Could a Final Fantasy VII remake be on the way?

The Joker

FFVII is my favourite game in the whooleeee wideeee world!!!!! Haha safe to say I am a fan.

The thought of a remake will excite me to no end, but scare me as well. As many has said, why change something that was perfect. A part of me wants to play it again with even better graphics (drooling while imagining all the bahamuts and limit breaks!!!), but I am worried they will actually mess with the storyline!! If they did, I would be super dissapointed.

But most recently, I read that SquareEnix claimed that they were not going to make a remake, and that it was just a short demo to showcase the graphics potential of the PS3.

Arrghhh.....I don't know what to hope for!!!! Nah, I do, remake it!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Well, it wouldn't be bad if the fighting mechanics of Dissidia will be use on ff7 remake.

Well said. I also agree that if they were to change the battle mechanics at all us old fans who loved the original will fly off the handle and begin to resent the franchise(if you dont already).

Well said. I also agree that if they were to change the battle mechanics at all us old fans who loved the original will fly off the handle and begin to resent the franchise(if you dont already).

Qft.

I really don't see a need to re-do the game. It's fine as it is. Besides, to remake the game and then try to sell it; they would need quite a bit of funding just to update the "graphics" and the profit that they would make from the remake would probably narrowly make the effort of doing it worth questioning.

Qft.

I really don't see a need to re-do the game. It's fine as it is. Besides, to remake the game and then try to sell it; they would need quite a bit of funding just to update the "graphics" and the profit that they would make from the remake would probably narrowly make the effort of doing it worth questioning.

This is Square Enix we're talking about here. They could take a dump and still get gold off of it. If they do remake 7, they're probably going to release it as a download only title just so they don't have to hassle with hardware, and probably make even more money off of it. They have the script, voices (from the movie), and more than likely the frames and programming bits leftover. Would be that hard to animate certain scenes and throw in the voice actors.

I don't even really want a remake of 7, I just know that Square isn't a bunch of idiots, they know the demand for a remake is high, they're just figuring out when to start on it.

• 2 weeks later...
This is Square Enix we're talking about here. They could take a dump and still get gold off of it. If they do remake 7, they're probably going to release it as a download only title just so they don't have to hassle with hardware, and probably make even more money off of it. They have the script, voices (from the movie), and more than likely the frames and programming bits leftover. Would be that hard to animate certain scenes and throw in the voice actors.

I don't even really want a remake of 7, I just know that Square isn't a bunch of idiots, they know the demand for a remake is high, they're just figuring out when to start on it.

Someone should set up a poll for this(^_^)

• 3 weeks later...