Yoshi Mushi

Who would win?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they both have their pros and cons. Both indeed rather strong and actually rather fast in general. But in the end, Sephiroth WOULD win. And for those who mentioned about that with Cloud defeating Sephiroth . . . you have to put into consideration that Cloud COULD NOT defeat Sephiroth on his own in Final Fantasy VII. He had help. So you all . . . kind of . . . went absolutely nowhere with that. Also, you have to put into consideration that TECHNICALLY everyone and everything ((even characters)) will die. Even if it doesn't show it in the games. Well, Materia OBVIOUSLY doesn't count. Because in order for Materia to no longer work, you have to destroy it. Which is . . . almost impossible the last time I checked and remembered.

So say that Sephiroth and Lightning did end up battling, Sephiroth would easily win. Because he can ALSO have the Summoned Materia. But even if he didn't have the Summoned Materia, he also has his Limit Breaks and his sword is BEYOND strong. Why do you think he's only used that sword? Not to mention it's also one of his trademarks.

No offense to females like myself, but Sephiroth would straight up win.

And as for a fun fact, one reason why Cloud in fact as strong as he is . . . is because he's . . . a clone of Sephiroth. Hojo even states that in FF7. Hojo tested on BOTH Zack and Cloud.

you have to put into consideration that Cloud COULD NOT defeat Sephiroth on his own in Final Fantasy VII. He had help.

You forget the last battle in FF-VII, the one that takes place in the planet's Core in which Cloud faces Sephiroth in a mind battle all by himself and then again in Advent Children and yet AGAIN in Kingdom Hearts and Dissidia (which are spin-offs but illustrate my point).

his sword is BEYOND strong. Why do you think he's only used that sword? Not to mention it's also one of his trademarks.

I agree that's one long ass katana but Lightning's weapon is a step up. It can shoot. It's an actual GUN BLADE. Shoot it, swing it, do whatever you want. Sephi can summon Meteor, she can summon Odin.

And as for a fun fact, one reason why Cloud in fact as strong as he is . . . is because he's . . . a clone of Sephiroth. Hojo even states that in FF7. Hojo tested on BOTH Zack and Cloud.

That is debatable. While Hojo may have experimented on him, he was considered a semi-failure. He had his own mind and ego and his fighting style varied very much in comparison with Sephiroth. In fact, after playing Crisis Core, you could say it was more like Angeal's or Zack's style, possibly arising when their memories merged on Zack's death. As for his strength, it's more likely to be because of the Mako energy that is infused in each SOLDIER which is the explanation for their blue eyes. (Which is why Aerith was able to recognize his for what he was because she had seen Zack's eyes before.)

• 4 weeks later...
well lightning has a gun blade, but sephiroth can summon a meteor that destroys the entire planet...

Yeah the odds really seem stacked in lightnings favor!

Wtf? You said.. Sephiroth can destroy a planet.. How is this stacked in Lightnings favor? If anything.. She is at a HUGE disadvantage.. Lol.

Ok first of all Sephiroth has the upper advantange over Lightening but you cant count her out she too has speed and agility so let me say this you cant possibly kno yet because if Cloud could beat him how you kno Lightening couldnt but i should say it'll be a EXCELLENT battle anything can happen in Final Fantasy

Umm.. because Lightning sucks and Cloud would own her without even having to use his sword.

Lmao. Agreed. Lightning doesn't have a chance against Cloud.. lol. Its true Cloud beat Sephiroth, But.. If Lightning cant beat Cloud, what the hell makes you think she can beat Sephiroth?

Sephiroth > Cloud > Lightning Nuff said.

Okay, yes. Sephiroth DID lose to Cloud twice. But as I did mention, he still had help to defeat Sephiroth the first time, even if he did defeat him in the final battle alone. Because you do have to put in SOME consideration that he had help. Even if it was to boost him up to defeat Sephiroth. In which, you do have to admit that I have a good point, even if Sephiroth still lost either way.

But still, either way, Sephiroth would in fact defeat Lightning. I actually kind of doubt it'll EVER happen, unless they just happen to make it happen in one of the Dissidia games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Um ... what?

How can a guy (sephiroth) who lost to the same guy (cloud) TWICE be considered stronger than said guy?

Can't we just agree that both are pathetically weak?? Cloud can't do shizz without his party members, and the only person Sephy was able to kill (in the party) was a weak girl who was in the middle of a prayer.... Kinda sounds cowardish to me. js