Last Live-Action Movie you Watched?

Koby

11 minutes ago, Predaking-117 said:

So the dub is decent? I've only seen the movie subbed, but aim to buy the blu-ray soon.

the first one i watched was the subbed version. dont get me wrong, i liked the subbed version, but the subtitles that were everywhere were so distracting. i've been a kaiju fan ever since i first saw Godzilla 1985 as a kid in 1988, so this was a great movie. i definitely recommend you picking it up in blu-ray... there were even things that i noticed that i didnt notice when i watched the subbed version... but then again, i blame all the subtitles :P

8 hours ago, Super Kal said:

the first one i watched was the subbed version. dont get me wrong, i liked the subbed version, but the subtitles that were everywhere were so distracting. i've been a kaiju fan ever since i first saw Godzilla 1985 as a kid in 1988, so this was a great movie. i definitely recommend you picking it up in blu-ray... there were even things that i noticed that i didnt notice when i watched the subbed version... but then again, i blame all the subtitles :P

Awesome. Yeah I'm a kaiju fan as well; sadly my exposure to the genre was through the '98 iguana Zilla (and its superior cartoon). But thankfully I watched the old Toho Big G movies and now am hooked on it all. I've watched parts of Shin G that had did have those giant subtitles removed and they're so much better because of that. Like, the audience won't remember every piece of military hardware, locations, or people better because they obscure the screen.

Well here's hoping Legendary's Monsterverse, future Pacific Rim films, the anime Godzilla movies, and whatever else Toho will do end up well. And hopefully Gamera comes back. I've been out of touch with Ultraman, but I hear it's still going strong.

• 2 weeks later...

Passengers. It was  good movie.But it had some flaws in it.

Spoiler

The male lead characters could drink all kind of alcohol, eat sushi but for breakfast he was restrict to plain coffee and cereal cube. There was practically no means for the ship crew and returning passengers to put themselves back into suspended animation so they can make the 120 year voyage back to earth.Grant it that was part of the plot of the movie but at the same the female lead was supposed to go back after spending a year in the colony implying that she and the ship crew are supposed to return to earth thus needing to return to suspended animation.. Another flaw is that the ship's highly advance AI and navigation wouldn't change course  to avoid a asteroid belt. Also if the male lead is not part of the ship's crew why would he have access to tools,maintenance publications. and other maintenance materials? Also at the end of the movie they could have taken turns i the medic pod to pro-long their life.

Ripped. A cheesy stoner low budget comedy. The characters smoke some secret government weed and wake up 30 years in the future.

Gifted. A little girl is a genius when it comes to math lives with her uncle who wants her to live a normal life while the little girl's grandmother wants her to go to advance classes and be constantly tutored.

Spoiler

I could feel that if this was a real situation it would be wrong to not put such a child in advance classes. But at the same they should be able to do normal kid things.

Edited by ezikialrage

• 2 weeks later...

While not technically a movie, I saw the first 2 episodes of Inhumans in IMAX. Maybe this wasn't a good idea for ti be released like this, then have it air on tv weeks later, but I thought it was alright. Honestly I'm eager to see more of what Marvel does with this series. I'm kinda getting sick of mutants, and clearly there's little to nothing for me to look forward on the Fox/Marvel side of things, so Inhumans is one of those things I'll stick around with and see how it goes as the MCU moves on.

Ghost in the Shell. Its a pretty good movie. Its a whole lot better than some other Hollywood adaptations of manga and anime. I seen the original ghost in the shell anime dozens of times and this movies borrows a from that anime movie. I never seen Stand Alone complex or any other ghost in the shell anime so I don;t know if the movie borrowed any plot elements from it. The movie has awesome special effects.

Spoiler

In this movie people putting their minds into android bodies is a brand new thing while in the anime movie it seems pretty common. Also the lead character's background tragic.

Spoiler

I think as long as you remember Scarlett Johansson is playing a character whose brain was put inside a robot and that the people who made her didn't want her or others finding out her past, then the fact she has  a Asian mom shouldn't bother anyone.

The hate from pc idiots wasn't justified. Actors often portray characters of different races like Will Smith Portraying Dead Shot or Samuel L Jackson portraying Nick Fury. Plus Scarlett Johansson is playing a character whose mind was put inside a robot body, so her race is irrelevant.

The Osiris Child. It was alright sci-fi b-movie.

Transformers the Last Knight. It was okay.I kind of felt there was too much going on.

Spoiler

I also didn't like the fact the had Optimus Prime be Nemesis Prime instead of a Black evil clone of Optimus being Nemesis Prime.

Edited by ezikialrage

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blade Runner 2049

It did not beat the original but it still had a lot going for it. The world is expanded and you get to see a lot more of it and it looks impressive. The music was good but again it was not as good as the first films soundtrack. They did not try to copy it but do something new that would fit in with the dystopian world that i would love to explore more. I had no problems with all the new characters and liked the performances. The story was good but still leaves more questions and i heard that they may do four more films if it does well as it is left open for more.

Not everybody will like it though as even though it has action it is not all the way through with buildup and some will say it is slow moving but the original was like that. I just love the dark

bleak atmosphere that the blade runner world is. Maybe the newer generation will not get what the film is about just like how the original was not well received but for all the older fans

who grew up with it then this is a long overdue sequel done with care.

• 2 weeks later...

Thor: Ragnarok  

Easily the best of the three Thor movies. Felt like guardians of the galaxy more then the other Thor films. Had some funny moments between characters. It was also colourful and had some impressive environments.

Jeff Goldblum was amusing as the Grandmaster and the villain Hela was real bad news and gets stuff done. By the end of the movie things have changed and will effect the MCU from now on. Will want to see were it all goes next when the next Avengers movie rolls on. So i was not disappointed at all and recommend it to Marvel movie fans.

• Like 1