Religion

-PHXN- New001

Are you an Atheist?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an Atheist?

• I'm an Atheist.
    • No, I believe in God.

In my opinion neither side is able to prove they are correct.  The bible isn't enough proof to completely support itself because of the flaws sections that are not to be taken seriously cuz we all know it's mostly code to confuse people and control them, but evolution also hasn't enough proof.  I also can't every agree with atheists.  I believe there is at least a higher power of some kind and I let other believe in what ever higher power they want but to think that everything is ONLY natural and with out super natural is just as close-minded as religious fundamental religious people. This is why i'm anti-religious. I believe atheism is the equivalent to religious and beliefs but in the opposite direction.

In my opinion neither side is able to prove they are correct.  The bible isn't enough proof to completely support itself because of the flaws sections that are not to be taken seriously cuz we all know it's mostly code to confuse people and control them, but evolution also hasn't enough proof.  I also can't every agree with atheists.  I believe there is at least a higher power of some kind and I let other believe in what ever higher power they want but to think that everything is ONLY natural and with out super natural is just as close-minded as religious fundamental religious people. This is why i'm anti-religious. I believe atheism is the equivalent to religious and beliefs but in the opposite direction.

Atheism is an official religion now with places of worship and weekly gatherings. Ah well...

And this is the reason why I am agnostic. Any view is a possibility until proven or disproven. I like the concept of faith, but not organized religion.

• Like 1

There is no 'creation theory', at least not SCIENTIFIC theory.

The fact of the matter is creationism is no more scientific than saying the Earth is flat.

Well, technically it is possible, although not plausible, that Creationism is true. In any case, its best to look at it as a story that explains the creation of the world with their god being the catalyst. There is no real way to disprove it absolutely.

A lack of evidence isn't evidence.

It's like saying 'this person here is a pedophile, they should be arrested', without any proof, just because "There is no real way to disprove it absolutely".

That's not how science works.

Atheism is an official religion now with places of worship and weekly gatherings. Ah well...

And this is the reason why I am agnostic. Any view is a possibility until proven or disproven. I like the concept of faith, but not organized religion.

Atheism is no more a 'religion' than 'bald' is a hair color or 'off' is a TV channel.

Religious texts are based on poor reasoning.It's called 'circular reasoning'.054-circular-reasoning-650x487.jpg

• Like 1

The fact of the matter is creationism is no more scientific than saying the Earth is flat.

Well, technically it is possible, although not plausible, that Creationism is true. In any case, its best to look at it as a story that explains the creation of the world with their god being the catalyst. There is no real way to disprove it absolutely.

It's like saying 'this person here is a pedophile, they should be arrested', without any proof, just because "There is no real way to disprove it absolutely".

Atheism is no more a 'religion' than 'bald' is a hair color or 'off' is a TV channel.Religious texts are based on poor reasoning.

It's called 'circular reasoning'.

Id prefer if you didn't take my words incorrectly. For your first complaint, I never said that creationism was true. I merely stated that it could be true since it hasn't been disproven. This is how science works.

Also, atheism is a religion. It holds views on the divine and the afterlife. It also contests other religions and holds their views as wrong and that atheism is the only right way of thinking. Finally, you can declare you religious affiliation as atheism. So yes it is a religion.

Atheism is no more a 'religion' than 'bald' is a hair color or 'off' is a TV channel.Religious texts are based on poor reasoning.

It's called 'circular reasoning'.

Id prefer if you didn't take my words incorrectly. For your first complaint, I never said that creationism was true. I merely stated that it could be true since it hasn't been disproven. This is how science works.

Also, atheism is a religion. It holds views on the divine and the afterlife. It also contests other religions and holds their views as wrong and that atheism is the only right way of thinking. Finally, you can declare you religious affiliation as atheism. So yes it is a religion.

By that reasoning, then, it's possible all life was created by a multi-dimensional being who pooped us out of their anus during a partially bad poop.

-Again, science doesn't work that way.

