Favorite RPG?

Nutz

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
I have to say Demons souls. I cant stand turn based rpg's. Lacks the combat realism i desire. Demons souls on the hand, SPLOOOOOOOOOGE

That's what action games are for. The RPGs that are not turn-based aren't true RPGs. They are considered Action-RPGs and to be honest I am sick of them. We do not have any true turn-based RPG's on this generation of consoles. All we get are movies pretending to be games (Final Fantasy XIII), etc. Though some say Dragon Age was actually great, I haven't had the chance to play it.

That's what action games are for. The RPGs that are not turn-based aren't true RPGs. They are considered Action-RPGs and to be honest I am sick of them. We do not have any true turn-based RPG's on this generation of consoles. All we get are movies pretending to be games (Final Fantasy XIII), etc. Though some say Dragon Age was actually great, I haven't had the chance to play it.

/Patpat. Earthbound my friend~ Or more like, MOTHER 1 & 2! YEEEEEEEAH. *Turns Green* HULK SMASH!

Jokes aside I loved Mother. Good series. Classic humor, overall great storyline; and even though I've had to use the fan translation to play/beat Mother 3, I enjoyed it and am dying for the day the words"Mother Remake!" come out of Nintendo America's mouths.

Ness is the only reason I keep a baseball bat underneath my futon - in case I need to beat the !@#$ out of a Starman and start an adventure to stop Gigyas.

Well, let's see, I like many RPG games. I'll say one of my favorite Console-Style RPG would be The Legend of Dragoon baby. You could addition attack, more then you could attack one. Kind of like Final Fantasy XIII except you could make a final move like "Double Slash" from Dart the main character for instance. You could morph or transform into the Dragoon like morph into Power Rangers. You get better strength. So, that's one of my favorite RPG games. Check that game out, it's only for the PS1, it's awesome and has excellent story as well. :happy:

My favorite Rpgs would have to be Chrono Trigger(I listen to the awesome Ost almost daily), followed by the Golden Sun series in a close second, I've also enjoyed any tales game I came across, It's a shame that more of them aren't localized and I've had to depend on fan translations for a couple of the really good ones(Phantasia and Innocence.)

The only FF game I would consider my favorite is 7.

I'll try anything non-turn based, as I can't stand turn based. I guess that doesn't answer the question though.

Favorite RPG for console - Jade Empire

Favorite RPG for PC (and my favorite game of all time) - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (heavily modded of course)