Could a Final Fantasy VII remake be on the way?

The Joker

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

IMO Square Enix needs a VII remake to reinvigorate the franchise. I'm getting tired of how oversaturated the market has become with mediocre FF spinoffs (BC being a huge exception). now we have sequels (X-2 and now XIII-2), which honestly just feel like SE said "wait wait, do over!". Maybe remaking a beloved title like VII could turn out to bring something back. I feel like SE is losing it's touch, the magic is fading. It's getting harder to buy each installation when the quality is dipping.... but I digress

• 1 month later...

They won't remake this game.... It would be a waste of time and money. Many people have played FF7, fell in love, moved on and realized it was just a crap rpg and the only reason it created so much buzz is because it was the first fully 3d rendered rpg that wasnt complete garbage.

Don't get me wrong FF7 story was great, but times are moving on and new stories are what real RPG gamers want to immerse themselves in... just my opinion please dont flame *shields eyes*

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, the thing is, the remake has been announced. They're just completely ignoring the project. Final Fantasy VII: Jenova's Rebirth was announced in 2010 with a late 2012 release date. Of course, we all know how well that must have worked out. Chances are, they haven't programmed anything beyond that first mako reactor.

They have better tech now, but because they're spreading their staff thin over so many different projects, they don't have nearly enough manpower. Therefore, the more sensible thing to do is to put the colossal project on the backburner concsidering that it isn't absolutely necessary, while other projects like The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, and Xenoblade were completed, were wildly successful, and then not made available in North America because everyone at Square-Enix seems to think that all Americans want all their games to be like Call of Duty and Dragon Age. Which is extremely foolish thinking because Dragon Age was a rather typical RPG and nobody wants to see anything that could ever possibly remind them of CoD because the entire series has gone downhill since the second game or so. (Not sure, never played them). There will probably be a second coming of Final Fantasy VI at some point. It's just not going to happen any time soon.

Frankly, I'd pay to get a remake with no updates at all except for adding voice acting.

Also,

They won't remake this game.... It would be a waste of time and money. Many people have played FF7, fell in love, moved on and realized it was just a crap rpg and the only reason it created so much buzz is because it was the first fully 3d rendered rpg that wasnt complete garbage.

Don't get me wrong FF7 story was great, but times are moving on and new stories are what real RPG gamers want to immerse themselves in... just my opinion please dont flame *shields eyes*

Don't flame? :haha:

But you're calling it a crap RPG. You're literally begging people to flame you by saying that in this kind of thread.

Also, keep in mind that there's a younger generation of gamers who haven't played it yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I highly doubt they'll ever remake FFVII. The people at SquareEnix have stated numerous times that it's not possible to remake the entire game with high quality graphics available today, it'd take up too much space. Yes they could remake it with lots of material cut out and with lower quality graphics (say, FFX quality) but they're afraid something like that wouldn't live up to people's expectations and would lose them tons of money. They've built up the FFVII world so much by this point, they wouldn't want to do anything less than perfect.

• 3 weeks later...