card!

I didnt include multicolor cards simply because there are just too many combinations, so easier to stick to the base five. As for artifacts, they go with anything and are supposed to be only for support rather than being a deck in themselves. And of course there are great cards in all the colors, but normally people tend to favour one or two colors over the others. For example, I like red since my burn decks can kill people without them ever able to have a creature out for more than five seconds. Also, my elf and friends deck for green can get out the strongest of creatures in under 3 turns if done properly

• 3 months later...

I love red for its mana disableing spellcards and the dragons... i got one dragon that get additional +3/+3 for each dragen on your hand. Well every creature in my deck is a dragon..., hehehe :D Did your ever had a creature on the field which had 156/156? thats why i love red!

Guess my best friend would pick artifact as favorite color. He owns a pure artiface deck(yes, even his mana is artifact based XD) with very unique cards... he can add life when ever he wants, or put your hand to graveyard or even control YOUR turn permamently and many more... The only thing that sucks is that he hasnt any spells... but he dosent care cause he can disable spells permamently.

Actually I play already a long time and I got that dragon too ;) I have actually a dragon deck, but I use Red(most dragons), green (mana), and black (returning etc.) for it ^^ -> Jund-colors.(If u know the Shards of Alara block) The Artifacts ure talking about aren't that special ^^ many of them I owe myself. They were original from the Mirrodinblock (the old one) and now remade for the new Edition, that's why now there are much more of these Artifacts in the Decks...

But in the End u cannot say Artifact as favorite color ^^ Even an Artifact deck uses at least one color to obtain the advantages of the color (as Example: My artifact deck is White/Red -> Red Sacrifice Artifacts an making dmg, White rebuild and support my artifacts)

Pure artifact decks dont work unless there is a gimmick to make them work. Personally, the only artifact decks that really work without any coloured spells are myr decks, I do have one that works quite well. But other than that, there really arent that many great options that dont involve colours, and if you say eldrazi then I will scream.

@PLGF, could i ask which card he is using to control the opponents turn? The only card I can recall that does that is blue.

@Faronil Some people dont like red/black since it is all creature based and mainly about just cleaning off the opponents field. White/blue is the most powerful combination right now with standard, since most of the good control and token generators are in these categories. Plus blue/white allows for you to get infinate buffs if you combo properly.

I see ur point ^^ but that's not always the way... of course Red/Black is not always the nice way to win but there are more ways then just creatures or just destroying... Like I have my self-made Black/Red/blue "suffer"-deck that stuns the enemy with cards "Tainted Aether" and let him suffer by cards like "Skullcage".

For Artifact decks: I owe a myr deck myself since the Old Mirrodin-edition (I think the Old Myr-Matrix is a must go in a myrdeck ;) ) and even then I always had at least one color because even if it are only a few spells, they give the deck a high Boost. Mine Myrdeck is my white/red Artifactdeck.

@lemmingllame: The card ure looking for is the Mind-slaver: Artifact for 6 colorless, his effect : 4 colorless mana plus tap it, Sacrifice it : You control target player during his next turn.

Exists in "Nightsteel" and "Scars of Mirrodin"

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ireally do have an affinity for green but I cannot focus on a mono-green deck until they make green more self sufficient. It is the only color that gets left out when it comes to control, its creature removal is nearly nonexistant, and as far as I know there has never been a solid green instant win combo. For these resons I tend to lean more toward red or black for mono color decks. For multi-color I prefer red/green, black/green, blue/green, or red/black/white. For artifact decks I like to use the myr infinite mana combo with red burn spells or a blue/white artifact deck based around Sharding Sphinx and a blue/white artifact creature that becomes bigger and unblockable that I can't quite remember the name of right now.

• 3 months later...

I have two combos i really like :) firstly i have my Green/ White populate deck nothing like seeing your opponents face when you keep spawning 8/8 tokens with vigilance every other turn (depending on the cards drawn/ on the field maybe every turn). And the other deck colors i have is a Black/ Blue deck which is all about the grind milling that being said i once had a 53/53 creature on the field alongside a 23/23 2 manna creature (Wight of precinct six and consuming aberration if you want to know). Atm though im working on boosting the power of my red/ black deck.

Been playing recently and I have to change my mind about my favourite colours. After reworking some decks and creating new ones, my new favourites are blue and black. Blue since I now have a mill deck going, as well as Illusions that ramp faster than green and still with all the removal and board control that blue offers. Black is amusing for the self mill and return to battlefield, plus now that I have more tutors and my Lilliana/Sorin combo, I can really get a deck going.

My change of heart primarily happened due to playing EDH more, since my deck is for the Mimeoplasm. Although there is also green in there, its only for mana.