Favorite RPG?

Nutz

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I love games with time travel based stories, I don't know why but they stick in my head more for some reason. Because of that I've always loved Chrono Trigger and DragonQuest VII which has a lovely scene part way through the game where you childhood friend decides to stay with a woman he falls in love with in the past. When you return to the future and go back to your hometown you can find a message in a bottle that tells you about the great things he did in his life.

Special mention goes to DragonQuest V whose storyline follows the life of one character through 3 generations; when he is a child, as a young man, then as a father with two children. I liked the fact that you essentially controlled him his entire life. The twist at the end also sticks in my mind. Pick it up if you've got a DS.

Legend of Dragoon on the PS was amazing.. The graphics were good for it's time, the cutscenes were way better than anything I'd seen on a console before that. Combat was actually fun! Everything about the game was simply awesome.

For a newer game... Right now I'd have to say Dragon Quest 6 DS remake, or Dragon quest 8 on the PS2.

I would say Dragon Quest 5, but the time between wedding and birth was less than a whole in game day for me.... I spent a little too much time leveling before that point... So it wasn't realistic.

If you want an older RPG than Dragoon... Dragon warrior 4 on the NES. Not sure if it has been remade on the DS or not... But the multiple chapters and inter-connecting story arcs was fun for me.