-You don't start with a conclusion and then try and make 'facts' to prove it, that's what creationists do.

Again: Off is a TV channel, Bald is a hair color, not having sex is a form of sex, etc.

You can also write in 'other' and declare your race to be TimeLord/Orc and your religion Jedi/Sith.

Does that mean there are TimeLords/Orcs and Jedi/Sith?

Actually, you can't prove that it didn't happen, now can you? Science is about hypothesis. The conclusion is the hypothesis, and the experimentation is to find proof or disproof. So you can start with the conclusion.

Also, Jedi is a valid cult, so it is a valid choice. I don't know about sith. Anyways, a cult needs 100 followers to exist, and millions of people call themselves atheist. So your argument is flawed.

Either way, you are unwilling to see both sides of this argument, so I won't bother to reply anymore. Having a closed mind is the worst thing to do concerning religion or faith.

Edited by lemmingllama

• 2 months later...

Religion is a joke, I've got a question for the Parents out there:

This "God" considers us his Children, Right? And he let's horrible and traumatic things happen to us so that we can Mature and grow spiritually, right?

Now the question is: Would you do that to your own children? Or let them go through that?

I don't know what to think about religion. We have so many people believing in different things.

It's hard to say, but I have peace knowing that when I wake up the next day, I can still breathe, I still have the sun, I still have food eat and water to drink. I refuse to believe that I came from an ape.

It gives me comfort to know the way I'm made, the way the universe works, the way everything is in such perfect order. Which is why believe in God.

• 2 weeks later...

religion is stupid

just a bunch of people scared of nothing existing after death.

but whatever helps them cope so long as it doesnt affect others

like them people going door to door >.>

i also find most religious people are quite hypocritical in terms of their beliefs to their actions

Edited by HeavenlyClassic

Here's one that noone hardly talks about due to the government being assholes. Wicca and Pagan. I have did some research and found out that Indians (Native Americans) were not the first people here. It was the Pagans. In fact some of our presidents were Pagans, but the government did not want people to know. So now when you mention Wicca or Pagan like if you're suppose to wear a certain piece of clothing say a headband that you can not take off even to get a picture taken. They would force you to remove it and say "We will need a letterhead explaining your religion and why you must wear this" which I think is bullshit. We get discriminated against yet they want to force their religion down our throats.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Creation Museum this week. I met Ken Ham. Wow, he is a smug prudent. I believe in creation but i do NOT like that man at all. I think I was the only one in the room who didn't clap when he spoke against marriage equality at his speech. It was awkward and disheartening.

10352043_10152852310082729_2806903958178

Edited by TRUNKSvsCELL

I went to the Creation Museum this week. I met Ken Ham. Wow, he is a smug prudent. I believe in creation but i do NOT like that man at all. I think I was the only one in the room who didn't clap when he spoke against marriage equality at his speech. It was awkward and disheartening.

Does Creation = Creationism? Just a bit curious. (Cool shirt, though)

yeah it's a museum about the history of creation. Which for the most part I agree with but I don't close-minded beliefs. I'm anti-religious but I believe in God and creation. (n thnx)

Edited by TRUNKSvsCELL

I'm an atheist, but I won't be an asshole to those who believe in god and deities and stuff. It's just that it irritates me when someone religious talks to me and keeps on blabbing about god and jesus and the blessings..my mother, of all people. And also, there are some "religious" people that keeps on praying, and praying, and praying but is kind of an asshole when it comes to other things..like my aunt, who is a catechist and has some role in our local parish, but is a complete asshole when she's here in our house. There are also some people that just relies on their god and keeps on praying, but the people themselves does nothing to achieve what they are praying for. So yeah, in my point of view, Religion takes away people's self-trust and encourages the people to worship a deity who has gone to great lengths to hide it's existence.

yeah it's a museum about the history of creation. Which for the most part I agree with but I don't close-minded beliefs. I'm anti-religious but I believe in God and creation. (n thnx)

So...you're just anti-science, and facts?