Latest Naruto Manga Discussion [Spoiler]

Kyo

Oh, all these theories on here D:

I love all the people saying "If it isn't explained in the next chapter, I'm dropping the series." .. Because one chapter will fill in all the plot holes, right? One chapter? Okay.

I like the idea of Obito being Tobi, simply because it was fairly obvious that if Obito became a villain, it had to be because of Rin, who is a character I've been curious about. Maybe now we get to know what happened to her. People say it's not a good enough reason, but in the same sense, Sasuke is such a fag with a crappy motive... Also, why do people keep saying "Why would Obito want to destroy the world?"? He doesn't want to destroy the world.

I've been noticing that a lot of Naruto fans who discuss all these theories about how Obito could not possibly be Tobi always add in information that has not been said or even hinted at. It's like they think they know any and all possible scenarios, but they're really just setting themselves up for failure and disappointment. They're so caught up that it can't be Obito, so they dismiss anything that is actually happening in the manga lol

Example:

*Tobi is revealed to be Obito*

"I'm 100% sure it's not Obito, it's just his body"

"Oh, yeah?"

"I'm certain"

I saw the above soo many times, it's ridiculous xD

If people actually spent time making theories about how Obito could be Tobi (rather than trying to disprove it), I'm sure people wouldn't be raging like they are now. But no, who wants that ^.^

I personally don't look into the theories like some others, but one thing I do know is that Tobi is a liar, so not everything we think we know has to be true. This alone could fill in some plot holes. Although, I'm sure if that did happen, people wouldn't like it, even though it would fit perfectly with Tobi's personality.

For now, I'll just keep enjoying the manga. Ya'lls can keep theorizing and raging ^.^

Edited by BlackDahlia

I love all the people saying "If it isn't explained in the next chapter, I'm dropping the series." .. Because one chapter will fill in all the plot holes, right? One chapter? Okay.

I like the idea of Obito being Tobi, simply because it was fairly obvious that if Obito became a villain, it had to be because of Rin, who is a character I've been curious about. Maybe now we get to know what happened to her. People say it's not a good enough reason, but in the same sense, Sasuke is such a fag with a crappy motive... Also, why do people keep saying "Why would Obito want to destroy the world?"? He doesn't want to destroy the world.

I've been noticing that a lot of Naruto fans who discuss all these theories about how Obito could not possibly be Tobi always add in information that has not been said or even hinted at. It's like they think they know any and all possible scenarios, but they're really just setting themselves up for failure and disappointment. They're so caught up that it can't be Obito, so they dismiss anything that is actually happening in the manga lol

Example:

"Oh, yeah?"

"I'm certain"

If people actually spent time making theories about how Obito could be Tobi (rather than trying to disprove it), I'm sure people wouldn't be raging like they are now. But no, who wants that ^.^

I personally don't look into the theories like some others, but one thing I do know is that Tobi is a liar, so not everything we think we know has to be true. This alone could fill in some plot holes. Although, I'm sure if that did happen, people wouldn't like it, even though it would fit perfectly with Tobi's personality.

For now, I'll just keep enjoying the manga. Ya'lls can keep theorizing and raging ^.^

What about me, BlackDahlia? Unlike the other guys here who mentioned something along the lines of a Zetsu clone implanted with Madara's memories, anything I used in my arguments on why it can't be Obito in any way shape or form came from the manga itself, and the databooks.

As for why would Obito want to destroy the world...that's what he's acting towards. Tobi deliberately unleashed the Kyuubi on the Leaf village, the Naruto equivalent of letting off a nuke. He raised an army of 100,000 Zetsu clones and set them loose. He manipulated the Leaf into massacring the Uchiha clan. All extremely hostile and destructive acts.

Kakashi Gaiden was shown to us in the omniscient point of view of the author. It didn't start of as say Naruto and Sakura sitting down with Kakashi for a meal and him telling the tale of how his first Jonin mission went. If that had happened, then you can legitimately argue that some facts as shown in Gaiden could be false. No. What we were shown was that Obito was generally a nice guy, who was jealous of Kakashi, both for his skill and for the fact Rin had a crush on him. Obito then up and gets himself killed, and says to Kakashi "Take my eye".

