Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

Finished Eureka Seven. Mah quick thoughts.

Ah Eureka Seven. Was it any good? Yeah I suppose. Were there bad parts? Yeah tons. So let's start. This anime was long... I mean reeeeally long. I felt like it dragged on for quite some time. I also didn't like the "coming of age" aspects of it. Renton was annoying/useless for far too long; Holland was abusive/mean for far too long. Those 3 kids were the bane of my existence. With the added fillers they were able to solidify my negative connotation to the characters since they took so freaking long to "come of age". I mean for example there was probably a good month where each episode had Renton doing something, he messed up, and then got beat to a bloody pulp by Holland. It was like clockwork each time. Now the one redeeming moment of the anime was the Charles/Ray arc. I was really emotionally attached to that part of the series. Anyway back to the bad, the series was just downright confusing. Of course it started to make sense towards the end, but it wasn't really satisfying knowing nothing for literally a whole year. All in all I think they could have cut the series in half, so like 25 episodes. Have the period of time with immature Renton and abusive Holland lessened, and a more direct and clearer plot, and we have a AAA anime.

I recently finished Suisei no Gargantia. It was decent, but I expected a lot more from Urobochi Gen after watching Fate Zero and Madoka Magica. It showed a lot of potential in the beginning, but the plot never picked up. And the villain they introduced at the end wasn't very interesting either.

Planetes, kinda old (1year for decade), had it on my backlog for quite some time and i am actually glad for this, although many ongoing or last season anime are quite decent this one is really good in terms of story, character development and animation, especially considering when it came out and given the fact that its a complete story (aka doesn't leave you halfway wanting more or praying for sequel).

Another batch: "Rainbow", "Strike Witches Movie" and... and... can't remember. Either way all dropped shows. Talking about "Rainbow": too realistic, not my type of story, too rough animation. Talking about "Strike Witches": story; dunno what I expected from it; animation was good, but as disliked TV series regarding story, it was the same and with this movie.

Some dropped shows and one good one. Dropped ones: can 't remember (they were so bad that disappeared from my memory minutes after deleting it). Good one: "The Garden of Words". Very nice animation, rather good story, good characters. Watched it in English dub (and liked it). Slow paced, serious stuff that made my evening better than it was. Let's give it 8/10.

Tenchi Muyo War on Geminar is the most recent completion.

8/10 for the various reasons;

• The video looked kind of blurry/glowing at times (may have been my tv but i doubt it). 
  • The bgm seemed somewhat repetitive
  • Some episodes just seemed like they were for pure fan service, making the story slow paced. (Didn't mind the fan service, just the slow story telling) 
  • Little background info on Kenshi's past. (Haven't watched GXP so i'm not sure if it's related to it) 
Edited by TX_DRO