Latest Naruto Manga Discussion [Spoiler]

Kyo

yup

The secret of space-time ninjutsu It was an interesting read. However tobi never said he actually took the eyes off the body. His speech makes it sound that he is Obito.?

maybe he is obito and he used this technique to save himself when his right half was crushed

That would NOT explain why he would suddenly decide to become a villain and control the world. At the time of Obito's death, he was still an ally to Konoha, using his last moments to give Kakashi his eye. He had no way of saving himself otherwise he would have simply done so right then and there and gone home. Obito died, any other variation to that is utter crap and would NOT fit the plot without creating all sorts of problems.

At the absolute least, Tobi here has said he got his Sharingan eye from Obito's body.

No, Kishimoto. No. That is complete and utter wrong. Obito's body was crushed, buried underneath a fuckton of rocks. Not only that, but Obito was a no talent, nameless ninja, who had only managed to awaken his Sharingan during that mission where he died. So, Kishimoto, are you saying that somehow Tobi was wandering along and somehow, just somehow knew what powers Obito's Sharingan had? Obito had only just awoken his Sharingan FOR THE FIRST TIME that mission. There is no way at all for anyone to have known what powers it could have had.

Besides, the space-time phase power ought to be a Mangekyou Sharingan power, if it is indeed tied with Kakashi's Kamui. Tobi has not yet been shown to have had a Mangekyou. He has only ever been shown to have had a 3 tomoe normal Sharingan eye, and then a Rinnegan eye stolen from Nagato.

Well, i agree with the majority that Tobi cannot be Obito, but we can't completely deny the possibility that Tobi somehow stole Obito's sharingan. And as for the question why he chose obito, come on guys, one can think of multiple answers but none of them would be perfect, then again none of them would be impossible. I guess we just have to wait to see if something new is revealed which might shed some more light to the topic. After all, there are some other things which we are still not sure of, for example how Madara knew Nagato and why did he expect that Nagato to be the one to revive him. So, i say Kishi still can pull a "Tobi stole Obito's eye" scenario successfully.

Edited by Leviathan

Well, i agree with the majority that Tobi cannot be Obito, but we can't completely deny the possibility that Tobi somehow stole Obito's sharingan. And as for the question why he chose obito, come on guys, one can think of multiple answers but none of them would be perfect, then again none of them would be impossible. I guess we just have to wait to see if something new is revealed which might shed some more light to the topic. After all, there are some other things which we are still not sure of, for example how Madara knew Nagato and why did he expect that Nagato to be the one to revive him. So, i say Kishi still can pull a "Tobi stole Obito's eye" scenario successfully.

No, no he couldn't have. There are two time frames to consider when Tobi could have obtained Obito's eye and neither of them make any sense at all.

1) Soon, as in just after Obito dies and Kakashi and Rin are busy blowing up the bridge. What possible reason could this wander, Tobi, have for taking the eye of a teen boy, who had only just awoken a 2 tomoe Sharingan? That's the key point, Obito only managed to awaken his Sharingan during that mission. It was 2 tomoe, meaning that at most, he had superior reflexes and if he had lived, would have been able to copy jutsu. We know that's what a 2 tomoe Sharingan can do because we were able to see what happened with Sasuke when he was fighting against Haku: after awakening the 2 tomoe, he's able to more or less keep up with Haku's senbon. If soon, how did Tobi know that Obito's Sharingan had the power of Kamui? Even if he knew, how did he obtain the eye? Rocks had crushed Obito's body. The eye would have been a puddle of black goo at that point. Tobi didn't know the Impure Summoning Jutsu, so he couldn't have resurrected Obito and then stolen a resurrected eye.

2) If later, that makes it even more preposterous. If Tobi says that he read Kakashi's mission reports on Kannabi Bridge, then went out to find the body, then obviously what's left of the body would have decayed.

