Could a Final Fantasy VII remake be on the way?

The Joker

The dreams of fans who’ve waited and hoped years without avail might just come to reality next week at E3, at Sony’s press conference, where it is believed Square-Enix, who’s hurting right now, will announce the remake of Final Fantasy VII, and that it could even be a PS3 exclusive.

A "Friend" close to PSX Extreme have told the site that the publisher will be present at Sony’s press conference to make an announcement that’s “remake” related, so to us, this could only mean one thing: Final Fantasy VII remake coming to PS3.

Source - http://www.psxextrem...-news/9172.html

This rumour has deinately got me interested in E3 (alright, more-so than i was before, if that was even possible). Fingers crossed my friends, the moment we have wished for could be just around the corner!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not excited at all.

1. If they make a remake they will screw it over like everything else they have worked on since Square-Soft and Enix merged.
  2. Final Fantasy VII was my least liked Final Fantasy before Final Fantasy XI, Final Fantasy XIII, and Final Fantasy XIV were made.

I just don't feel like they can honestly remake it with better graphics without the urge to fix something that isn't broke and in the process ruining the remake for all the fans who actually did enjoy this game. This game has a cult following and thus if they screw it over as much as their past endeavors it could really spell the end of the company as a whole.

True, FF-VII has a cult following, and most of the "fans" out there say that VII is their favorite. So, this is make it or break it time for SE.

Will the remake be good? We'll have to wait and watch.

Will it sell? Definitely. I mean, if a game as "un-gameable" as XIII can sell that much, the sales of a "strong graphics, advanced PS3 HD version" of a popular cult game will sell at least 10 times as much.

That said, the "fans" who absent-minded-ly buy them aren't as strong a support to the FF franchise as the fans who truly loved the series and got everything started, the ones who bought the first FF-IV when it hit the stores instead of looking at it, shrugging and thinking - "Meh, deformed japanese guys."

If you ask me, I'm somewhat disappointed. Instead of trying to add more to the "Compilation of FF-VII", like what happened after the second Sephiroth coming and what happened to Genesis, they've resorted to re-making it with "cool graphics".

I hate to say it but if SE blows it one more time, I'm not gonna stay with the FF franchise anymore. They've already started selling "Sephiroth-scented candles". It's obvious that it's nothing more than a merchandising item to them.

Even if they screw it up, I would play it, I've completed FF7 more times than I can remember, it's my favorite in the series, long as they don't screw Cloud's character up like they did in the abomination called Advent Children that has everyone think of "emo Cloud" whenever they think FF7 even though in the original game he was far from emo, then all of a sudden in AC he just makes you feel like cutting yourself, that would be the only thing that could piss me of to the point of saying "fuck it". Otherwise I would play it, I've played/viewed everything that has to do with FF7 so far, so I won't stop now, If the remake sucks, I'll always have the original to fall back to.

Even if they screw it up, I would play it, I've completed FF7 more times than I can remember, it's my favorite in the series, long as they don't screw Cloud's character up like they did in the abomination called Advent Children that has everyone think of "emo Cloud" whenever they think FF7 even though in the original game he was far from emo, then all of a sudden in AC he just makes you feel like cutting yourself, that would be the only thing that could piss me of to the point of saying "fuck it". Otherwise I would play it, I've played/viewed everything that has to do with FF7 so far, so I won't stop now, If the remake sucks, I'll always have the original to fall back to.

Definitely the Ps1 or the Pc versionI honestly I wouldn't mind if all they did in the remake was leave everything gameplay wise as is, all the game really needs imo is some updated models. 3d backgrounds and maybe a different camera angle, screw voice acting, hell they could even leave the "This guy are sick" typo intact, the battle system and other mechanincs were perfect as is, albeit a little too easy at times.

My Opinion take FFX's battle style/graphics and just make it FF7. I don't want the new battle system that they have in FF13 or 12 i like the old school one. SO im all for a graphics update just dont change anything, if anything add more stuff to it.

Edit: Plus the site says nothing of a FF game. Square has a bunch of classic rpgs it could remake.

• 3 weeks later...

After SE's initial fail launch of FFIV, I wasn't completely shocked to find out Sephiroth scented candles are real. It just goes to show they wanna sell their products REAL bad.

FFVII was a pretty big milestone. If SE does go through with a remake and fail, then Koby's statement about the end of the company would be dead-on. The only possible way they could screw up is if they approach it thinking they have to "fix the game" when it isn't broken. Updated graphics would probably suffice.

I disagree with that, Advent Children is the bane of the FF7 series and is what caused Cloud to be branded as an overrated emo by people who saw the movie and never finished the game, sure it looked nice and was overall a good ,watch but they screwed up the personality of the main/most important character, that's just not cool.

I disagree with that, Advent Children is the bane of the FF7 series and is what caused Cloud to be branded as an overrated emo by people who saw the movie and never finished the game, sure it looked nice and was overall a good ,watch but they screwed up the personality of the main/most important character, that's just not cool.

• 1 month later...