If Kakashi did in fact get Rin killed, whether directly or indirectly, it doesn't tie in at all with what Tobi is known to have done. So he's pissed at Kakashi getting his crush killed? So he's gonna Kyuubi-nuke the village? He's gonna manipulate a clan completely unrelated to Kakashi in any way into being massacred? He's gonna start a war against the entire world? How are any of those acts related in any way to Rin?

No offense BlackDahlia but I don't think u realize that Tobi absolutely and I repeat absolute cannot be Obito according to the events and date of the manga and Anime. And after I tell u the reasons, I hope u will also understand that without speculating a completely out of the box scenario, we can't explain Tobito theory ever.

I also think that one chapter isn't enough in any way to explain tobito. So we will give Kishi all the time he wants. I won't be going anywhere. But I can tell u right now that if Kishi is in any way clever, he will also introduce an event like the one we speculated on this forum.

U r absolutely right about this part as well. Obito's motive is nothing ridiculous. It's not that he cares about Rin so much as to cause all this. After Rin's death, he realizes what the ninja world has become and he finds his own way to solve it.

Example:

"Oh, yeah?"

"I'm certain"

Now this is where u r dead wrong. Those of us who r making these ridiculous speculations aren't doing it coz we want to, it's coz we have to. Otherwise the story line never adds up. So u r saying that many of the plot holes can be removed simply by assuming Tobi as a liar. Yes, u r correct about that I guess. But that would mean he lied in many cases where he didn't have to. And that would not fit his personality will it coz we have seen that Tobi never does anything without a motive. All right, I will take your word for it. Tobi lies about every little thing he has done. Now then, try to remove these plot holes with Tobi's lying:

1. Let's start with the most common one. The battle with Minato. Explain how in less than one year time, Obito is able to match Minato. No amount of lying could accomplish that I'm sure we all know that.

2. The scene with Kisame. Tobi showed his face to Kisame after mind controlling the 4th Mizukage. These events happened many many years before the start of the Anime when Obito wasn't even around. So explain how he was able to magically appear there.

So can u explain these plot holes without saying that the Tobi in those events were a different Tobi and not Obito. I have no problem believing that the current Tobi is Obito mind and soul but for that, we still need to introduce Madara in these two events coz it is impossible for Obito to be there.

We speculated someone else took over Obito's body not because it would change his original personality or that he wouldn't have a reasonable motive, but because it is impossible for Obito no matter how much training he undergoes to become that strong and that big for that matter in the short time span.

And don't go saying he and Itachi were roughly the same age coz we all know their abilities are miles apart.

That's what we were doing all these time, fixing up kishis pile of plot holes and trying to make Obito fit for Tobi by introducing these ridiculous speculations.

Personally, I have no problem with Obito's motive what so ever. The only problem with Tobi being the actual Obito is that his age, ability and actions doesn't fit the timeline.

EDIT:

Oh sure, there is nothing wrong with his motive. There is nothing wrong with the fact that obito wants to enslave the world and gain ultimate powers just because his crush died. Say what you want my friend, but that is absolutely ridiculous.

Of course there is something wrong with his motive. He is a psycho. What I am saying is that, his motive cannot be regarded as a plot hole. Lelouch and Light had somewhat crazy motives too and that didn't count as plot holes. In Anime, everyone has a crazy self within them and it doesn't take much to activate it. After that, there is no telling what he might do.

Now lets forget about motives. It wasn't my intention to hit on what Black Dahlia believes. I just showed him that even without counting motives and other small details, Obito still doesn't fit Tobi.

Edited by saminyt

What we are trying to say is Rin's death is not enough to turn obito to who he is now. It's like the time when Kubo spoke about Aizen's actions. Kubo said that Aizen became a villain because he was lonely or something, which is completely ridiculous. If Obito got angry because of Rin's death it would be logical to take revenge on the kakashi, not on the world. And Obito doesn't want to destroy the world? Are you kidding? The guy attacked Konoha with the Kyubi, was the mastermind behind the uchiha clan massacre, declared war on all the shinobi nations and wants to enslave everyone. If that is not equivalent to destroying the world, i don't know what is.

