Fairy Tail

DrumRoll

So I've just found out that the dub for Fairy Tail episodes 176-187 will be released on 6/30/15.

So seems FUNimation is finally going to start releasing the new series. However that's just their streaming service.

The actual Blu-ray/DVD for Part 16 will be released Aug 25, 2015.

• Like 2

I had just finished with everyone coming back from tenrou island and I heard about the anime filler arc Key of the Starry Sky arc,Is it something I can skip and come back to or is it important to the actual story?ive only just watched one episode from the arc and it was kinda boring.

One thing worth watching in this arc is the Gildarts scenes, which are rare. It was pretty decent but you can skip it. It has some Lucy backstory and some familiar faces from the Edolas Arc returns to join the fun.

SPOILERS!

Also, this arc reintroduces the Oracion Seis after the 7-year time-skip much earlier compared to the manga, which I think is kinda stupid because it kind of lessen the impact of Cobra's return in the Grand Magic Games Arc.

Edited by Gwapogi

I liked some of the filler arcs, I just find fairy tail becomes tiresome without them. It breaks up the endless against all odds fighting

I find that Fairy Tail just gets tiresome regardless. The canon up until the Grand Magic games just seemed like filler material as-is, so the filler was just that much worse. The show as a whole just takes ideals from other better shows, hell Gildarts is pretty much straight out of One Piece (Shanks).

The main reason to watch shounen series such a Fairy Tail is for the fights, and unfortunately Fairy Tail often just glosses over this, jumps around then finishes with some come from behind win. Hell after the 7 year timeskip, everyone had 7 years to get stronger while the main crew was stuck in time. They come back and Natsu nearly loses to one of the weaker guys, only to three months later with no training still, kicks Stings and that other 3rd generation Dragon Slayer like they were nothing. It's things like this that just doesn't really make Fairy Tail seem that interesting or even have any significance or depth (not that most shounen have any depth to begin with though...).

I still enjoy the show for what it's worth, but I'd classify it as more low-grade comical than I would a shounen.

I liked some of the filler arcs, I just find fairy tail becomes tiresome without them. It breaks up the endless against all odds fighting

I find that Fairy Tail just gets tiresome regardless. The canon up until the Grand Magic games just seemed like filler material as-is, so the filler was just that much worse. The show as a whole just takes ideals from other better shows, hell Gildarts is pretty much straight out of One Piece (Shanks).

The main reason to watch shounen series such a Fairy Tail is for the fights, and unfortunately Fairy Tail often just glosses over this, jumps around then finishes with some come from behind win. Hell after the 7 year timeskip, everyone had 7 years to get stronger while the main crew was stuck in time. They come back and Natsu nearly loses to one of the weaker guys, only to three months later with no training still, kicks Stings and that other 3rd generation Dragon Slayer like they were nothing. It's things like this that just doesn't really make Fairy Tail seem that interesting or even have any significance or depth (not that most shounen have any depth to begin with though...).

I still enjoy the show for what it's worth, but I'd classify it as more low-grade comical than I would a shounen.

Well, I have to agree that the ''power levels'' of Fairy Tail are often surrounded by mysterious unexplained ''plot holes'' that make it hard for the fans to comprehend them. That is a complaint I have for the series also.

It's the comedy that I think I enjoy the most, just some of the episodes when they have a break from fighting and end up doing other things (mainly arguing). I thought the love potion one was great and a lot of the early ones were it's quite light hearted with Natsu, Happy and Wendy doing missions.

It's the interaction between the characters that is the draw for me rather then long-winded world critical story arcs, although I did enjoy the Grand Magic games episodes

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

0V9LzEe.jpg

This prequel series depicts the founding of the Fairy Tail guild. Many years ago, Mavis Vermilion was a servant on Sirius Island, mistreated by a guild master and his daughter, Zera. But Mavis stayed positive, because her mother once told her that fairies never visit people who cry about their problems. When the guild came under attack, Mavis pulled Zera from the wreckage into the forest. Seven years went by, and the powerful wizards Warrod Sequen, Precht, and Yuri Dreyer arrived on the island, seeking a powerful jade gemstone. This journey would change the course of magical history.

Funi           MAL

yes i know this is part of the main show but i wanted somewhere to just talk about it

please no spoilers for main show as some people may be watching this before the last arc as its getting dubbed first

Edited by Pikanet128
  • Like 1

I'm personaly a big fan of FT Origins, this is a much more coherent way to tell it rather than pointless random flashbacks within the main arc's, so yeah I think this is a good way to change things up..

On a slightly more irrelevent note, Fairy Tail as a whole has seemed to learn from the mistakes Naruto Shippuden, Bleach and One Piece have made with Flashbacks and pacing, I just tried to binge Naruto Shippuden DUB 313-322 but for the life of me I just can't stand fillers woven into main battles and annoyingly pointless origins that reveal pretty boring and childish stories about characters that feel a bit forced and it just continues forever... Sometimes I continually question why blood and carnage is paired with such childish voice acting/plot's and ''eeemotions''

Fairy Tail has succeded here by keeping its episodes either canon or filler and no in between... Much better I say, and for FT Zero to come along at ep 212 I think is really good move to keep it popular and going forward, the difference is here I actually give a damn about the FT Crew and the masters so looking forward to this..

Would be epic if they managed to have both Fairy Tail and Zero simultaneously every week continuing from 212 ;)

Edited by RhyZe UK