There is literally and I do mean literally no way for Tobi to be saying truthfully his right eye belongs to Obito: it doesn't just create plot holes, it completely disregards the plot entirely. It would be a travesty on the scale of Ultima 9 (watch Spoony's review of Ultima 9 to get a sense of what it means to spit in the face of your previously established storyline).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm going to list out everything that shows Tobi is NOT Obito and does NOT have his eye

1) Obito is a good guy, happy go lucky. His personality does not fit Tobi at all. Tobi intimates in 597 that he hates standing at people's graves wishing for peace: except this did not happen to Obito (and if it did, Kishimoto never showed us). Thus, there is no tragic event, no unhappy childhood that would have turned Obito into a "I wanna ensure peace by taking away everyone's free will" villain. The tragic event couldn't have happened after Kannabi Bridge, because that would entail Obito somehow surviving: if he did survive, why didn't he do so while he was a good guy? He's shown dying with a smile on his face.

2) There is only at most 9 months between Kannabi Bridge and when Tobi tries to steal the Kyuubi. Nine months at most if we take it that Minato Namikaze got Kushina pregnant only after Kannabi Bridge and not before. It could be a week, a day, or nine months. There is no way, in the previously established rules of the Naruto world, that Obito, even if he did somehow survive, would have gotten skilled enough to fight on par with the Fourth Hokage. We've been shown the fight. The fight came down to who was the fastest. If it were Obito, surely Tobi would have taken off his mask to surprise Minato and thus gain an advantage, get Minato to pause for that oh so necessary split second?

Edited by RikuoAmero

As I see it now, the only way kishi can save his neck is by introducing a other dimension/time travel crap. I'm sure that everyone will agree with me that with the recent turn of events in the manga, it is clear enough that Kishi is pointing at Obito or atleast his eyes(both are impossible to connect to the main plot). So other than this(I'm not saying it's a good idea), I can see no other logical decision.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. There is ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBILITY without creating some major plot holes or ignoring everything that happened in the Kakashi Chronicles. Obito was a young boy, who no one even knew had Sharingan as he had literally JUST activated it during the mission that lead to his death. He only even had 2 tomoe as Rikuo pointed out. So it's not like he was developed. Also he was lost on a battlefield, half his body crushed (assuming this would mean his last eye would have been destroyed (aka goo), and his other eye given to his teammate. There is absolutely no conceivable way to make sense of Tobi having Obito's eyes without being a ressurected body of Obito, which also would make no sense at all, even if he was being controlled, because there would be no other reason to ressurect Obito unless the one behind the scenes controlling Tobi has some other connection to Kakashi.

Perhaps Tobi is really Rin? We haven't heard anything about what happened to her. She'd have known about Obito and everything, and she would know the things Tobi is spouting off at Kakashi. Only thing is, I don't see how she would have met Nagato as a child if we can believe the things Tobi has actually said. Most things Tobi has told Sasuke has been truth, but with a little twist spun on it.

Huh...that's new for me, Tobi could be Rin? Let's go through it

Motive - Could work. It is certainly possible for Rin to have gone evil. Her tragic event would be learning that Obito had been in love with her, but she'd ignored him in her own pursuit of Obito. Then, she sees Kakashi wasting away his time standing in front of graves (most likely Obito's, then he later switched to standing in front of the Memorial Stone). This then I guess causes her to develop a belief where she could prevent tragedies like Obito by ensuring peace through mind control.

Means - Strengths and weaknesses here. Tobi has been shown to be a gifted surgeon. So was Rin: she did eye surgery out in the field (while a teen). However, she would still face the same time constraints as the Tobito theory: there is only at most a nine month difference between Kakashi Gaiden and Naruto's birth. In fact, this is worse for Rin: at least with Tobito, no-one in Konoha would have known he was alive. Rin though was alive and thus would have been in contact with Leaf ninja. Not possible for ninja like the Fourth Hokage to suddenly not notice that a girl who was a Chuunin a year before is now equal in combat skills to Minato.

