Random Talk.

Talena Mae

2 minutes ago, idl12 said:

Damn, that sucks, I wish I checked back in more often, some of the people I met here were really great friends, wish I could at least get some of their other social media info. I miss you people!  Also, yeah, I'm alive, unemployed atm but staying positive, saw on Fb that you've been a father for a little while, congrats for that and all the best to you.

Yep, my girl starts Kindergarten in the morning. 😃

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, idl12 said:

The most open ended discussion post is dead lol. How is everyone doing? how's life, what hobbies have you recently picked up? 

tbh discussion died on the forum. No one comes here to discuss things anymore, just to download.

All the discussions happen on our Discord and IRC channels instead sadly.

2 minutes ago, Moodkiller said:

At least they happen somewhere which is nice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I personally prefer the discord and IRC options because it's closer to a group DM. And as far as discord goes, it's more "portable". 

But there is something full-filling about coming to the forum and seeing active discussions to reply to or read. IRC stuff is lost when you log out and you miss out on what is said while you're not there. Forums on the other hand, everything is visible until the day the forum is gone or restarts.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Koby said:

But there is something full-filling about coming to the forum and seeing active discussions to reply to or read. IRC stuff is lost when you log out and you miss out on what is said while you're not there. Forums on the other hand, everything is visible until the day the forum is gone or restarts.

Oh yes for sure. Wasnt trying to discourage, just a personal preference.

IRC stuff is lost when you log out and you miss out on what is said while you're not there

LOL, you know very well there is a way around this :P. What is a pain, is setting that method up and potentially having the hardware for it.

Forums on the other hand, everything is visible until the day the forum is gone or restarts.

Hopefully that day never comes!

The great thing about IRC is that it's a standardized protocol; anyone can write a program or even small script to access it. Compared to most forums which you need a full web browser to access. IRC will be around long after most specific forum software because of that.

..not that that makes it's lack of native history api any better

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, ElementalCards said:

The only way to actually get a better employment is to meet someone who is able to lend you a hand through his or her connections.

I'm going to take this quote and re-post it from time to time to remind people of this because of how true it is.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, the latest Pokémon games are out and I must say, they are the most disrespectful releases ever.  I think I'll pass on those games thank you very much, and just hope that Gen 8 doesn't disappoint me.

First off, who thought it was a great idea (again) to feature the original monsters only? Why is it that Kanto has this dumb rule where newcomers are only stuck using Pokémon native to Kanto? I can forgive the BW games since the sequels didn't continue that trend. But seriously, why??

Abilities are non existent, as well as eggs, held items and some moves. That's many steps backwards to me. And to top it off, the Sevii Islands was not reintroduced, and any post-Kanto Pokémon got the boot. So to me, this translates to "screw you, Kanto Pokémon are awesome and better".

The only plus side I can really think of are gym leader rematches and powerful elite four, Alola forms and Mega Evolution carried over. Other than that, more negatives to me.

• 2 months later...