Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

"Monogatari Series Second Season" Last one finished. At first was surprised how not bad it was. So after couple of episodes started to have big hopes for this one, but... in the end my hopes were was shattered. I realized: long talks was good in the "Bakemonogatari" as it was something new, something different. But for how long long talks could last? Good for one season, sadly not very suitable for more. Well, at least animation was good and characters too. And I think this season had more action at least. But long dialogs just killed all the fun. Managed to keep with it until reached middle of the show and then... had to give up.

Last show I completed (for close to the 20th time, I believe) would be Pani Poni Dash.  I watch it every night before I go to sleep.  

The premise of this show isn't surprising at all, but somehow I find it humorous.  It's humorous in the way that I wouldn't describe as funny, but rather it's subtle.  It's a bunch of little events happening at once from - mainstream media references to body language to voice inflections.  You gotta really pay attention to discover what the little hidden meanings are within the various scenes.  

And I love the character Miss Ichijou, the class representative.  She's out to kill everyone in the class, but she's still friends with all of em.  

Lucky Star:

Boring at first, but i liked the characters (especially since the english voice actor is the same as Haruhi Suzumiya and they refer to Haruhi a lot). It was a bit like garfield since it is based on a four-panel comic about small nuances and funny moments that you can relate to. Too bad there was not much more content since it was basically a series of skits with a small amount of storyline behind it all.

Episode 22 <3 almost made me cry

Code Geass:

R1 was quite interesting, the main character was great and I felt a real disliking towards Kururugi for ruining his plans.

R2 didn't like it so much at first since they rebuilt the whole show, BUT they did explain it as the series progressed. They seemed to end the storyline a few times then start on something different in R2. Always making new and more powerful weapons, just like in Dragonball.

Psycho Pass was pretty good at the start, very slightly better than I was expecting.

As with most of these things, it wandered off into a below-par disaster by the end. By episode 18 it looked like it was wrapping up the plot with the Big Bad, but nope. Pulled the rug out from under us. 6 more episodes of repetitive shaggy dog story.

The rotating cast of antagonists up until the thing got stuck in stutter mode were enjoyable though.

Long absence of mine. Well, not like I really stand out anyway. Couple of weeks had some huge changes in my life so not enough time either for anime, either for games, either for other stuff. Despite that, found some spare moments for "White Album 2" and "Kyousougiga". As expected: "White Album 2" - bad, "Kyousougiga" - average. First one kept me only for first episode, then had to give up. Neither characters, neither story was to my liking. As for "Kyousougiga"... Well, it was crazy... Good characters, nice animation. Story was confusing at first, though towards the end everything was clear. If compared to OVAs much better, though not as great as it could be.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay now you've got me excited

Can you give me a specific date, few days to me is like 4 or 5 days

It's set to premiere on April 5.

I have 4 anime to rundown. First off: Witch Craft Works

What a surprising anime this was. The reversed roles of prince and damsel-in-distress was something I didn't expect but I warmed up to it. I loved all the characters. Each one had their charm. Tanpopo's voice killed me everytime. The opening and ending were great. I liked it. My only complaint is that Chronoire and Kazane's fight was too short. It could've been nice, although it did caught me off guard when I finally realized what she meant when her favorite meals were powerful witches. I'd definitely watch another season of this series. 9/10

Kill la Kill

Oh my me. Rarely does an anime have me at the edge of my seat. Sure, there are episodes within anime that do the same but for an entire season to do so? That's rare for me. This anime did that. To take something as simple as clothing and twist it to make a story out of it. Crazy stuff. What else can I say. If you watch it, you'll definitely love it. Truly one for the history books and it definitely serves as a spiritual successor to Gurren Lagann. 10/10

No-Rin

The funny comedic one. That's all I'm saying. If you watch it you'll laugh your butt off. I just wish there could've been more expansion to the romance. Maybe some jealousy and all those risque moments you see in other anime. Also, Becky-sensei was a bit......too much. 8/10

Mahou Sensou

Oh wow. To be honest, I have no clue what to say about this anime. I knew that the anime deviated greatly from the light novels but this much was toooo much. First off, animation: wat.

When you see the opening with Eterna spinning around in an awkward way, you know something's going to go south. Song choice was meh. Animation wasn't bad but there were scenes that made me cringe. The last minute quality on the final episode was......ugh. The same was done with No-Rin but that was nothing compared to here.

Voice acting: i got nothing to say here. All the VAs did a marvelous job. Gekkou's voice annoyed me, but that's when I realized that he has the same voice actor as Accelerator.

Plot: plot? What is that? Is that a topping you put on toast? Or a horse's--

The story.....there is no story. It starts off with one thing then goes to another and another without bringing closure to anything. I stood by the anime for the characters, to see what happened between them all. There were so many things left unanswered before the final episode killed it all. Get this(and this is a spoiler): TIME TRAVEL, TIME F*CKING TRAVEL. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! The whole final battle between the G.T and W.B, not to mention the whole concept of MAGIC, MAGIC WARS and all that crap was laughable. It....just...I just.....what?!?

There are so many plot holes in the story but my rant ends here....

Madhouse is a power in the animation/vfx industry, in this case its animation. Its works have placed it among the the top tier of studios, a list spearheaded by ILM. Every studio has its goods and bads. Here we have an example of one of those bads. I was expecting a bit more from this series, considering it was Madhouse. I mean, they're the guys who brought us Summer Wars. That film was rocking awesome!! Sadly, that didn't come to pass. 1/10