Gun Control

Vivi Kailo

Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Should this be allowed ONLY for the ones who keep the peace (Military, police, ect.) or to the everyday people as well?

I guess it depends on what you do with the weapon. Whether you use it to protect yourself, or to cause another person harm. My family owns sharp and dull swords, a crossbow and sharp and dull bolts, bows and sharp arrows, but we don't use them on anyone. The most we use them for is archery practice in a clearly marked area (only a blind, deaf moron would miss it) and ONE sword to explain to interested people about how a weapon would affect someone with a certain amount of force. That sword is only sharp from the tip to about 6" from it. The rest is completely dull. (No, we do NOT use it on people, we use it on deerhide) Now some people out in the world will take these weapons and use them to kill others, but that is why there are police and military people out there with them, to stop them from trying.

My family and I own several guns. My dad alone owns close to 50 or more. I see no reason to prevent people from being able to have them. Well maybe in public there shouldn't be. But see my dad goes hunting like for deer, doves, turkey, hogs, etc.. Taking away his guns would be like taking away someones fishing pole. O.o

The thing is; you never know who is going to use it for bad things, and thats what scares people. But this is a free country or it's suppose to be anyways (although it doesn't seem like it), and people should be able to have weapons if they wanted. Some people only have them as collectibles, maybe something their ancestors have had and passed on, etc..

Quite true, Koby, no one can tell who's going to use a gun/sword/whatever to kill someone. I wish we could but we can't. Then again there is the saying: "Everything is a weapon" which is true. I could take my keyboard and use it to beat you senseless, or I could use it to type an important email. And what's really sad is the fact that people are BANNING guns and such. HOW STUPID ARE YOU?! In Australia they had banned guns, then they banned swords and knives because they had people killing others with them. Guess what Australian government! Just because they're banned, doesn't mean it's gonna stop! And if you take them AWAY, they'll use rocks and sticks, which brings us back to "EVERYTHING is a weapon"! (great, I'm talking to my computer)

LOL, very true. A couple years ago this kid came to school and killed someone by stabbing them with a screw driver. They going to ban all tools? If they did then it would prevent anyone from working on anything.. So yes, it's the same they shouldn't ban guns or swords. It's like.. if I student stabbed another kid with a pencil or other writing utensil would they ban it? NO because we NEED those things.

• 2 weeks later...

I have always been for guns, really. They do serve more good than bad. I had to do research on this once for English class, so really I know what I am saying here. Crimes went down in this one area because the citizens were able to carry guns with them. Yes, accidents will probably occur and if the parent worries about the child finding the gun, well they just need to be a more responsible parent, then. I am against fighting and killing, but I do believe we should have the right to have a better self defense than kicking someone in the nuts so to speak. Haha

umm, well i dnno if i t's enacted in the u.s , but they should limit only semi-automatic weapons to civilians. Why would civis need automatic weapons to protect themselves?

*bang* there goes his kneecap, and Voila! they've protected themselves.

i dont mind not having a weapon though. never had anyone have any trouble with me.

i like how most people here are against death, but are for guns. guns are tools that people usually use to harm someone (unless when hunting). IMO anything less then a .50 cal. non auto pistol should only be allowed to citizens, but law enforcement can use rifles when needed. hunters can have rifles, but with small magazines.

Yeah, my ex-step grandpa (the bastard, sorry for cussing) owns alot of illegal and "hot" (bought from others who'd stolen them and he knew when he bought them) fully-automatic MK47's, etc.. or w/e. So its possible to get them, but the US tries to keep them away from civilians.

• 3 years later...

well one thing that you don't have to worry about here is AUS is getting shot the gun laws here are crazy it's like 1-2 guns for 1 person and you need a really good dam reason to have them. I'm pretty sure you get 10 years for have 1 illegally so know one here dares risk it. knives on the other hand...

Knives on the other hand are the weapon of choice for the youths in australia... not to meation the drunken dickheads (sorry for cussing) they go out to clubs and decide 'hey I may get attacked so I will bring my knife to protect me" then the fools go get drunk then pull the damn things out and start the ******* fights -.-

ehh i live in america in the middle of redneck country where you drive along the rural areas and see shotgunned stopsigns, why? cuz someone was bored one day one of my classmates skipped school to hunt shows up at school and shows his kill off, the principal smiles at him and says, "now that is a nice kill student but if you bring a gun onto my campus again i will have you arrested" the idiot forgot to stash his gun at home first and it was in the bed of the truck -_-

In Canada we have pretty strict gun laws. some people own rifles and whatnot for hunting and that kind of thing. But having laws against it doesn't prevent it from happening. I've known a few people who own guns, and an acquaintance of mine was shot and killed, so the laws don't really prevent much if you have the right contacts.

Personally I'm not for or against gun control. I just think gun owners should be responsible.

In Canada we have pretty strict gun laws. some people own rifles and whatnot for hunting and that kind of thing. But having laws against it doesn't prevent it from happening. I've known a few people who own guns, and an acquaintance of mine was shot and killed, so the laws don't really prevent much if you have the right contacts.

Personally I'm not for or against gun control. I just think gun owners should be responsible.

To quote many a person.

"Gun's don't kill people. People kill people."

Pretty much, it's the irresponsible people with guns that need controlling or need to have their rights removed (it's just impossible to tell who these people are until it's too late).

But if the person is responsible enough you won't have any problems.