Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

"Blood Lad". Took some time to finish it, but finally was able to. Well, one particular game was in the way... Either way: very good show. SADLY, it isn't finished. Such a disappointment. First was saddened by only 10 episodes, then by seeing the end, as it turns out there is no end. Second season? Obviously it should be, but hell knows how it will be. Overall can give it 9.5 or so. Pluses everywhere, minus goes to end (or no end; depends on how you look at it).

P.S. Staz + Bell would be better than Staz + Fuyumi

Just finished The World God Only Knows III. Here are my quick thoughts.

You know what they say, third time's the charm. TWGOK III definitely lives up to that. For a 12 ep. series, it was perfect. Every episode had me on the edge of my seat. The 3rd season is really a culmination of everything we've seen so far. All Most of the girls have been conquered so the twist is that he has to conquer them... Again. We already know the concepts and ideas from previous seasons, and now they are executed flawlessly. The ending could have use maybe another episode for maximum impact, but it at least left us with a wanting for another OVA or S4.

The last good one (won't bother to remember bad ones) - "Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaete mo Omaera ga Warui!". Long title... Just superb show. Long time since I saw something so good. 10/10. Main character - just drop dead! Best of the best! Well, at least from previous season. Can't say bad words neither about story, neither about other supporting characters, neither about animation (though sometimes it wasn't very pleasant to my eyes; though yet again without those "hard on eyes" scenes this show might have lacked something). Wish there were second season of this one.

Man... What a wonderful last week. Well, it is "Shingeki no Kyojin" (aka "Attack on Titan") I'm talking about. Can't remember anything so good for past years. Such show comes only once in two years or so. Marvelous, just marvelous. Was hooked up from first episode. Each day was like a torment till evening when could sit in front of PC and watch this show. Everything in it is worth more than 10/10. Splendid animation, wonderful story, marvelous characters. And though ending was not true ending, I was satisfied how they managed to end this first season. With subtle cliffhanger, which calls for more, but will allow me to sleep peacefully till second season comes out... Be it in one, two or more years. Though hopefully, it wont be like with "Claymore". As that would be very disappointing.

EDIT v1: And my last watched short "Recorder to Randoseru Mi" and dropped "Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince". "Recorder to Randoseru Mi" was funny, good and enjoyable. All seasons of it were good. Just sadly it was so short. Nothing to say good about "Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince". Thought at first it to be good, but had to drop after realizing that it wasn't my taste.

EDIT v2: Quite long list of shows: "Servant x Service", Uchouten Kazoku", "Silver Spoon", "Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S", "Danganronpa the Animation" and something for desert: "Shingeki no Kyojin" manga.

Dropped stuff: "Silver Spoon"; "Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S"; "Danganronpa the Animation". Reasons: many, so won't mention them.

Finished stuff: "Servant x Service", "Uchouten Kazoku".
"Servant x Service" was like clone of "Working" just with mature cast. It was in range of my expectations: funny, light romance story. Good show.
"Uchouten Kazoku". Unexpectedly good. Didn't think that I would enjoy it as much as I did. The only slight minus was animation (weird ears really); everything else way beyond my expectations: marvelous story and great characters. Well, maybe some more romance between Yasaburou and Benten could have been shown. 10/10.

Halted stuff: "Shingeki no Kyojin" manga. Manga is not for me, but... Was reading during weekends (two volumes per weekend). Finished at that point where ended anime. Well, can't say I disliked it much, but it was quite boring. Maybe because I just can't stand manga, or because I already knew how, when and why. Either way stopped in hopes that anime will continue (may it be year or two) as not to spoil reading further. But in worst case scenario (say in two years) if anime won't continue, will resume reading.

EDIT v3:  So so my current time spent on anime...A lot of disappointments and only one averagely decent show. "Love Lab". Somewhat managed to finish it. Less than average, but with some very good scenes that just had to see it. Sometimes very funny, sometimes very so so. All in all maybe 6/10 or less. Well, at least as much, if compare to other ones which had to drop after only first episode. And there were so much of them...

Edited by dudefromLT

• 1 month later...

Last week list:
dropped: "Brothers Conflict"; "Amnesia", "Fuse - Teppou Musume no Torimonochou", "Hanaukyo Maid Tai". Reasons: a lot.
watched: "The World God Only Knows" third season (good one; much better than anticipated [better than first and much better that second season]; well, in my opinion story this time improved a lot.), "Minami-ke Natsuyasumi" (it's "Minami-ke"; nothing more can be said about it; good in all aspects.)

Accel World. I liked becuz im into the whole vrmmorpg thing. Also i love the fighting and action. But what ticked me off the series ended kinda loose. I feel that there was more to it. Especially the whole does chiyuri like haru or not. And why did she strip in the 22nd episode? mostly the last thing bugged me.

• 2 weeks later...

Was too lazy to write anything these last two weeks... But time has come yet again to put some effort in contributing some of my time. So... "Hanasaku Iroha movie ''Home Sweet Home''", "Kimi no Iru Machi", and... that's it. Plus a lot of dropped ones.
''Home Sweet Home": so so... Nice animation, somewhat boring story, so so characters. It wasn't bad, but expected a little bit better.
"Kimi no Iru Machi": OVA was better. Though animation in TV version was superior (design of characters reminded me of "Casshern Sins") everything else was lacking something. At first I was hooked up by story and characters, but later on (somewhere in the middle of the show) it become too... serious maybe. Hard to say. Well, in the end my expectations more or less were met.
Hmm... quite boring weeks...

Last on my list were: "Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru." OVA; "Genshiken Nidaime" and... don't remember any other.
"Yahari..." OVA. Low expectations, low result. Show was better. And this OVA... just plainly out of place. Well, didn't serve any purpose. But as it was less than half an hour it didn't bother me too much.
"Genshiken Nidaime". Nice show. Liked it. Somewhat was saddened by the fact that old crew (meaning all of them) wasn't the main center of this show. New faces is O.K., but was hoping more interactions with oldies. Well, despite that, show was good: nice animation, good characters, lovable story. Nice funny scenes and some serious spots made this show equal to previous seasons. Really, wouldn't mind to see and fourth one if that ever showed up.

Black Butler. I thought it was good! I loved the characters and the ending was a real surprise. I watched the English dub, and the accents were a little funny at the beginning, compared to like hearing actual English accents in say, Downton Abbey or Doctor Who.

I think I gave it a 7/10 on MAL.

Edited by poetictragedy

The last one I COMPLETED...that would be Special A.  Thou, it was my second time watching it.  I found it rather interesting...it reminds me of Kaichou wa Maid-sama.  Has a very similar basis.  Rich boy who stays along due to family, indifferent to everyone, who meets a tough girl who does everything with her own strength and yet is never better than the boy.  This makes the guy somehow fall in love with said girl yet she's to dense to realize it and drive the guy crazy cause he is trying to show her how he feels.  Its rather hilarious.  If you like one then you like the other.  I would give a 9 out of 10.

Nyan Koi! - My rating (9/10)

I know most wouldn't give this under-the-radar title such a high rating as I have but I found this series very entertaining.

I liked the comedy and animation style alot, but what I liked the most was the Main Character. Without giving away any plot spoilers I can tell you he is not only funny, but also really nice, outgoing, and not your typical Harem main character(aka a wimp or pervert with no inherant abilities).