DrumRoll

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

a1dgjunraml._sl1500_.jpg

This year's 25th issue of Kodansha's Weekly Shōnen Magazine is announcing on Wednesday that a second anime film of Hiro Mashima's Fairy Tail manga has been green-lit. The magazine is unveiling imageboard art that Mashima himself drew for the film. The upcoming issue is also publishing two chapters of the manga (it is the fourth issue in a row with two chapters), and it teases "the series' biggest shocker ever! A development you absolutely can't miss!!"

The manga follows the adventures of world's most notorious mage guild, Fairy Tail. It already inspired two television anime, several original video anime projects, and spinoff manga. The franchise's first anime film, Fairy Tail the Movie: Phoenix Priestess, opened in Japan on August 18, 2012.

Del Rey published the first 12 volumes of the original manga in North America, and Kodansha resumed publishing the manga in English with the 13th volume in 2011. Crunchyroll streams the ongoing television anime into several countries as it airs in Japan, and Funimation has been releasing DVD/Blu-ray sets.

Source

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-15/fairy-tail-manga-gets-2nd-anime-film/.88197
  • Like 1

Still need to watch the first FT film, and I'm not very far in the anime but so far love the heck out of it. Took me awhile to get into it at the start, though, but it does suck you in with the fun characters. 

Ditto. I'm caught up on the manga, but I have a lot of catch-up to do on the anime. And to see the first movie. And OVAs. Among other stuff.