I agree that sometimes fans adds wrong infos, now i don't know about other places but in this forum guys like Rikuo and Koby always take care of these things. So i don't see what you are harping about. And about trying to prove Obito=Tobi, you think we haven't tried it yet? Why do you think that the guys here are never accepts it? Because we tried and failed. Age problems, no good motive, etc always stood in the way and finally we said that it can't be Obito. And personally i think that if you can't come up with a theory, you shouldn't comment on one. So unless you can show Tobi=Obito, don't comment on guys who has shown Tobi not equal to Obito. You say that people are so much caught in "tobi can't be obito" disregard the happenings in the manga. I will tell you what happened in the manga, in the manga a fully grown Tobi attacked konoha and fought minato toe to toe only after a few months of the questionable death of preteen obito.

So Tobi is a liar, what does that prove? Nothing. If tobi is a liar then which part of his sayings are we supposed to take as the truth? I know, we will take the parts which haven't been proved wrong as truth, oh wait we already did and the result.....Tobi can't be obito. I will not go on with this point seeing that Saminyt really took care of it.

U r absolutely right about this part as well. Obito's motive is nothing ridiculous. It's not that he cares about Rin so much as to cause all this. After Rin's death, he realizes what the ninja world has become and he finds his own way to solve it.

Oh sure, there is nothing wrong with his motive. There is nothing wrong with the fact that obito wants to enslave the world and gain ultimate powers just because his crush died. Say what you want my friend, but that is absolutely ridiculous.

EDIT:

Of course there is something wrong with his motive. He is a psycho. What I am saying is that, his motive cannot be regarded as a plot hole. Lelouch and Light had somewhat crazy motives too and that didn't count as plot holes. In Anime, everyone has a crazy self within them and it doesn't take much to activate it. After that, there is no telling what he might do.

Now lets forget about motives. It wasn't my intention to hit on what Black Dahlia believes. I just showed him that even without counting motives and other small details, Obito still doesn't fit Tobi.

Oh, it seems that we have a misunderstanding, i never counted obito's motive to be a plot hole, just complete BS, that's all. Before revealing obito's motive we would joke around saying "maybe it's because his girlfriend died" and imagine the shock when you see that joke come true. We can't actually call it a plot hole as it really doesn't create holes in the plot, it just ruins it up.

i was expecting this chapter to be more dramatic with kakashi crying and suff.

Well didn't Guy stop Kakashi from becoming emotional? To help Naruto?

Also I can't see Naruto, Bee, Guy, and Kakashi beating Obito and Madara. Considering they were having a hard time with just Obitio. Especially since Madara has apparently beaten all 5 Kage himself.

I feel these next few chapters are gonna be intense. Can't wait till the animation is released.

hehe so madara was the one who saved obito that means he probably brain washed obito using his sharigan :3

I think obito story will end same as nagato :D.

I am still wondering how kabuto knows about obito ???

Re: Kabuto...could be as simple he had suspicions and decided to see what would happen if he tried to summon the real Madara Uchiha. Once that worked, it confirmed for him that Tobi was not Madara.

hehe so madara was the one who saved obito that means he probably brain washed obito using his sharigan :3

Re: Kabuto...could be as simple he had suspicions and decided to see what would happen if he tried to summon the real Madara Uchiha. Once that worked, it confirmed for him that Tobi was not Madara.

If what u r saying is true (kabuto is not sure about tobi as obito) then how he threaten tobi by summoning a grave (most probably rins :D) ?

Edited by amitkumar101

If what u r saying is true (kabuto is not sure about tobi as obito) then how he threaten tobi by summoning a grave (most probably rins :D) ?

Umm...what? No, at no point was it shown that Kabuto knew who exactly was behind Tobi's mask. All he knew for certain was who it WASN'T. He threatened Tobi (it's been shown in the manga) by first summoning five members of the Akatsuki and then summoning a sixth coffin, which held the real Madara. No, Kabuto wasn't sure about Tobi as Obito, he just wasn't sure that Tobi was telling the truth when he was running around saying he was Madara.

Here's the link to the naruto manga chapter 601: http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/601

A few things happening in this chapter here. First of all it seems madara successfully defeated the 5 kages and is now going for the tailed beasts. But the most interesting thing happened in the last page. It seems madara himself saved obito, but maybe just not the way we have imagined up until now. Guess we will just have to wait and see what kishi does now.