Who would win; Sephiroth or Lightning?

Yoshi Mushi

Who would win?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

Though Lightning is my favorite between the two, Sephiroth is my choice, largely due to the difference of power between the two Final Fantasy worlds, VII averages a far greater level of power (health, damage, ect.) than XIII. Even though Lightning has Odin, Sephiroth has limit breaks, transformations, and materia (which he could technically equip Odin himself). While they're both extremely fast, Sephiroth has far more power. Statistically speaking, Lightning, unfortunately, doesn't have enough in her to take him.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though Lightning is my favorite between the two, Sephiroth is my choice, largely due to the difference of power between the two Final Fantasy worlds, VII averages a far greater level of power (health, damage, ect.) than XIII. Even though Lightning has Odin, Sephiroth has limit breaks, transformations, and materia (which he could technically equip Odin himself). While they're both extremely fast, Sephiroth has far more power. Statistically speaking, Lightning, unfortunately, doesn't have enough in her to take him.

Speed is more important than power in a real fight. Also, you can have more HP in FFXIII than VII and you aren't limited by MP in XIII. Most of what Materia would grant Sephiroth, Lightning can learn with the Crystarium and all 6 roles. Also, with the right accessory in XIII, Lightning could break the 9999 damage limit that VIII can't surpass.

Speed is more important than power in a real fight. Also, you can have more HP in FFXIII than VII and you aren't limited by MP in XIII. Most of what Materia would grant Sephiroth, Lightning can learn with the Crystarium and all 6 roles. Also, with the right accessory in XIII, Lightning could break the 9999 damage limit that VIII can't surpass.

Sephiroth was rather fast when he wanted to be, but even I believe Lightning has the edge in speed, barely. However, the final few fights with Sephiroth were harsh, even with 3 party members. Sephiroth HP was 80000 (though his HP could be up to 400,000) and then he has Shadowflare and Supernova at his disposal, not to mention his signature move Heartless Angel, which could reduce the party's HP to 1.... and that ANNOYING Pale Horse, with a plethora of status effects to give you. However, my knowledge on Lightning's potential is a little lacking, due to temporally being unable to complete to game (I stopped a little ways after Vanille gets her Eidolon), so if she can take Sephiroth by herself due to something I've yet to learn about, do let me know, such as being able to break the damage limit so easily ;), because I'd love to find out that Lightning alone could take down the mighty Sephiroth at his best.

Sephiroth was rather fast when he wanted to be, but even I believe Lightning has the edge in speed, barely. However, the final few fights with Sephiroth were harsh, even with 3 party members. Sephiroth HP was 80000 (though his HP could be up to 400,000) and then he has Shadowflare and Supernova at his disposal, not to mention his signature move Heartless Angel, which could reduce the party's HP to 1.... and that ANNOYING Pale Horse, with a plethora of status effects to give you. However, my knowledge on Lightning's potential is a little lacking, due to temporally being unable to complete to game (I stopped a little ways after Vanille gets her Eidolon), so if she can take Sephiroth by herself due to something I've yet to learn about, do let me know, such as being able to break the damage limit so easily ;), because I'd love to find out that Lightning alone could take down the mighty Sephiroth at his best.

• 4 weeks later...

you know, for all Sephiroth is hyped up, he hasn't actually accomplished that much. I mean, think about it :-

1) He razes Nibelheim to the ground and ends up getting killed by a guy who isn't even a Soldier First Class.

2) He comes back and attempts to take over the world a second time. He almost manages it but at the end, he ends up being defeated by that SAME guy. (seriously, you only had Cloud in that battle)

3) He comes back YET AGAIN in the form of his remnants. Third time's the charm? I think now. He gets beaten BY THE SAME FRIGGING GUY.

Now, this guy hasn't had any special training. Hell, he was said that he wasn't SOLDIER material let alone First Class while Sephi was a decorated First Class War Hero.

If he was beaten by a lad from the nearby village, I'm sure he'd be slaughtered by a woman who can change forms into Fighter, Medic and Ravager with a Blade that can fire bullets.

Excuse me? The final battle in 7 was ridiculously easy. Jenova was harder than Sephiroth. The only reason I didnt beat Sephiroth in 10 minutes was becuase of the attack he does (the name escapes me) where he goes through the entire solar system.

Lightning sucks though, seriously the crappiest main character of the 13 Final Fantasy games. Wakka would kill her using his Blitzball as a weapon as usual.

Ouchh major insult to lightning, although Waka was cool i think. Lightning essentialy was a female version of Cloud, so id go with her. Although i have yet to beat 13.