Opportunity - Fails here, as she had no opportunity to obtain Obito's right eye. Obito's body was crushed, and his eye would have become a puddle of black goo. Going later doesn't work, because, if she became evil like I wrote in Motive above, that would have taken weeks or months, and by that time, what's left of Obito's body would have decayed, including his eye even if it somehow wasn't goo. And going later in turn makes the sudden leap in ability even worse.

EDIT: I just re-read what I wrote for Motive and I had to shudder. Let's replace Rin with Sakura, because Kishimoto went out of his way to say that Team Kakashi was basically a cookie cutter copy of Team Minato. Can you imagine just how horrible it would be if Tobi takes off his mask only to reveal a mop of bright pink hair? I'm not dissing either Rin or Sakura: Sakura actually becomes a decent character in Shippuden, but...to have a guy run around being all mysterious, running a shadow group of super powerful assassins, has the power to command fucking giant demons....only to turn around and reveal it was actually a girl who's bitchy because she didn't get laid by either of her work buddies?

Edited by RikuoAmero

the physical part would be posssible that it is obito, because tobi has the sharingan eye is on the right side and kakashi has him on the left side.

but like you sad before it doesn't add up with the story.

its definitely a point to think about, i,m very curious to see what will happen and who toby is

the physical part would be posssible that it is obito, because tobi has the sharingan eye is on the right side and kakashi has him on the left side.

but like you sad before it doesn't add up with the story.

its definitely a point to think about, i,m very curious to see what will happen and who toby is

How? How is it possible? Obito's body was crushed, INCLUDING the eye. Just picture it in your mind, you've got a boy lying horizontally and a ton of huge boulders come crashing down. It is in fact a huge stretch in the story for Obito to be alive long enough to say "Kakashi, take my left eye".

Perhaps Tobi is really Rin?

lol if tobi is rin then why he sound like a man ? I dont believe that any woman will try to kill a little baby (Naruto).

Women can kill babies as easily as men. While for some strange reason I can't recall any real life baby killers who were women, one fictional killer does spring to mind

Gaius Helen Mohiam, of the Bene Gesserit in Frank Herbert's Dune. Frank's son, Brian Herbert, wrote prequel novels, and in one of them, Gaius is ordered to give birth to a daughter to further the Bene Gesserit's plans. However, the first daughter she gives birth to she feels is weak; she callously kills her in her sleep

I still consider it possible that tobi merely collected obito's eye (while tobi's body was pinned under rock, it was never revealed how damaged his right half was, since his right half was never revealed. Also, tobi has been shown as being capable of using earth style with his tunneling like a mole technique during the deidara v sasuke fight). Tobi is also shown to have a vast collection of sharingans in case he needs to replace an eye (or perhaps construct his own 6 paths of pain). Thus, tobi has spent time collecting uchiha eyes (how many he collected during the uchiha massacre and how many he collected prior remain to be seen), so it is possible he used the war to gather sharingan eyes from slain uchiha. The tales of kakashi that made him so renowned would also have indicated to tobi the location of a fallen uchiha (obito).

I get long winded and rambly...

Of course, I'm biased towards this because I am sitting on the theory that tobi is madara's younger brother (who we know has had his eyes plucked, so he has a need of spares, and plenty of them if he could only use izanagi prior to space-time jutsu to bail himself out (only theory)). There are a few ways that could work out, especially if you consider that madara got his rinnegan on his deathbed. He could have used the rinnegan revival jutsu to resurrect his brother, with plans to take madaras rinnegan and implant them in a host (nagato) who would then revive madara. However, I think tobi purposefully is trying to complete the plan on his own because madara stole his eyes. In the anime (not the best of evidence) tobi discusses how madara stole the eyes, claiming it was for the good of the clan, but (should my theory hold a grain of truth this would sting retrospectively) asks how anyone could do such a thing to their little brother. This would also explain tobi's fascination with itachi, since itachi has proven more trouble than he was worth for tobi (preventing any claim against the leaf and trying to kill him), it may be that tobi admired itachi's love for his younger brother.

I still consider it possible that tobi merely collected obito's eye (while tobi's body was pinned under rock, it was never revealed how damaged his right half was, since his right half was never revealed. Also, tobi has been shown as being capable of using earth style with his tunneling like a mole technique during the deidara v sasuke fight). Tobi is also shown to have a vast collection of sharingans in case he needs to replace an eye (or perhaps construct his own 6 paths of pain). Thus, tobi has spent time collecting uchiha eyes (how many he collected during the uchiha massacre and how many he collected prior remain to be seen), so it is possible he used the war to gather sharingan eyes from slain uchiha. The tales of kakashi that made him so renowned would also have indicated to tobi the location of a fallen uchiha (obito).

I get long winded and rambly...

Of course, I'm biased towards this because I am sitting on the theory that tobi is madara's younger brother (who we know has had his eyes plucked, so he has a need of spares, and plenty of them if he could only use izanagi prior to space-time jutsu to bail himself out (only theory)). There are a few ways that could work out, especially if you consider that madara got his rinnegan on his deathbed. He could have used the rinnegan revival jutsu to resurrect his brother, with plans to take madaras rinnegan and implant them in a host (nagato) who would then revive madara. However, I think tobi purposefully is trying to complete the plan on his own because madara stole his eyes. In the anime (not the best of evidence) tobi discusses how madara stole the eyes, claiming it was for the good of the clan, but (should my theory hold a grain of truth this would sting retrospectively) asks how anyone could do such a thing to their little brother. This would also explain tobi's fascination with itachi, since itachi has proven more trouble than he was worth for tobi (preventing any claim against the leaf and trying to kill him), it may be that tobi admired itachi's love for his younger brother.

Dude, Obito was crushed beneath boulders, it's what killed him. If somehow the right half of his body wasn't actually crushed, just stuck, then he wouldn't have died. It's common sense: huge boulder, weighs a ton, partially on top of a small boy. That means that anything under that boulder is squashed, including magical eyes.

You say that Tobi could have heard about Obito from hearing about Kakashi and the famous missions he went on. The problem there is, that even if somehow Obito's right half wasn't crushed, his body would have decayed in that amount of time.

Here's the link to the naruto manga chapter 598: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/598

BREAKING NEWS GUYS, TOBI'S MASK IS NOW BROKEN. We might be able to see tobi's real face in the next chapter. Finally after all this time we are going to see who tobi really is. On the side note Tobi's mangekyo is revealed, and guess what the ability is, yup it's Kamui, same as kakashi's. But does that mean Kishi is going for a "tobi is obito" scenario.....I seriously hope not.

Here's the link to the naruto manga chapter 598: http://www.mangareader.net/naruto/598

BREAKING NEWS GUYS, TOBI'S MASK IS NOW BROKEN. We might be able to see tobi's real face in the next chapter. Finally after all this time we are going to see who tobi really is. On the side note Tobi's mangekyo is revealed, and guess what the ability is, yup it's Kamui, same as kakashi's. But does that mean Kishi is going for a "tobi is obito" scenario.....I seriously hope not.

The images of the manga don't load for me at mangareader, and if I try to click "view image" it gives me a 403 forbidden error. It's as if I've been banned from seeing them. -_-

The images of the manga don't load for me at mangareader, and if I try to click "view image" it gives me a 403 forbidden error. It's as if I've been banned from seeing them. -_-

Here you go http://eatmanga.com/Manga-Scan/Naruto/Naruto-598/ Next week will be orochimaru in action. kishi will jump to that. Gai new name -super eyebrow

Edited by Gedo Mazo

Why would that happen? It works fine for me. Anyway here's links to a few more site's, see if they work:

Manga fox: http://mangafox.me/manga/naruto/v62/c598/1.html

Animea: http://manga.animea.net/naruto-chapter-598.html

Manga Panda: http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/598

Here you go Chapter 598 Next week will be orochimaru in action. kishi will jump to that. Gai new name -super eyebrow

Hey Gedo, it seems the link you provided isn't exactly working the way it should be. Can you check it, if it works ok for you then it means that something is wrong with my server. And that prediction you made, is that just you or did you get the info from a site.